TB Blockade!

One of the cool things about guilds is competition. We compete for higher scores in each guild events, whether it's raids, tw or tb...

But one dull thing about TB is that once a territory as reached 3*, the missions and deployment features are blocked, meaning in higher GP guilds, some players are left over and can't make any score until P4...

Dont get me wrong there, I completely know that it won't change the Star count nor the rewards in the end. This would be purely for fun and competitive reasons that those missions and deployment features should be left unblocked for players that weren't there in the few first hours (or minutes) the phase started.

Replies

• I completely agree. Also this will help officers and Leaders know that the guild is active in these events. Instead it leaves us guessing if they are participating or not. It’s unrealistic to expect an entire guild to rush to their phones to beat other members to score before it reaches 3*
  • Lol, we tried to change the cap when it was implemented, but many folks cried about how m7ch “work” it is and how pointless it is to go past the three star number,

• Oh I know, We were not impressed with the cap, but, the criers got what they wanted
  • @dominiQC

We (used to) block all deployment until combat missions were at 50/50. Then we introduced cutoffs so some deployment was possible, but there was always enough room left for all combats to come in.

Then the competition became combat waves completed - the only meaningful competition there is in TB.

There were problems:-
    - ship zones, especially early ones, have points thresholds that are far too low. We hit 3* on these off <30 combats and no deployment at all
    - DS phase 1, bottom zone. For some reason this one hits 3* at around 47 combats, no deployment
    - A handful of guild members seemed to “accidentally” fail to follow rules, and these “accidents” always seemed to push them up the TP table.

However, many guild members lobbied for a change. So from now on phases 1-3 see deployment free-for-all open after 14 hours. If people haven’t hit the combats in that time, they won’t be hounded to do so as we don’t really need them to. Phases 4-6 remain as described above, with 50/50 required on all missions and deployment carefully managed.

In the old days, when you could still hit combats and deploy after 3*, the TP table should have been a perfect copy of the guild’s GP list in descending order. Any differences were down to either not participating or combat performance. So the only real measure that members should care about has always been combat mission waves completed.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    If competition in TB is important for your guild, you could just block deployment for the first 12 hours of each phase. Players, for whom it's important, then have plenty of time to do their combat missions. This way the guild members can at least compete in completing as many waves as possible in combat missions. Competing on who deploys more, is just like competing on who has the larger GP roster. You can just look this up on swgoh.gg. You don't need TB for this.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    dominiQC wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    If competition in TB is important for your guild, you could just block deployment for the first 12 hours of each phase. Players, for whom it's important, then have plenty of time to do their combat missions. This way the guild members can at least compete in completing as many waves as possible in combat missions. Competing on who deploys more, is just like competing on who has the larger GP roster. You can just look this up on swgoh.gg. You don't need TB for this.

It's only fun for a couple of us that like to compete against each other. We started playing at the same time, very similar roster and GP. Can't block deployment for 12 hours cuz it wouldn't fit the whole guild. Thanks for the suggestion though

That's how we do it in my main guild. In my alt's guild we don't have such rule, but everybody fires away. Both ways of doing it fit well with each guild. I just thought I'd suggest it :-)
  • The

It's only fun for a couple of us that like to compete against each other. We started playing at the same time, very similar roster and GP. Can't block deployment for 12 hours cuz it wouldn't fit the whole guild. Thanks for the suggestion though

The competition is simple then: most combat waves completed.

• dominiQC wrote: »
    The

The competition is simple then: most combat waves completed.

But we can't complete any waves once the territory is 3 starred. It doesn't work that way, only special missions remain opened...

c6uicqlvfnv0.jpg
    You need your officers to control deployment better then. Read above, I described how we do it.