Aren’t we missing something? (The Road Ahead)

13Next

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    No one said they dont know what they are doing, it's more that people who do communicate these things can't always just say things.

Crumb literally wrote that they don't know what they're going to release this quarter yet and they won't know for several weeks.
    Now that we are back from break we working to finish clarifying what will make it into this quarter and show you all the exciting things that are coming down the pipeline. We don’t have a hard timeline for when this will go live but there will be more info in the next couple weeks.

No one said they don't know what they're doing. I said they don't know what they're releasing. It may not be done yet. They may not have all of the approvals yet. It doesn't matter. If they aren't going to know until halfway through this quarter, they should be targeting next quarter instead. Then, instead of looking like a bunch of chumps who can't get it together long enough to put out a monthly calendar on time, they look like rockstars for timely communication.

As we are seeing from the response to the update, they would have to have a road ahead with dates on all events for the quarter with all required toons and everything laid out to even be close to looking like a high school garbage band, never mind rock stars.

But yes, sorry you didnt say they don't know what they are doing. My bad.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    Tvf does it for free🤪

Hahaha. Cheaper that way. Lol
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Well, Carrie said the last Road Ahead was delayed because of Jedi Knight Revan and they wanted the focus to be on him. Likewise, if they did the Road Ahead this Monday, everyone will forget about the Falcon, save money and focus on the next big game changing toon that is coming in Feb or whatever else they have planned. People will prioritize arena toons over ships afterall.
  • I don't know anyone who is stressing about getting 7* Falcon this time around. I've been farming the Bounty Hunter ships since they hit the tables, but I prioritized HT and XB because they are much better ships. I'll easily get a 5* Falcon, and maybe a 6* if I get better drops on IG-2000 than I have this past week, but it isn't worth the money to try for 7*.

It's easy to guess that another Old Republic legendary is coming in February, probably Darth Revan, and that he'll be the next big game changing toon. I'm already focused more on that than the Falcon.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Well, Carrie said the last Road Ahead was delayed because of Jedi Knight Revan and they wanted the focus to be on him. Likewise, if they did the Road Ahead this Monday, everyone will forget about the Falcon, save money and focus on the next big game changing toon that is coming in Feb or whatever else they have planned. People will prioritize arena toons over ships afterall.

The RA wasn’t delayed because they “wanted the focus to be on JKR”, it was because the release was an unforeseen clusterfudge and they had to scramble to save some sort of face. Having a RA can’t take focus away from good content, it could take it away from poor content if that’s what you’re insinuating.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

The RA wasn’t delayed because they “wanted the focus to be on JKR”, it was because the release was an unforeseen clusterfudge and they had to scramble to save some sort of face. Having a RA can’t take focus away from good content, it could take it away from poor content if that’s what you’re insinuating.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1691892#Comment_1691892

That's literally what she said. It was one of the reasons for delay. We are in the same situation (Falcon is arriving middle of the month... the focus of everything after the holidays). You can interpret it however you want but my opinion is that they are intentionally delaying the road ahead and not in a rush to get it done anytime soon. Not because they are incompetent but because its a good marketing strategy (according to CG)
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    I don't know why people freak out over The Road Ahead anyway. The content comes at the same time regardless of when they give us a sneak peak about it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    I don't know why people freak out over The Road Ahead anyway. The content comes at the same time regardless of when they give us a sneak peak about it.

So lets look at it closer.

I tell you im going to try to talk to you more and let you know more information about something you want.

I then spend a few months giving you monthly updates and every 3, i drop a big load of info to get you excited.

You are happy with that. Its great, finally im hearing you and interacting with you.

Now, after 7 months i start making bad decisions and when you ask about it, i stay quiet. Suddenly that monthly delivery of info is late... sometimes you find out the information for the month before i give it to you. Then that big drop of information is late.

I stay quiet for 2 weeks and you hear from a guy i know named kyno that its coming but nothing from me. Then when i finally do say something i tell you soon ill be giving you info about when the info is coming.

After a month, i deliver information you already knew by that point and are underwhelmed by....

All this happens and im still late with my monthly deliverable. I know that quarterly drop is coming soon... but i go on holiday and when i get back i wait 2 weeks to tell you yep im going to miss it again. I blame holidays and tell you soon ill give more info about when it will come.

Would you be annoyed with me or would you think its no biggie?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    It chroad chahead ppl get it right
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    No.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    No.

Then you are among the few customers that would feel that way.

Most will expect the service they recieved in the past to continue and will be upset when it doesnt.

Thats just customer service 101.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    No.

Most will expect the service they recieved in the past to continue and will be upset when it doesnt.

I was responding to the post directly above mine. Maybe don't try so hard to disagree with me automatically.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    CG has only had one previous 1st quarter Road Ahead blog since they started doing them. That was on February 8th, last year. So there's your benchmark.
    I know we're all excited about new, upcoming content, but the Road Ahead blog is just a blog, not actual content itself, and it will be here when it's ready.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    CG has only had one previous 1st quarter Road Ahead blog since they started doing them. That was on February 8th, last year. So there's your benchmark.
    I know we're all excited about new, upcoming content, but the Road Ahead blog is just a blog, not actual content itself, and it will be here when it's ready.

April set the mark april achieved it. October failed. January failed. Thats 50%. I get you want to say april doesnt count but it fit the cadence that it contained.

50% success is also 50% failure. Its not good. And if you want to not count it then 66% fail rate is the current score.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    No.

I was responding to the post directly above mine. Maybe don't try so hard to disagree with me automatically.

So you agree then?
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    No.

So you agree then?

I've posted plenty in this thread. If you actually care what I think you can go back and look.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    rtt: here's what the last, amazing, oh-so-desired and what oh what will we do if it is delayed RA had:

GA, coming, um, in steps, so...soonish?
    Revan's pals, announced, coming sometime later, we'll let you know
    time zone changes omagerd!
    and happy anni!
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/187131/the-road-ahead-11-09-2018

I mean, I'm trying to get upset on how CG is really screwing us over by not telling us "Stuff's coming, we'll let you know when it does" but..........
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Pyrefly wrote: »

April set the mark april achieved it. October failed. January failed. Thats 50%. I get you want to say april doesnt count but it fit the cadence that it contained.

50% success is also 50% failure. Its not good. And if you want to not count it then 66% fail rate is the current score.

So you are saying 1 success and 2 failures = 50% success rate?
  • Does the road ahead= the will to live?
    Hopefully Metallica doesn't sue me.