Sudden rank drop???

LoTEK
101 posts Member
Spent the last two months fighting tooth and nail from rank 200 to a steady rank 30 - 60. Sometime last week I went to bed at rank 36, forgot to use my last two battles before work and at 6pm was awarded rank 160!?!

Been fighting my way back ever since. Finishing around rank 70 - 120 last few days.

Thought it was just crap luck, but I read here something about the arena servers or "shards" being merged? Any official word on that? Or was it just national Pick On LoTEK Day?

Replies

• RonTom
    268 posts Member
    Options
    I know the developers have stated that no merges have been made, but I had the same thing happen these last couple of days. I've finished top ten most days the last couple of months, but lately I've been dropping from as high as #1 to #70 over the night. Maybe it's just that alot of people, especially FTP, now has full 7* teams and lvl 70. (Playing on an early December shard)
  • Options
    I believe that it is mainly that the servers are seeing more players hit maximum level and/or stars on a lot of these characters, especially the harder to farm ones. The statements on merges are getting older every day, so it is not unreasonable to assume that it may happen eventually, however I think we're still a ways out from that.
    To the Op, if your team has stagnated (maybe you farmed Yoda, maybe you just like a certain lineup) it is very possible that you got unluckily targeted. It's very easy for the top 50-100 to run similar or comparable teams and therefore to dogpile on any perceived weak team. Not that I'm calling anyone weak, just that if you are countered by the meta this can go into a tailspin fast.
  • LoTEK
    101 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for responding. What you both said makes sense. I'm days away from maxing my arena team and have been working on a new one in the back ground. I figured my setup, which is super cookie cutter, would be obsolete soon and have been planning for it. Guess it just surprised me how sudden that came into effect.
  • Options
    With everyone using QGJ, running a tank is dangerous given his special ability. Turns the tides pretty quick. Tanks - good for offense, bad for defense. The meta seems to be going towards a tankless team, or at least a tank that doesn't taunt.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    What in the blue hells happened? I went from 200 to 590 in less than 12hrs. I've never dropped more than 100-150 before so this is unprecedented and highly disconcerting.
  • Options
    Amish_Ace wrote: »
    With everyone using QGJ, running a tank is dangerous given his special ability. Turns the tides pretty quick. Tanks - good for offense, bad for defense. The meta seems to be going towards a tankless team, or at least a tank that doesn't taunt.

I disagree. I use Han and regularly am in the top 20.
  • Kalo
    123 posts Member
    Options
    Han is a little different. If he gets his taunt off he did his job with the TM manipulation. He provides even more TM work when QGJ hits him.
  • Options
    Kalo wrote: »
    Han is a little different. If he gets his taunt off he did his job with the TM manipulation. He provides even more TM work when QGJ hits him.

Exactly. If I get to Han's turn w/o any other character being 1-shotted, I know I'm going to win.
  • Options
    LoTEK wrote: »
    Spent the last two months fighting tooth and nail from rank 200 to a steady rank 30 - 60. Sometime last week I went to bed at rank 36, forgot to use my last two battles before work and at 6pm was awarded rank 160!?!

Been fighting my way back ever since. Finishing around rank 70 - 120 last few days.

Thought it was just crap luck, but I read here something about the arena servers or "shards" being merged? Any official word on that? Or was it just national Pick On LoTEK Day?

I've been going from 25th to 202! I'm not kidding. Part of it is my low exp turn meter squad being a target, but that's ridiculous. It's calmed down over the past 48hrs
  • Wibble
    78 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I've noticed that several of the top 40 players have upped their squad a little bit, brought in someone they've been farming over a long time, that sort of thing. New people are also arriving in the top 40, so there are two waves:

1. people getting to level 70, 7 stars
    2. people who had already done that, but are now bringing in their specially farmed toons that up their synergy.

I'm neither: I'm the schlemiel who derailed his arena team farming to try for Yoda (and hasn't even got him yet). But I still manage the top ten with a crystal refill more often than not.
  • Options
    There had to have been a merge or something more than just "players getting better all at the same time". I as well went from 30-50 to 180's overnight
  • Options
    I think it can depend on when you play. I do Arena in the morning GMT but by the time rewards are paid I've dropped almost 100 places and down a tier. I don't do extra refresh battles.

I think it pays to do Arena near the payout time.
  • JediGhost
    8 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I sTay in the # 1-5 spot and win the tournament 98% of the time . I see new ones sometimes sneak in the top 10 here and there but not much of a difference for me in my PvP
  • Options
    They've been merging servers. That's my suspicion. There's a guy who was never in the top 200 (as I check the leaderboard daily) called Ghost03 that suddenly appeared at rank 3 earlier today. He can't have been in our server before, surely. There are countless new names in our top 200, especially the top 30 or so, and as a result people have been dropping much more than usual. I want an explanation. EA / CG, come on then, what have you been hiding. Spill the beans...
  • LoTEK
    101 posts Member
    Options
    Gavon1074 wrote: »
    I think it can depend on when you play. I do Arena in the morning GMT but by the time rewards are paid I've dropped almost 100 places and down a tier. I don't do extra refresh battles.

I think it pays to do Arena near the payout time.

I usually fight my first 3 after midnight. To get a head start on the day and the daily rewards cleared. Then I try to get the last two in between 5 & 6pm, if work isn't too busy, to regain some of the lost ground from folk sniping the payout time.

Usually works well for me, but gets frustraiting when the bar is to busy to walk away from and I just have to throw the last two fights away.

And I never use crystal refills. Crystals are for energy refills only.
  • Options
    Much more rivalry on our server, too. A lot of new names in top 20 out of nowhere. But funny to see: the "old" top ten players do not harm each other during the day (of course in the last ten minutes ), just giving lessons to the rude new ones shaking heavily on our slap in the face tree
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra