Crossroads....

darkensoul
1309 posts Member
So I've been playing since about one week after level 70 came out. For the past three weeks or so I've purchased the $20 crystal pack every 3-4 days for refreshes. I also bought the kylo pack.

My main squad is phasma, sid, lumi, kylo and daka with 26,958 sa power. I'm still finishing daka at 33/100. I also have dooku at 6*.

So here is my problem: GW

I have completed 36 gw wins thus far. I have had some very challenging battles in gw, but usually managed to complete it. After the update, I now get to node 11, but can't complete due to running out of toons. It has occurred to me that the game is telling me something; that I cannot compete now with only one elite team. Apparently I now need two, and more fodder.

I have read that barris, jc and yoda help a ton in gw. I have jc at 3* only.

I'd like to finish my dooku: 2/100. However I'm starting to wonder if I should switch gears and start farming a team to get Yoda 7*. This should give me enough elite toons to start completing gw again. However the amount of time it would take to get these toons up to snuff is daunting.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Replies

• I would stick with one squad at a time - get what you have to 7 star, then branch out one character or 2 at a time
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Thank you for the input. Once my daka is 7* my main squad will be complete. Not sure if I should let dooku sit at 6* for now and start to farm barris or jc first in cantina?
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    One team with a few subs will do.

My A team is QGJ, Dooku, GS, Sid, Lumi. But I sub in JC, Poe, Chewy, and Talia as needed.

I just got Barris to 5☆ so I'm sure she will see lots of action now as well.
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    I use 2 healers, a taunt, and 2 heavy hitters all the way through , it's a perfect balance my taunt character will never die with 2 healers and my taunt will take most damage before touching my team
    [SöD]
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    For myself, Barriss is the shinning star in GW. Sure she hits like a wet noodle, but when she is giving your party a mini heal every other attack with the passive heal at the start of each characters turn. It's just too easy. Usually after all the major threats are taken care of, I'll purposely just use basic attacks only to refresh cool downs and auto regen health back to full before the next battle.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Perhaps I should start back on my poe. He is 5* gear vi currently.

Thank you for the input.

Who is your taunter, btw? RG, han?
  • If you want help for GW, I suggest you Farm for Barris and once your Daka is done use the cantina currency on QJG for a Jedi
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    If you want help for GW, I suggest you Farm for Barris and once your Daka is done use the cantina currency on QJG for a Jedi

Yes I need qgj, bad. And barris it appears.
  • darkensoul wrote: »
    If you want help for GW, I suggest you Farm for Barris and once your Daka is done use the cantina currency on QJG for a Jedi

Yes I need qgj, bad. And barris it appears.

Barris is really good, i got her from a free pack on my 3rd day lol so i have her at 4 stars, she really is good for GW. As soon as i hit 69 i will get her to 7 stars
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    darkensoul wrote: »
    So I've been playing since about one week after level 70 came out. For the past three weeks or so I've purchased the $20 crystal pack every 3-4 days for refreshes. I also bought the kylo pack.

My main squad is phasma, sid, lumi, kylo and daka with 26,958 sa power. I'm still finishing daka at 33/100. I also have dooku at 6*.

So here is my problem: GW

I have completed 36 gw wins thus far. I have had some very challenging battles in gw, but usually managed to complete it. After the update, I now get to node 11, but can't complete due to running out of toons. It has occurred to me that the game is telling me something; that I cannot compete now with only one elite team. Apparently I now need two, and more fodder.

I have read that barris, jc and yoda help a ton in gw. I have jc at 3* only.

I'd like to finish my dooku: 2/100. However I'm starting to wonder if I should switch gears and start farming a team to get Yoda 7*. This should give me enough elite toons to start completing gw again. However the amount of time it would take to get these toons up to snuff is daunting.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

You don't need Yoda. I would pick Bariss or JC and max them just for more heals in GW after you max Dooku. Then you can decide to farm jedis for a month from now or forget Yoda and farm whoever you like from arena and GW.

• EM650
    1120 posts Member
    I have better squads/toons, but the Squad that I have found makes GW easy is Barriss lead, with Sid, Dooku, Daka, and GS all 7* max. Lots of stuns, Barriss beefs up HP, helps recover HP
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    EM650 wrote: »
    I have better squads/toons, but the Squad that I have found makes GW easy is Barriss lead, with Sid, Dooku, Daka, and GS all 7* max. Lots of stuns, Barriss beefs up HP, helps recover HP

Thank you for the input.

Yes, I realize how essential the bug is in all facets of this game. I've just been putting him off for the fact that he is generic and only farm able on node 1. Perhaps I should bite the bullet. I also fear next level cap might make him less viable.

Assists from qgj and geo seem to be the remedy for all situations~