Issue with Nest

Prev1
So I ran into an issue while fighting nest today with my rebel squad.

In a situation of 5 v 1, Nest gets con stunned by my rebels and never (and I mean never) gets a turn because of all the TM Luke and Han put out. So she just keeps gaining protection and it never goes away and you can’t do enough damage to cut through it.

So even though I had 3 minutes left at that point and it was 5 on 1 I had to draw because she never got a turn for her bonus protection to expire.

This seems like a terrible mechanic if it’s WAI.

Anyone else seeing this. I’ve test this 3 times today and got the same result each time, and each time it was against a different team using Nest.

Replies

• I agree it’s a bit pants but the standard response is change your team- less tm more stun and buff immunity
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Hantal86 wrote: »
    I agree it’s a bit pants but the standard response is change your team- less tm more stun and buff immunity

Think you mean stun and/or daze. Buff Immunity doesn't stop the protection gain.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Teams that remove a bunch of tm are not ideal vs Nest, especially solo Nest. She has to take turns to lose her bonus protection. With your team you don’t want to save her for last. Remove her protection early and then hit her with a big damage special after she takes a turn and only has health.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    UlicQ wrote: »
    This seems like a terrible mechanic if it’s WAI.

Forcing us to use some strategy instead of mashing attack buttons does not a terrible mechanic make.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    My Hoda cant defeat c3p0 one on one...gotta nerf c3p0.....
  • So.. either A. Use a different team. Or B. Don't leave Nest until last, hit her once, let her take a turn, big hit, wash, rinse, repeat until dead.

I swear I just read this same exact thread a week ago..
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    You need to time your attacks with CLS / Han Solo. She’s very easy to kill with rebels
  • I agree it's a terrible design, but you can manage it pretty easily if you play it right. Learn from the mistake. Use some big shots on nest throughout the fight, and then KO her before she's the last one standing. Han's special and chewie's 2nd special are excellent options as they hit hard and stun, so no counter.
  • The best plan with Nest is to hit her with a high damage attack exactly once after each of her turns. That way, you should kill her before she’s the only one left. Or, if you want an easier option, swap one team member with Darth Nihilus and just annihilate her.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Nest was specifically designed to cause trouble for TM reduction squads. It's not a "bad mechanic," you're just using the exact team she was created to beat.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• So.. either A. Use a different team. Or B. Don't leave Nest until last, hit her once, let her take a turn, big hit, wash, rinse, repeat until dead.

I swear I just read this same exact thread a week ago..

I swear I read this same exact thread every day...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Sith Assasin can one shot a low health nest through protection. So can Embo once he has his contract.
  • Dont forget Visas can do her piercing strike, i find that it always hits hard and it ignores protection.

something to consider
  • Lethoiun wrote: »
    Dont forget Visas can do her piercing strike, i find that it always hits hard and it ignores protection.

something to consider

Oh nice call, i just played the odds and try to do as little damage as possible before i kill nest. But swapping visas in will make it way easier, even on the traya nests - though those are alot easier to kill nest before you kill everyone else.
  • A tm loop group complains that another character doesnt take a turn anymore - priceless :*
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    For the record, I’m not complaining about Nest not being able to take a turn. I’m saying it’s a **** game mechanic for her to benefit from the fact that she can’t take a turn, to the point that she can’t be defeated in a 5v1 scenario.
  • It sucks fighting her and she is awesome because of that mechanic.

I only ever attack her with 3 Toons. Hans special for the stun. Chewy for the stun. R2's basic if it looks like she might get a turn and gain health back. 3 hits with han and chewy spaced through the battle after her protection up goes away and she is dead.
  • Can we get a seperate section for nest vs rebels questions?
  • I run Cls, Han, Chewie, C3. The 5th spot I’ll run either Thrawn or Nest. But if opponent is using Nest I’ll use Nihilus instead. Easy.
  • I love Nest and the reactions she causes.
    Delicious >:)
  • Just use your basic abilities.

@JediMindTricks That doesn't actually help at all.

It does for me. Save her for last. When I was running the Traya meta I’d save her for last and eventually annilate her and now for the Revan meta I save her for last and work her down with basics.
  • Yes but you're using a leader whose kit has specific items geared towards beating Nest. Congratulations. Strategy removed.

It does for me. Save her for last. When I was running the Traya meta I’d save her for last and eventually annilate her and now for the Revan meta I save her for last and work her down with basics.

@JediMindTricks you aren’t using Rebels. The OP is. So, telling the OP to “just use your basics” is not helpful. Han and Luke just remove TM for 5 minutes, Nest doesn’t ever take a turn, and the match times out. No way to win like that.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Just use your basic abilities.

Not to rain or your parade or anyting, but why on earth would you only use basics vs nest with a traya team? Even if this thread wasn't specifically about rebels vs Nest it still seems like terrible advice.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • There is nothing wrong with Nest or her design. The issue, as stated above, is your strategy. You can't save her for last with that squad is all you need to know.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    There is nothing wrong with Nest or her design. The issue, as stated above, is your strategy. You can't save her for last with that squad is all you need to know.

Problem is that rebels kill the rest of the team without nest being able to take a turn =D
    Regardless of whether Nest is beatable or not, nest and zombi are by far the most annoying characters ingame. Obviously it's a player error if you get caught in a loop that causes you to time out, but it's annoying nonetheless.
    I for one wouldn't mind if the game steered away from WAI mechanics that have a likelyhood of ending in a time-out loop.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • @leef if the rebels kill the rest of the team before Nest gets a turn, then that is OF IMHO. You gotta kill her sooner.

I like strategy, but I hear you on the time-out loops. They can really suck.
  • @leef if the rebels kill the rest of the team before Nest gets a turn, then that is OF IMHO. You gotta kill her sooner.

I like strategy, but I hear you on the time-out loops. They can really suck.

Easier said then done. Even with only using basics against everyone but nest i often end up killing everyone with nest only taking one turn. Oh-well, i just have to not be lazy and change my lineup when i fight her.