Releasing OT Falcon Before Punishing One is an Insult to All Things Bounty Hunter.

Prev1
SilverbackMM
260 posts Member
edited January 2019
j6mgp2u3ciu9.jpeg
j8vymnlcf5k1.jpeg

To include Slave I, Hounds Tooth, and IG-2000 in the bounty hunter ship mix to get the OT Falcon but not Punishing One tells fans that Dengar might as well not have even been there onboard the bridge of the Executioner on that fateful day when the Empire gathered the six best bounty hunters in the galaxy to hunt down Han Solo.

Granted, Greedo was dead by then so you have an excuse to not include Manka Hunter, and Zuckuss and 4-LOM have yet to find existence in the game, but to leave out the sleekest, sexiest Corellian ship in the galaxy is an affront to fans, bounty hunter enthusiasts in particular.

I would rather have Punishing One in my arsenal than yet another Falcon. It’s more fresh and new, and offers the chance for further cohesion and synergy among the bounty hunter ship faction.

Don’t get me wrong I’m vehemently pursuing the Falcon and am looking to most likely earning the 7-Star version of such upon the first launch of the Falcon event. That’s only because early on in my playing I went bounty hunter mains, and as an enthusiast I believe a mistake was made not releasing Punishing One first, giving players time to farm it, then requiring all five bounty hunter ships to get Falcon.

The reason I found, that they haven’t done this, is because Punishing One isn’t actually canon.

All of it’s apprerances, according to wookieepedia, come from Legends writings and comics. But the fact of the matter is Dengar has to have a ship. The fans would not want you to change it from Punishing One to something else.

So this dilemma presents Galaxy of Heroes with a unique opportunity: TO ACTUALLY MAKE SOMETHING CANON AS A DEMONSTRATION OF ITS ULTIMATE POWER IN THE STAR WARS UNIVERSE.

Perhaps Capital Games will bring on the Punishing One later in the game, making it canon. DO IT. You know you want to.

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    This game doesn't care about stuff being canon or not, and it doesn't make something canon when it gets added. The prime example of this is the Triumvirate.
    That said, there might be some issue with rights concerning EU content. Not sure where Punishing One stands in that regard.
  • Options
    Furthermore, IG-2000 is considered Legends so that hasn’t stopped them in the past. This increases the chance we might see Punishing One in the future. The real reason they didn’t release it first may be to put more emphasis on IG-88 and Cad Bane, who are sort of extraneous bounty hunters compared to the more vital Dengar with the way he works with Bossk’s Zeta to heal using mines and much more. He increases the damage of the entire squad exponentially if you know how to wait to use your specials until he is stealthed. Very strong character.
  • Options
    What is EU content?
  • Options
    Also the fact remains that slave one was the only ship that actually found the falcoln.

So lore wise slave one plus empire makes much more sense
  • Options
    What is EU content?

EU - Expanded Universe, or European Union
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    What is EU content?

Expanded Universe - basically old name for Legends.
  • Options
    Wow, And I thought I was a dork. Jk! :)
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    I've never even heard of this ship. Consider me uninsulted.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    The only reason I even know what Punishing One is is because I played the Magic-style Star Wars card game that came out in like, 1993:

71a9fGxdKUL._SY450_.jpg

The cards were fun to collect, but unfortunately the game itself was so needlessly complicated that it was the exact opposite of fun to actually play.

Anyway, I'd like to see Dengar's ship added, sure, but it seems like a weird thing to get so worked up about.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I've never even heard of this ship. Consider me uninsulted.
    I've heard of it and I enjoy my BH team but similarly un-insulted.
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    The only reason I even know what Punishing One is is because I played the Magic-style Star Wars card game that came out in like, 1993:

71a9fGxdKUL._SY450_.jpg

The cards were fun to collect, but unfortunately the game itself was so needlessly complicated that it was the exact opposite of fun to actually play.

Anyway, I'd like to see Dengar's ship added, sure, but it seems like a weird thing to get so worked up about.

You’re crazy! I had a blast playing that game. Still have my decks from way back then
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

71a9fGxdKUL._SY450_.jpg

You’re crazy! I had a blast playing that game. Still have my decks from way back then

It was fun initially, but with every new set they added like 75 new rules and it just became a hot mess.

