Issue with Nest

2Next

Replies

• I feel that we should get a 'I didn't read Nest's toolkit and didn't give her a turn complaint' thread as a sticky.
    Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • Pentagon wrote: »
    I feel that we should get a 'I didn't read Nest's toolkit and didn't give her a turn complaint' thread as a sticky.

same for other toons like zombie, seriously, people don't even read and if you tell them to do it, they complain for that too...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    it seems to me you're both not reading what exactly it is the people are complaining about in this thread. Except for maybe that one guy suggestion buff immu, everyone commenting in this thread knows exactly how nest's mechanics work, but just don't like how they work.
    sure, there are alot of people who don't actually know how the mechanics work, but seeying as you're posting this in a thread where everyone does it seems to me you're both the ones complaining about something without reading.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    it seems to me you're both not reading what exactly it is the people are complaining about in this thread. Except for maybe that one guy suggestion buff immu, everyone commenting in this thread knows exactly how nest's mechanics work, but just don't like how they work.
    sure, there are alot of people who don't actually know how the mechanics work, but seeying as you're posting this in a thread where everyone does it seems to me you're both the ones complaining about something without reading.

The original poster doesn't actually ask a question. The OP demonstrates that they have read the toolkit, so my statement was somewhat hyperbole.My apologies.

However, the OP has acknowledged that they understand how Nest works, what their post seems to be saying is that they don't like that Nest benefits from turn meter reduction being used against her.

Considering that speed and speed mods are considered so vital for the game, I applaud that the Dev's are attempting to put characters in the game who defy the usual Speed + Turn Meter manipulation = win formula. It's frustrating realising that you've misplayed it and she's got you. However, she is vital for adding variety to what would otherwise be a fastest speed + powerful control aspects such as fracture and 'Use the Force' fest.

I am also somewhat unsure as to what this thread's purpose actually is? If the OP is stating that they understand the mechanics but don't like it, surely that would be better placed in the feedback section. If they are indeed asking for advise (which has indeed been given) the tone should reflect that.

Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • DuneFlint wrote: »
    @leef if the rebels kill the rest of the team before Nest gets a turn, then that is OF IMHO. You gotta kill her sooner.

I like strategy, but I hear you on the time-out loops. They can really suck.

Easier said then done. Even with only using basics against everyone but nest i often end up killing everyone with nest only taking one turn. Oh-well, i just have to not be lazy and change my lineup when i fight her.

This. Any character design that "encourages" you to intentionally either slow down your team or do less damage seems to run counter to the "paper zombie" fix (and thus counter to the "spirit of the game" that CG pointed out in said "fix"). It's not about her being the "perfect" counter to certain teams. She (like paper zombie) is just a cheese way of making inferior teams survivable against superior ones, by creating the possibility of time out loop (similar to the old paper zomb/acolyte).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

This. Any character design that "encourages" you to intentionally either slow down your team or do less damage seems to run counter to the "paper zombie" fix (and thus counter to the "spirit of the game" that CG pointed out in said "fix"). It's not about her being the "perfect" counter to certain teams. She (like paper zombie) is just a cheese way of making inferior teams survivable against superior ones, by creating the possibility of time out loop (similar to the old paper zomb/acolyte).

Not trying to troll, but seriously curious -

It seems like you're saying that you should be able to take one team, and one set of mods, and win the vast majority of the time against any and all opposing team compositions. The fact that Nest makes you adjust your strategy if you're running a TMR/mass assist team seems like a pretty good counter. I'd argue the cheese is Revan's ability to take her strength and turn it into a liability, making what used to be a losing proposition (flailing away endlessly at Nest) into an easy win (thanks max health reduction).
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    @leef if the rebels kill the rest of the team before Nest gets a turn, then that is OF IMHO. You gotta kill her sooner.

I like strategy, but I hear you on the time-out loops. They can really suck.

Easier said then done. Even with only using basics against everyone but nest i often end up killing everyone with nest only taking one turn. Oh-well, i just have to not be lazy and change my lineup when i fight her.

Zombie prevents certain teams from being able to beat NS because of the endless revives whether she’s made of paper or not and the fix didn’t change that.

Slowing down your team isn’t similar to paper zombie at all, it’s a different strategy that many people actually enjoy because they don’t want speed to be 100% king in all circumstances. There’s nothing wrong with there being mechanics that counter the mindless speed/tmr meta.