Replies

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Lol. Needs more R2 leads though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Emperor_Ovaltine
    31 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    @CG_SvenGG how can you say "we will be paying attention to your feedback" when clearly you done everything but.... Edit: "We will be paying attention to your feedback and ignoring it, giving you the finger and doing as we please anyway"
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Here is the issue - lots of people paid lots of money for Revan. Lots of people spent lots of time (and money) farming Traya. Now you are banning them both from arguably the most important part of the game (guild-based PVP). Guilds are why many people stay in this game and stay engaged. That is why TW is so important (I love GA but TW is more vital to the game's health).

Banning hard-earned or expensively-bought toons from a vital game event is poor planning. Please instead think up creative buffs like you did for Mace, CUP etc. Those got near-universal applause, this has received near-universal condemnation.
  • Hi, I’ve been wanting you to do, is create a clone wars theme territory battle. On the planet of geonosis.
    Light side.
    New hero: Padme amidala, in her battle skin, she would be a great hero addition to this game as being an amazing leader and is really good and grants a lot of things to certain characters like C-3po, R2-D2, Anakin and clone wars Ahsoka Tano. And she can give them a lot of great buffs. And could make her a very powerful character that the clone wars era needs to put its self on the map. And the only way to get her shards is in the the territory battle.
    People leaders that you need for things, is general kanobi, anakin, one of the clones, padme.
    You can also do cool battles where we only use clones and stuff like that.

Darkside:
    New hero: droideka an really cool droid to add to the separates army with their shields and everything, and can only get its shards in territory war. For leaders that you need is count dooku, general grievous, droideka and poggle the lesser. And have a battle where you need all the geonosians in a battle.
    This would be really fun for the people who play this game and love clone wars cause I feel we really get forgotten and I want padme in this game and would be a really good leader for the republic
  • I don’t even know why they put leaders on the polls to be banned. If they get banned the whole faction is useless. Case in point, 4/5 of my g12 characters are droids, and HK got banned, making them worthless.
  • This is a bad idea. Don't do this.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    lmao they closed the mega thread for Territory Wars 😂 😂

That was me, figured you could use the two new threads to continue ;)

Also I noticed the entire thread is gone. Spells a rather bad image if you ask me. (nothing personal but this is an observation)
    Can't review feedback if it doesn't exist
  • This is the worst decision I’ve seen you make yet. In the original post, you said you’d be monitoring feedback. I haven’t seen a single shred of positive feedback for this. Do the smart thing and scratch this idea...
  • I also lol'd at the in game announcement. The wording really makes you think this was chosen and supported by the forums. Instead of "community-driven territory wars" it should read "Dev driven down community throat like a dirty sock!"
  • I spent time and money to gear my First Order team specifically for TW Defensive teams to help my guild.

You eliminated two key pieces of that team which took me forever to 7-Star and G12.

Gee thanks for the fun.
  • JJBagger01 wrote: »
    This is absolutely insane! Those who paid money for those toons now should pursue refunds

I tried this more so out of curiosity than expecting actual results. They basically said they can do what they want in a less direct way. Its a shame, best part of the game was totally gutted.
  • Can someone from Capital Games please expand on the thought process behind this change?

It seems to be so completely out of touch with what the community enjoys about the game mode and its past variations that it would be very interesting (almost necessary at this point) to understand how it came to be.

As a paying consumer, I think of myself almost as a stock holder in this game and I really want to hear what the company has to say about guidance moving forward. If this is the decision making behavior to expect moving forward , some forewarning would be useful for future investment decisions.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Sunnie1978 wrote: »

Did anyone actually read thru that thread? Cuz it's not looking that way..
  • PeldorV
    45 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm going to try very hard to be respectful here because I love the game and what you've built. Having said that, this entire process bothers me greatly. You put the change out there and got overwhelmingly negative feedback. You said they would take the feedback into account, then did exactly what you said you were going to do originally without any outward evidence that you really care why they player base is upset. Given the similar games (Marvel Heroes comes right to mind) that also pushed out unpopular changes, ignored the community uproar, and then then went out of business, this makes me nervous about spending more money on the game. Not out of some odd sense that I'm punishing you or getting retribution but because I'm afraid my investment won't be worth anything if the game closes.

I'm really disturbed by this entire process. I hope that you come out and address this head on and not just lip service. I want to keep spending money on this game and enjoying it for years to come but I just can't given this.
  • Not only did they remove TW for almost two months, they were unable to run this in parallel with ga.

We have had less content and now neutered content.

Rather than addressing the concerns of the community, they have plowed on anyway essentially showing that they think they know best. Considering how much the game crashes with every tw rotation this will likely be a disaster and all we, they community can do is watch a game we enjoy being taken in a direction that is damaging.
  • I love how they blame it on the community....
  • CG baffles me. They make so many things hard for F2P players, yet here they stab their big payers who paid through the nose for Revan in the back. Perhaps they are thinking that they can be please both sides, but it just ends up making everyone upset.
  • Metroplex79
    832 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Wow.

I lose 14/20. Some were for Defence, and not all were overpowered. Some of those would have to be replaced with even weaker Toons.

Though for sure some of you are hindered even more.

