Teams I really want to be good but aren't

Prev1
Surely you guys have these: pet teams that for whatever reason - you just love the IDEA of them - you pour your resources into, hoping they'll be awesome... but then you learn they're just super NOT.

Some examples for me:

I really, REALLY want Gar Saxon and the Supercommando to be awesome. They LOOK awesome. They shoot over and over again which is fun. But I can tell you that they are not all that awesome. I mean, at G12 with 6-dot mods, they might be okay... but Coruscant Underworld Police is probably decent enough at that point. So sad. Their ship is a bit of 'aight, though.

I really REALLY want the Tusken Raiders to be awesome. Nobody uses them and look how cool they are with their wraps and gaffi sticks. Right? Well, they're not. They're garbage. The best I've managed with them is to give them a Phasma lead and lots of speed, and then they go pretty frequently. And granted, it's fun! ...But they will never take down a serious team, even though I've got them all G11 now with decent mods. Until the devs see fit to add more Tusken and/or rework what we've got, not so much.

I actually still have a few others but, hey - this isn't all about me. Let me be here for you. LOL! What are some of the teams you quietly put your hopes and dreams into just watch them s.u.c.k disappointingly? Tell Uncle Sam. ; )

SamUX

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I want droids to be great. I missed the HK meta. It's not like they're bad, but they seem to be a permanent B team because droids often play a supporting role in anything Star Wars

... think that's it for me. Sith and Jedi both got a turn, and that's what I was hoping for around this time last year. Maybe bring the clones back?
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I'd like the Clones to be better. I was in the process of building them up back when I started, then I didn't play for about a year and a half. Now I'm back and I've got them all 7-starred, but they're painfully outdated and not worth gearing except maybe Rex, and Fives for his ship.

Their kit feels a bit like a light-side Imperial Troopers, so it'd be nice if they could just be updated a bit to be at least as effective as the troopers are; a bit niche but still nice to have around.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• HKFactory
    373 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I never regret my investments into my characters, because I know full well that I could suddenly change my mind and work on another character or team instead, or that characters could come out that are meant for taking out other characters with similar abilities, therefore affecting them by extension. On the topic of Gar Saxon though, people commonly mistake his leader ability as a leader ability that “sucks” despite the fact that commander luke’s is almost identical, and people say it’s good, (not to mention the rebel faction has a bunch of ridiculously overpowered characters) in reality it’s not that the leader ability “sucks” so much as it is that A.) The empire faction doesn’t really have many, if any, characters that work well with that leader ability or many, if any, overpowered characters, and B.) frankly I feel that the REAL problem for Gar Saxon is Darth Traya’s (an increasingly common character) ridiculous damage equal to 35% of the targets max health whenever someone attacks out of their turn.
  • Gar and Super Commando aren't bad! You definitely won't be using them in Arena since you only need one team for that, but you need multiple teams for Territory Wars and for Grand Arena. Troopers you save for offense, but Gar, Commando, and the remnant Empire characters can be a good backup team.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I don’t know about only needing one team for arena. Maybe if you bought Revan. But personally, I use 2 arena teams, depending on which team I’m facing. And ideally, I’d have at least 1 more.
  • I really want the FO to be great. I wish Anakin was the beast he should be as well.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I want Phoenix to rock. Granted, they aren't the worst faction in the game, but in end-game their use is very limited, and the big problem is small damage. It doesn't seem to do the characters justice.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • I really really really want the geos to be good, maybe realease more into the game. They look so awesome, but really only spy can find a place with that nute lead.🙁
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Seperatists. There is no point in even having the tag right now. We still need B1 and droideka. Not even meta just some decent team. Mabye a strong use it TB or something.
  • HKFactory wrote: »
    I never regret my investments into my characters, because I know full well that I could suddenly change my mind and work on another character or team instead, or that characters could come out that are meant for taking out other characters with similar abilities, therefore affecting them by extension. On the topic of Gar Saxon though, people commonly mistake his leader ability as a leader ability that “sucks” despite the fact that commander luke’s is almost identical, and people say it’s good, (not to mention the rebel faction has a bunch of ridiculously overpowered characters) in reality it’s not that the leader ability “sucks” so much as it is that A.) The empire faction doesn’t really have many, if any, characters that work well with that leader ability or many, if any, overpowered characters, and B.) frankly I feel that the REAL problem for Gar Saxon is Darth Traya’s (an increasingly common character) ridiculous damage equal to 35% of the targets max health whenever someone attacks out of their turn.

Prepare your Gar Saxon because Traya banned this TW.

Personally I am working on Gar (L), storm, snow, range, thrawn.
  • I want Phoenix to rock. Granted, they aren't the worst faction in the game, but in end-game their use is very limited, and the big problem is small damage. It doesn't seem to do the characters justice.

i grew to despise phoenix back before palp when 90% of top 500 was it. now its 90% palp.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    I wish Anakin was the beast he should be as well.

I feel like the Jedi fix, in general, was cheap. They still stink, individually. All they did was introduce some leadership skills that were so overbeefed that they cover up everyone else's weaknesses. A REAL fix would be to make Jedi like Mace and Anakin actually badass in their own right.

• CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    SamuraiUX wrote: »
    I really REALLY want the Tusken Raiders to be awesome.

Me too.

Tuskens have been my favourite Star Wars characters since I saw the first film as a very small boy.

• Tuskens have been my favourite Star Wars characters since I saw the first film as a very small boy.

And ultimately, that's what this's all about, right? It's why we bother to play the game. Because of our fondness for weird characters like Bossk or heroes like Luke or personal favorites like those weird, seal-soundingTusken Raiders. What's your Tusken team look like? I've had mild success with Phasma lead, the three Tuskens, and Farmboy Luke who fits right in with his rifle. Once they get going, they do alright, but they would do better with, you know, Traya on the team or something, LOL. At which point they'd be window dressing for Traya.
  • There was that one Tusken team.... (not all Tuskens, but):
    0qbt9sb284i01.png

• enlguy wrote: »
    There was that one Tusken team.... (not all Tuskens, but):
    0qbt9sb284i01.png

Yeah shaman and GG synergized well.
  • https://swgoh.gg/squads/18957/

Nothing about gar sucks ,just could do with a very small tune up.

Maybe a counter attack chance for him self instead of just the leadership doesn't even need to be a lot 10-20% from 1-8 on his unique.

A small stacking offence like 5% ,or something else when he hits outside his turn till the end of his next turn would be amazing.

I have found his leadership much more fun for troopers instead of veers though.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    [ersonally I am working on Gar (L), storm, snow, range, thrawn.

Use snow on other team with veers if you want 2 teams and bring mag to the gar team the tenacity will help with daze.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Gar would be at up there for me too. Give them the trooper tag, or make his lead health and protection heal and it might sort him out. He is just so fun to use because all the shooty-shooty.

And for the love of god rework the Clone Wars Jedi.
  • Gar is ok, they could add 5% prot reg on basic to his lead thou... And IT tag would be great...My TW team: Gar lead, ISC, RG, TFP and Magma or IPD. Best to use chars that have basic attack with high damage/good debuffs.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    enlguy wrote: »
    There was that one Tusken team.... (not all Tuskens, but):
    0qbt9sb284i01.png

Lol that's my shard. Obviously an old pic though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I wish Wiggs teams would still stand a chance in the arena. I've been having a lot of fun trying out different rebel teams with them in GW since I geared them up for Fleet. Ezra, Jyn and Hoth Scout can speed-clear most nodes on auto under a Wiggs lead. But the harder nodes are a grim reminder that any popular arena team would eat them for breakfast.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I wish Wiggs teams would still stand a chance in the arena. I've been having a lot of fun trying out different rebel teams with them in GW since I geared them up for Fleet. Ezra, Jyn and Hoth Scout can speed-clear most nodes on auto under a Wiggs lead. But the harder nodes are a grim reminder that any popular arena team would eat them for breakfast.

I'm on an April 2017 shard and when I first started they were everywhere (or at least in the range I was capable of getting up to). All that mattered was if your Biggs was fast enough to go before their Biggs.

Checking the speed of every opponent got tiresome quickly.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    SamuraiUX wrote: »
    What's your Tusken team look like?

Oh I don't even have one mate! Doesn't seem much point! But thank you - always you energise me in regards this game.

Post edited by CoastalJames on
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    I really want the FO to be great. I wish Anakin was the beast he should be as well.

He did get his arms and legs cut off by pre General Kenobi.
  • Don’t know about a whole team but I would really really like for HK47 to be better. He is one of my absolute favourite Star Wars characters all time and it would be awesome if he was more viable. I feel they could have given him the OR tag and an update when they released Revan (I know their reasons for not giving him the Old Republic tag but if they gave it to Canderous they could well have given it to him HK47 too).
  • Jawas.
    Tuskens.
    Gar and ISC.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • SamuraiUX wrote: »
    I really REALLY want the Tusken Raiders to be awesome. Nobody uses them and look how cool they are with their wraps and gaffi sticks. Right? Well, they're not. They're garbage. The best I've managed with them is to give them a Phasma lead and lots of speed, and then they go pretty frequently. And granted, it's fun! ...But they will never take down a serious team, even though I've got them all G11 now with decent mods. Until the devs see fit to add more Tusken and/or rework what we've got, not so much.

I actually still have a few others but, hey - this isn't all about me. Let me be here for you. LOL! What are some of the teams you quietly put your hopes and dreams into just watch them s.u.c.k disappointingly? Tell Uncle Sam. ; )
    SamUX

I've been toying with the idea of a Tusken team with Zaalbar and Mission. They have a leader, two attackers, a healer and a tank. The obvious synergy is shaman and Z + M. The only glaring weakness is the leader spot.

All three of the tuskens have pretty good basic attacks in terms of detrimental effects. Rework Urorurrrrours lead so that it grants them some sort of counterattack. For example, all tuskens counterattack if a buffed enemy attacks any of them and they could be pretty dangerous.
  • The Clone troopers were my first actual squad, and at the time, I thought they were great! But now that I have several far better teams, I realize that they are not what first thought they were. They need more Damage and health, along with a general tune up.
  • Ask crumb.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales