Lvl 79 Future Progression Advice

Cryotenk
1 posts Member
edited January 2019
I want to hear people's opinions on my progression. Should I go for this or focus on that, gear this toon more and my mods (Im not familiar with mods at all but I'm learning slowly)

Here's my profile https://swgoh.gg/p/581162578/

I just reached lvl79 yesterday and want to reach 80 to unlock daily activities to get omega mats.

1. My phoenix team. All 7*, Chopper/Hera/Ezra at G9 and Kanan/Zeb at G8. Do I need to upgrade Kanan/Zeb to G9 or should I goto G10 with Chopper/Hera/Ezra? I want to be ready next time Palp/Thrawn come so I can unlock both at 7*. Please analyze my mods, I will take criticism lol.

2. So after Palp/Thrawn is R2D2 but once I unlock Palp/Thrawn at 7*. I have Tarkin 5*, Vader close to 6*. I want to farm TFP but he's only in 1 cantina farming node and I'm using all my cantina energy to farm 3F for KRU and his ship right now. Should I farm Royal Guard since he's at 4* and he's available at Light side 1D and Hard side 5F?

3. Credit Heist. I forgot which level I'm currently doing. Boba is 84/100 (almost at 7*) and STH at 6*, Cad Bane at 5*, CW Chewie 3* and IG88 at 3*. What should I focus on to be able to beat highest tier? What level is highest tier unlocked?

4. Ships. How am I doing? I'm working on getting 5 4* dark ships to unlock Executrix to 5* and then 8 5* ships to do zeta ability farming.

5. Arena Team. I have to phase out from Phoenix. What team should go for to try to improve my ranking?

6. Is there a rush to level to 85? BTW I refresh normal energy for 50 crystals only. No other refreshes elsewhere. Should I refresh normal energy for 100 crystals too?

Thank you for taking the time to look and give your input.
Post edited by Cryotenk on

Replies

• Options
    Get to 85 as fast as you can. Refresh energy 3X daily to achieve this, should be fast.
    Work the BH to do highest credit heist tier you can.
    Look at your #1 - #10 arena, who is running which team? Copy that team if you can.
    Farm mods, find speed in them.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Erm, I meant scoundrels for credit heist.
    Work your ships, look at who is top 10 in your fleet arena and work those ships and,
    importantly, the pilots.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1233 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Re 1.: I think your Phoenix team looks good enough to 7-star Palp and Thrawn. If you want to play it safe, you could get Kanan to g9, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary.

2. I think you should stick with KRU until he's at 5 or 6 stars at least. You're already doing quite well in fleet, and aside from a 5* Executrix, a less squishy TIE Silencer is currently your best shot at higher ranks and more daily crystals. I'd use the lion's share of ship building materials and ability mats on his Silencer. He can do enormous damage once you have his attacks up to lvl 5 or higher. Plus, you might get lucky and get a bunch of TFP shards from Bronziums.

As for Royal Guard, you'll get plenty of his shards from Bronziums too. If you need an Empire tank, I'd rather get the Stormtrooper from the Cantina Battles Store until you can farm Shoretrooper. But for R2-D2 or an Empire arena team, you don't really need a tank between Palpatine's stuns and Thrawn's Fracture. I'd rather opt for more damage & turn meter.
    You could fill up the squad with Snowtrooper, who also drops a lot from Bronziums and gains TM for the entire team with each kill. That way you're ready for R2 even if you don't finish your TFP in time, and you're also prepared for the Endor assault battle, where Snow is invaluable (lots of squishy Ewoks to one-shot = massive TM gains from Snow's passive).

3. CW Chewie is useless at higher levels. Don't invest more in him than you need to. Boba can pretty much finish Credit Heist on his own if you manage at least one kill after each revive to get BHs Resolve back. And since you also use him as a pilot, I'd mainly focus on his gear.
    As for your other scoundrels, ST Han is necessary to unlock CLS, and Cad will be useful in Fleet and to unlock Chewie, so any gear on them isn't wasted either. IG-88 and his ship are required for the OT Millennium Falcon, but I wouldn't focus too much on him at this point.

4. You're already doing quite well in Fleet. I'd use KRU in your initial lineup and Phantom II as a reinforcement. Opening with KRU before slapping Ghost's Static Jammer on him can take out one ship right at the start and leaves Biggs to take the damage even when he doesn't have taunt.
    Aside from that, I noticed you have some 4-dot mods on your Phoenix team. I know arrow mods with speed primary are rare, but it helps with your ship stats when all mods on pilots have 5 dots and level

5. Empire seems like the best choice for a post-Phoenix arena team with your roster.

6. There definitely is a rush to level 82-84, when you can zeta abilities. Every zeta gives you a considerable advantage in arena. But I wouldn't refresh LS / DS energy for 100 crystals. That's better spent on Cantina energy or mod farming.
  • Options
    Thanks DaarthBrewer and Darth_DeVito

I will rush to 85 and check top ranked arena players.

Re 1.: I think your Phoenix team looks good enough to 7-star Palp and Thrawn. If you want to play it safe, you could get Kanan to g9, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary.

