Why is everyone using Zarris with GK?

So, I'm thinking of finally giving zeta to Barris for the Grand Arena. I'l probably put her in a Rex Wampa team. I just don't get why is everybody using her with GK when imho he is basicaly the worst thing you can put in the team, since he prevents enemies from scoring critical hits. I get that the mass assist from her healing ability is cool but besides that, what am I missing?

Replies

• Heals on crits and cleanses a random ally each turn are a couple popular reasons , plus her heal, goes around heal immunity because it’s an equalizer versus a regular heal.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The key to that combo is GK being lead. He gets defensive bonus, max health boost and her healing on crit helps make him very tanky.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    you have GK and Zarris on a team.

non-GK member of your team takes a crit. They are instantly healed 20% of their max health, gain crit immunity so it's harder to keep bursting them, and GK taunts. It works cuz both Zarris and GK tr

it was a super hard combo to get around. Not so much nowadays, but still considerable in GA/TW.
  • Heals on crits and cleanses a random ally each turn are a couple popular reasons , plus her heal, goes around heal immunity because it’s an equalizer versus a regular heal.

Well that's what the Barris zeta does and it's awesome, no doubt, but having GK on the team prevents the healing from crits because of the crit immunity from GK unique.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Example of crit immunity not working w/ Zarris- shoretrooper.

Shoretrooper makes the entire team crit immune, and then nobody can benefit off the heal
  • Same thing happens when you fracture/isolate GK. Although you probably want to use Thrawn to counter some other team in GA.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Heals on crits and cleanses a random ally each turn are a couple popular reasons , plus her heal, goes around heal immunity because it’s an equalizer versus a regular heal.

Well that's what the Barris zeta does and it's awesome, no doubt, but having GK on the team prevents the healing from crits because of the crit immunity from GK unique.

But they only get that when his taunt goes up, and he doesnt get crit immunity.
  • That's not true. GK doesn't taunt if fractured or under buff immunity debuff but the allies still gain the crit immunity. As it is said in his kit: "Whenever another ally is Critically Hit, if General Kenobi is alive, they gain Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn and General Kenobi gains Taunt for 1 turn."
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    That's not true. GK doesn't taunt if fractured or under buff immunity debuff but the allies still gain the crit immunity. As it is said in his kit: "Whenever another ally is Critically Hit, if General Kenobi is alive, they gain Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn and General Kenobi gains Taunt for 1 turn."

That’s because Kenobi isn’t good in arena as a leader anymore, mainly because of Traya and thrawn. But back in the day he used to be the team to use in arena. Almost everyone used him. So even though he’s not good in arena, him and Zarris with fives are an awesome defensive 3v3 team in GA.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    That's not true. GK doesn't taunt if fractured or under buff immunity debuff but the allies still gain the crit immunity. As it is said in his kit: "Whenever another ally is Critically Hit, if General Kenobi is alive, they gain Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn and General Kenobi gains Taunt for 1 turn."

Yes, this is one way to counter this team. It can be hard to maintain though , they have a lot of cleansing. It's not an invulnerable combo, but it was tough to get around for a while, and still has its merits.
  • That's not true. GK doesn't taunt if fractured or under buff immunity debuff but the allies still gain the crit immunity. As it is said in his kit: "Whenever another ally is Critically Hit, if General Kenobi is alive, they gain Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn and General Kenobi gains Taunt for 1 turn."

In GA, if my GK-Zarriss team makes you use your Thrawn, I’ve probably already won.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

In GA, if my GK-Zarriss team makes you use your Thrawn, I’ve probably already won.

Very true.
  • Yeah I remember it was hard when I didn't have Thrawn ready, I just thought using another tank with no crit immunity (Old Ben perhaps) could be even better. And I still think it would be a good team. Also pure for GA purposes, I'd like to leave GK for my Bastilla jedi team.
    Anyway, thanks to everyone for the answers I sought.
  • You seem to be focusing solely on the crit immunity aspect and neglecting other parts of the kits that make it work. The +30% max health from the lead combined with the 20% heal on crit is another big part of the synergy.

Also, GK doesn’t give himself crit immunity. So unless you’ve got a plan to specifically deal with GKs taunt (Thrawn maybe), whenever you crit someone, they heal, and then you’re going to be bashing against a constantly healing GK taunt wall. It makes it difficult to focus down characters.
  • GK makes Zarriss more tanky, Zarriss makes GK more tanky, and both typically have to be taken out before dealing with the other 3 on the squad.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Necro
  • Daishi wrote: »
    Necro

Newer than I thought it would be when I saw the title.