Issue with Nest

So I ran into an issue while fighting nest today with my rebel squad.

In a situation of 5 v 1, Nest gets con stunned by my rebels and never (and I mean never) gets a turn because of all the TM Luke and Han put out. So she just keeps gaining protection and it never goes away and you can’t do enough damage to cut through it.

So even though I had 3 minutes left at that point and it was 5 on 1 I had to draw because she never got a turn for her bonus protection to expire.

This seems like a terrible mechanic if it’s WAI.

Anyone else seeing this. I’ve test this 3 times today and got the same result each time, and each time it was against a different team using Nest.

Replies

• I agree it’s a bit pants but the standard response is change your team- less tm more stun and buff immunity
  • TVF
    9359 posts Member
    Hantal86 wrote: »
    I agree it’s a bit pants but the standard response is change your team- less tm more stun and buff immunity

Think you mean stun and/or daze. Buff Immunity doesn't stop the protection gain.
  • Teams that remove a bunch of tm are not ideal vs Nest, especially solo Nest. She has to take turns to lose her bonus protection. With your team you don’t want to save her for last. Remove her protection early and then hit her with a big damage special after she takes a turn and only has health.
  • TVF
    9359 posts Member
    UlicQ wrote: »
    This seems like a terrible mechanic if it’s WAI.

Forcing us to use some strategy instead of mashing attack buttons does not a terrible mechanic make.
  • Kokie
    265 posts Member
    My Hoda cant defeat c3p0 one on one...gotta nerf c3p0.....
  • So.. either A. Use a different team. Or B. Don't leave Nest until last, hit her once, let her take a turn, big hit, wash, rinse, repeat until dead.

I swear I just read this same exact thread a week ago..
  • Ultra
    1595 posts Member
    You need to time your attacks with CLS / Han Solo. She’s very easy to kill with rebels
  • I agree it's a terrible design, but you can manage it pretty easily if you play it right. Learn from the mistake. Use some big shots on nest throughout the fight, and then KO her before she's the last one standing. Han's special and chewie's 2nd special are excellent options as they hit hard and stun, so no counter.
  • The best plan with Nest is to hit her with a high damage attack exactly once after each of her turns. That way, you should kill her before she’s the only one left. Or, if you want an easier option, swap one team member with Darth Nihilus and just annihilate her.
  • Nest was specifically designed to cause trouble for TM reduction squads. It's not a "bad mechanic," you're just using the exact team she was created to beat.
  • So.. either A. Use a different team. Or B. Don't leave Nest until last, hit her once, let her take a turn, big hit, wash, rinse, repeat until dead.

I swear I just read this same exact thread a week ago..

I swear I read this same exact thread every day...
  • VonZant
    1761 posts Member
    Sith Assasin can one shot a low health nest through protection. So can Embo once he has his contract.
  • Dont forget Visas can do her piercing strike, i find that it always hits hard and it ignores protection.

something to consider
  • Lethoiun wrote: »
    Dont forget Visas can do her piercing strike, i find that it always hits hard and it ignores protection.

something to consider

Oh nice call, i just played the odds and try to do as little damage as possible before i kill nest. But swapping visas in will make it way easier, even on the traya nests - though those are alot easier to kill nest before you kill everyone else.
  • A tm loop group complains that another character doesnt take a turn anymore - priceless :*