2. I think you should stick with KRU until he's at 5 or 6 stars at least. You're already doing quite well in fleet, and aside from a 5* Executrix, a less squishy TIE Silencer is currently your best shot at higher ranks and more daily crystals. I'd use the lion's share of ship building materials and ability mats on his Silencer. He can do enormous damage once you have his attacks up to lvl 5 or higher. Plus, you might get lucky and get a bunch of TFP shards from Bronziums.

As for Royal Guard, you'll get plenty of his shards from Bronziums too. If you need an Empire tank, I'd rather get the Stormtrooper from the Cantina Battles Store until you can farm Shoretrooper. But for R2-D2 or an Empire arena team, you don't really need a tank between Palpatine's stuns and Thrawn's Fracture. I'd rather opt for more damage & turn meter.
    You could fill up the squad with Snowtrooper, who also drops a lot from Bronziums and gains TM for the entire team with each kill. That way you're ready for R2 even if you don't finish your TFP in time, and you're also prepared for the Endor assault battle, where Snow is invaluable (lots of squishy Ewoks to one-shot = massive TM gains from Snow's passive).

3. CW Chewie is useless at higher levels. Don't invest more in him than you need to. Boba can pretty much finish Credit Heist on his own if you manage at least one kill after each revive to get BHs Resolve back. And since you also use him as a pilot, I'd mainly focus on his gear.
    As for your other scoundrels, ST Han is necessary to unlock CLS, and Cad will be useful in Fleet and to unlock Chewie, so any gear on them isn't wasted either. IG-88 and his ship are required for the OT Millennium Falcon, but I wouldn't focus too much on him at this point.

4. You're already doing quite well in Fleet. I'd use KRU in your initial lineup and Phantom II as a reinforcement. Opening with KRU before slapping Ghost's Static Jammer on him can take out one ship right at the start and leaves Biggs to take the damage even when he doesn't have taunt.
    Aside from that, I noticed you have some 4-dot mods on your Phoenix team. I know arrow mods with speed primary are rare, but it helps with your ship stats when all mods on pilots have 5 dots and level

5. Empire seems like the best choice for a post-Phoenix arena team with your roster.

6. There definitely is a rush to level 82-84, when you can zeta abilities. Every zeta gives you a considerable advantage in arena. But I wouldn't refresh LS / DS energy for 100 crystals. That's better spent on Cantina energy or mod farming.

1. I will keep it there and try Palp/Thrawn event as is and see if I can complete it.

2. I'm currently upgrading KRU's ship abilities. Ah never thought about snowtrooper.

3. Yep, I plan on keep upgrading Boba till max. Am going to max out STHan to 7*. I'm thinking of farming Greedo from squad arena store, is he worth it for credit heist?

4. Thanks for the tip. Dang just not enough credits to fully invest in good mods yet but I will try slowly.

5. Hm.. Empire. I guess I'll be running my Phoenix in arena for a bit longer.

6. Ok thanks.

• Options
    Greedo is a great BH, deals a ton of damage, and is very useful for chewy under a bossk lead. But 7* tarkin is probably a higher priority.

I'm going to disagree with kru vs tfp. As soon as you get EP/thrawn, you should switch to empire, and you need 7 star r2d2 to get CLS. You won't 7* snow trooper or royal guard or anyone from bronzium for a while. So while kru and his ship are great, tfp is the most common 5th until you get Nihilus and Sion. So I'd switch gears and farm him til you get him in line with your other empire members.
  • Options
    Plus tfp has a badass ship so that should be more important than kru and his ship.... don't farm royal guard and stormtrooper can wait until u decide to build an imperial trooper team which will be a long **** time if u go for a meta till the end .... switch to ep(L), thrawn, tfp, vader, tarkin.... then choose ur meta.... which will be either rebels(in this case farm the chars for cls, farm bh and their ships(awesome bonus) and ewoks!!!) or sith (u need traya guild for that 😒) or jedi (start farming chars needed for revan and dont gear ep in this case)
  • Killerincho
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    My Empire team is Vader, Trawn, Tarkin, Palp and TFP. It's not my arena team but it is almost free team except for TFP. TFP is a great toon and have a great ship. Tons of dmg and target locks :) No need for Guard or troopers etc. You should put some more gear on your Phoenix squad coz Palp is easy but Trawn will kick you really bad. I mean last tier. I had Hera G10, Kanan G9, Ezra G10, Zeb G8 and Chopper G9 with a lot better mods then yours and i still had to do it 4-5 times before i won. All their abilities should be at max level. No zetas ofc. So gear up a little bit more coz Trawn is a very good toon that works with almost every team in the game. Btw put more protection and potency on Zeb and some more speed. He is kinda useless atm. Cross mod with potency and protection gonna help a lot ;)
  • Options
    No zetas ofc.

Except maybe on Ezra if you plan on using him in a Jedi team for a long time to come.
  • Options
    I zeta'd mine coz my main team is a jedi team, yeah :)
  • President_Palpatine
    99 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Just curios, how bad are the people in your shard, cuz I’m facing gear twelve all zeta cls and Bastila teams while I’m in the four hundreds
    My profile: https://swgoh.gg/p/514121224/
  • Options
    I am facing g12 all zeta Empire and Bastila teams in my shard. We have some Revan teams and some BH teams.