I still have a binder full of limited edition rares in protective coating somewhere. I keep waiting for them to become valuable and it keeps not happening.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Punishing one? Never heard of her. Ok im a nerd and I have heard of her, but dont care.
  • Options
    What is EU content?

Ethical Understanding.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    Greedo was one of Jabba's second-rate flunkies trying to make a name for himself. They all laughed at him. But we didn't know this in 1977 so he was kinda scary. We don't need his ship. And Dengar was barely even in the film ... nobody cares about him either.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Greedo was one of Jabba's second-rate flunkies trying to make a name for himself. They all laughed at him. But we didn't know this in 1977 so he was kinda scary. We don't need his ship. And Dengar was barely even in the film ... nobody cares about him either.

1) Did you know CUP is in the game? We need CUP. We also need Greedo. In relative terms.
    2) Speak for yourself.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Also the fact remains that slave one was the only ship that actually found the falcoln.

So lore wise slave one plus empire makes much more sense

Good point
  • Options

71a9fGxdKUL._SY450_.jpg

I still have all my cards. Worth nothing now
  • Options

You obviously never read Tales of the Bounty Hunters back when Star Wars novels were cool in the late 90s.
  • Options
    Dengar had the same amount of screen time as Bossk and Bossk has the best ship in the game currently
  • Options
    Dengar had the same amount of screen time as Bossk and Bossk has the best ship in the game currently

Nah, Bossk even had a line. Dengar just stood there looking like a slob. At least IG-88 was scary looking.
  • Options
    I think I’m obsessed with it from a design standpoint. I think it’s cooler than the Falcon in terms of Corellian engineering. But that’s just me.
  • Options
    Corellian ships are already the the coolest style in Star Wars in case you weren’t aware. Not the imperial crap they produce there for Kuat or whatever. I’m talking that signature Corellian cockpit and more. Ever see a Corellian Gunship? What’s cooler than that?
  • Options

Dengar has the armor and the bandage on the head, adding an element of mystery. And he was human. This is the kind of psychopath who could go into a crowd of 25 stormtroopers, kill all of them and come out standing. He arguably should’ve been the Bounty Hunter tank with all that armor. In Tales of the Bounty Hunters he’s actually the guy that pulls Boba Fett from the Sarlacc Pit but I guess that’s Legends now and doesn’t count. If you’re the top six bounty hunters in the GALAXY you’re super talented and should be up there with the rest with a rightful ship at your side.
  • Options
    The first “purchase” I made in game as an ignorant person was a scoundrel multi pack random thing where I got Dengar. It set me down the path of Bounty Hunters. Because Dengar is awesome. He might have a minority of fans but I’m one of them and don’t care how you feel about it. One of the things I love about the classic bounty hunters is the perfectly even distribution of different types of blasters among them. Dengars Valken-38 Blaster/sniper rifle is my favorite amongst the whole crew.
  • Valaraukar
    150 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Dengar might as well not have even been there onboard the bridge of the Executioner on that fateful day when the Empire gathered the six best bounty hunters in the galaxy to hunt down Han Solo

I read it this way, then reread it and disagreed
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Personally i admire they trying to keep ships as balanced as they can.... if P1 was released and had more BH synergy right now no one would be running anything else

Rebels and resistance prob need the biggest boosts right now... rebels have good ships but capital almost and autoloss against anyone with HT unless your reapering TM and ITF to get to special first....

Resistance X wing is gonna be REAL good someday with more resistance ships
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Resistance X wing is gonna be REAL good someday with more resistance ships
    Resistance X-Wing needs a way to get a passive offense boost and then Poe + Resistance X-wing could tear things up. Only problem is that they both need their reinforcement abilities and Resistance is pretty much out of pilots. Rose isn't a pilot, Holdo could get a capital ship, R2, 3PO, and BB8 aren't pilots (bb8 should be w/ poe but oh well). That leaves us with Trooper and RJT..... RJT + Vet Chewie could get an episode 8 ****, and put trooper in... a bomber? lol. Then we'd potentially have 2 more resistance ships that could (hopefully) start the battle, under Holdo, and then bring ing X-Wing followed by Poe and you could start really tearing up the enemy fleets.
  • Options
    There is already an Ep VII Falcon with Rey and Finn crewing, it just doesn't have any active synergy with the Resistance X-Wings.