It looks like if you had all the meta Toons pre-2017 you should be fine.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • List of Twenty Better TW Variations from /u/GmanSWGOH on reddit:

No one wants to be told that they can't use toons they worked hard to build, so here are twenty TW ideas that would be better than a broad restriction of 28 toons. (Some of these are much, much easier to implement than others.)

More special bonuses for individual toons - This goes without saying. You tried it and it was fairly well received. Do it again with new toons. Had to start here.

Planetary Landing - Keep the same map, but move the two fleet zones up front. You can't assault until you punch a hole in the fleet blockade.

Break 'em Up! - Squad building rule allows only two toons from any given faction in a given squad (excluding Light/Dark, of course). Throw out the cookie cutter defense and get creative with mixed comps!

Teamwork, FTW! - Recruit an available allied toon into your team, just like in PvE. Assign toons before the war as available.

Many Bothan Spies - Make all zones visible from the outset to test the attack planning skills of each side.

Zone Victory Bonuses - Assign platoon-like bonuses to specific zones. When the zone falls, the bonuses apply elsewhere on the map.

Fall Back! - Add an Escape Button like in the raids with an X% chance of escaping (maybe 25%, once per battle). Toons that escape can be used again, but retain health/protection totals.

Global Special Abilities - Like many of the events that have a special ability that is available to all toons, give a minor special ability to represent the uniqueness of the battlefield to all toons (with cooldown). Ex. Healing Waters - Heal 20% and gain 40% TM.

Easily Routed - All teams are defeated as soon as their leader dies, but more banners are achieved per additional casualty.

Call for Reinforcements - Allow officers to move squads from an unexposed zone to an exposed, undefeated zone during the course of the war. (You know... like actual battlefields.)

Terrain Bonuses - Each zone represents a certain kind of terrain, like desert, snowfield, or urban. Certain factions, like Tuskens or Jawas would gain bonuses in the desert, Hoth toons would gain bonuses in snowfields, and Droids would gain bonuses in urban terrain, for example.

Ambushed and Unprepared - All toons start all battles with the cooldowns on their specials increased by one. Only basic attacks can be used in the first round.

Unending War - Once all zones are beaten, the map resets and you can keep attacking. How high can your guild score within the time limit???

Hidden Treasure (rename Spoils of War?) - Attach hidden loot boxes to X (3? 4?) random, enemy squads. Whoever defeats that squad is awarded a bonus prize (think 20 stun guns).

High Gravity Planet - All toons have their speed set to 100 and are unaffected by leadership abilities or buffs that modify speed. (A little controversial, as it would punish people with good mods, but a fun equalizer.)

Keep it Simple - All basic attacks have +50% potency and do +50% damage.

Lead the Charge - Pick 4 or 5 individual toons and disallow them on defense, but allow them for offense. They're busy leading the charge! (This could be made more interesting by doing light side/dark side flavors.)

3v3 TW - Yeah, I said it. I enjoyed 3v3 GA, so why not try an iteration of it at the Guild Level?

Blitzkrieg - Make time a factor. Either shorten the battle time limit to 4 minutes, or make any zone that doesn't fall within 4 hours start to "reinforce" by reviving random defeated teams every 30 minutes. (You could actually use this tactically to gain extra banners by defeating a squad twice!)

Saboteurs - Create a defensive zone that holds 3-5 teams. The teams in these slots are Saboteurs. So long as the team has a higher GP than a target enemy squad, use the Saboteurs and instantly defeat that squad. Anyone can assign Saboteurs, but only officers can employ them. The Saboteur zone can be unable to be attacked, or attackable, meaning it might make sense to push quickly to the Saboteur zone and defeat the high GP, but (probably) low synergy squads there before the enemy can use them.

• Glauron wrote: »
    Here is the issue - lots of people paid lots of money for Revan. Lots of people spent lots of time (and money) farming Traya. Now you are banning them both from arguably the most important part of the game (guild-based PVP). Guilds are why many people stay in this game and stay engaged. That is why TW is so important (I love GA but TW is more vital to the game's health).

Banning hard-earned or expensively-bought toons from a vital game event is poor planning. Please instead think up creative buffs like you did for Mace, CUP etc. Those got near-universal applause, this has received near-universal condemnation.

Not just these guys. Think about Nest, who is on a single hard node farm. I've been farming her since she went FTP and just got her 7* last week. Can't use her because she is "frustrating to play against." The entire time prior to her nerf, she was "working as intended."

Recently nerfed, presently banned.

Give me a break.
  • Sunnie1978 wrote: »

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Uh huh....
    TwanSolo | Legion | Find me on Discord: WorstIdeaEver#4048
  • Remove head from kitten then be a developer. I think they all failed passing this step. Complete and utter embarrassment
  • all this pearl clutching over a single territory war is amusing.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Can’t ignore threads if they are closed!
    Birdbox meme here!
  • Why would anyone think that removing 20 of the games most popular characters would enhance our enjoyment. With multiple characters from each faction missing we will be playing with broken teams. Please don't do this again, especially not with so many characters. Better luck next time.
  • It goes beyond the one TW. It’s the fact they have made it abundantly clear they don’t care about our feedback that is egregious
  • Well I certainly hope CG doesn't start giving out free crystals. No one wants free crystals.

Pssst if we say we don't want stuff that we do want we will get it.

I do hope along with the free crystals they don't give us a General Grievous rework.
  • From a purely customer retention standpoint this is dumb and myopic.
This discussion has been closed.