Pointless rebels

Kimling
6 posts Member
edited January 2019
x4ho2uydm7i9.jpg

I know Nihilus has protection, but is this even possible? Phase one of Tier VI.

Replies

• This is phase one of Tier VI
  • Many basic attacks = many defense down debuffs = a lot of protection for Nihilus = no damage to his health
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Leave CLS out of Call to Action. He gets a tenacity boost when not in it and will basically never have defence down. Instantly more damage. His leadership is kind of bad for P1, all the counters will just add defence down to whoever attacked.
  • Except the Magmatrooper with a good set of tenacity and the leadership of the GAT, any character that makes multiple attacks do not lend to attack the DN, Leia is by far the worst character p1. You can try to make up for that by using the leadership of Luke Farmboy.
  • I run Wedge (L), Biggs, CLS, Raid Han, and Chirrut in Tier VI P1, modded for crit chance and crit damage; they'll do around 800-900k damage total. I find Wedge lead way better because of the health recovery, and his AOE is handy against DN's minions.

I miss the damage they'd do in Tier V, but they're on average still my third-best team for P1, after JTR Resistance and Bastila Jedi.
    Guild Leader of CHAL | Member of the WWL Alliance
  • Running First Order in our Guild's first T6 and I'm pulling in about 3.1-3.4 million in P1. Much higher than I thought, and better than any of my other teams I can throw in.
  • Score seems to be pretty low, even for this team. A G12 Han alone can shred nihilus defense away with a single attack on that tier.

You could try to use hoth leia as lead and remove old ben. If you add enough tenacity you can use nihilus debuffs to your advantage. Another option is to replace old ben with chirrut. His HoT buffs are useful and Nihilus can't copy them, but more important is his tenacity buff.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    This is why you pretty much need to be running JTR, Embo-lead bounty hunters, or Bastila/GMY-lead Jedi to do any damage to him in T6 and heroic. The protection drain becomes really difficult to resist, so you need to either do colossal damage to overwhelm it (Expose spam via JTR or %prot damage with Embo), or have massive tenacity boosts (Jedi).

That said, it does seem like at least some damage should be getting through with this team, between Han doing a ton of damage and Chewie having %HP attached to all his attacks. I guess the counters from CLS lead are just feeding Nihilus too much protection.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    This is why you pretty much need to be running JTR, Embo-lead bounty hunters, or Bastila/GMY-lead Jedi to do any damage to him in T6 and heroic. The protection drain becomes really difficult to resist, so you need to either do colossal damage to overwhelm it (Expose spam via JTR or %prot damage with Embo), or have massive tenacity boosts (Jedi).

That said, it does seem like at least some damage should be getting through with this team, between Han doing a ton of damage and Chewie having %HP attached to all his attacks. I guess the counters from CLS lead are just feeding Nihilus too much protection.

They're most likely all modded "normal", so no tenacity going on. All the basic attacks with the defense down debuffs are giving Nihilus more protection than he's doing damage. Also this protection generation should not be underestimated, it soaks up a lot of damage.

In my "MagChewmarr" run you can see that I barely got a defense down on my Magma/Chewie and if so it got cleansed by Visas pretty quickly. Yet it soaked up ~940k damage (need even better tenacity mods).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzDAhb2TOrA&t=3s
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    Agree that Leia is an awful choice, because her only damage attack is basic. Chewie's assists are all basic.

At least run R2 so they can cleanse themselves. Or Chirrut for cleanse/Tenacity Up.