Zeta mats from ships.

I haven't had a single zeta mat drop from ship challenges since December 30th. That's 12 attemps made. Anyone else having that issue?

Replies

• jpierrard17
    172 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Yep happens quite often. Longest dry spell I've ever had was 7 weeks no zetas from challenges.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I just went through a six week dry spell....longest I've had by far but it happens
  • 6 weeks?! I guess two weeks isn't that bad. I was usually getting at least one mat every day it was available.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I am currently sitting at 0/16 for the last four ship challenges.
  • Those are just bonus drops. The real zeta mats come every other day from fleet store.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    What kittens said
  • HK22 wrote: »
    What ship challenges give zeta mats? I only know of one (the building mats one) and as far as I know you only get two sims per challenge (I don't have the zeta level unlocked yet). So for four challenges I would think you only get 8 attempts.

• papy72 wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »
    What ship challenges give zeta mats? I only know of one (the building mats one) and as far as I know you only get two sims per challenge (I don't have the zeta level unlocked yet). So for four challenges I would think you only get 8 attempts.

Top tier can give two zeta mats per attempt.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    The average drop rate for the top tier is slightly higher than 50% (1 zeta mat per 2 sims).
    The average drop rate for the second highest tier is about 33% (1 zeta mat per 3 sims).

(Yes, that's from a high number of tracked sims)
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I haven't seen that tracked data but the ~50% feels about right to me, I do probably average about 1 zeta mat per each of the three days.

I see people say they haven't gotten a single mat in 6 weeks and I'm highly skeptical.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm dubious about the assertion of a 50% drop rate. I'd say more like 30% but I don't have hard data either.

12 attempts with 0 drops is conceivable but rather unlucky.

6 weeks or 36 attempts without one would be exceedingly unlucky. Go and buy a lottery ticket today because you are overdue for some good fortune.
  • Recently, I went almost three weeks with 0 drops. Then i got 2, 1, 3, and then 2 on the next four events. Normally, I seem to get one per event.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    I'm dubious about the assertion of a 50% drop rate. I'd say more like 30% but I don't have hard data either.

I tracked 230 battles myself. A few months ago someone else posted his results from tracking about 150 battles. His results were similar to mine.

The chance of having 2 drop from the same battle is about 7-8% and the chance for having a single drop is slightly more than 40%.

• I got two today. I normally get 1-3, just hang in there. I have the bad luck on omega pieces. I do notice that as I approach the magic number the rng seems to slow down to where I get 1 or none per fight. Same with toon shards and gear. I think it's their algorithm, makes you consider money/crystal spending to get over that hump. It's strictly business.
  • I’m at 6 mats from the last 4 sims. Sorry I stole your RNG.
  • CarSickShoe
    199 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Honestly, my drop rates have been almost exactly the same between tier 3 and tier 4 so far. I have about double the sample size in Tier 3 though, so maybe tier 4 will slowly get better.

Tier 3 results
    cvbqc8ryrwif.png

Tier 4 results
    50schdjbmui2.png
  • The last tier adds the ship omegas iirc.