Have you ever heard of the tragedy of Darth Traya the wise?

2Next

Replies

• I run CLS lead, and I can beat any Traya squad...

...unless, that is, they run a really fast Thrawn or a Sith Trooper. Emo Bastilla might work if she’s fast and potent enough, too. Any Traya squad that disrupts my turn order and stuns characters to give Traya enough time to really get going has a good chance.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    So since we all seem to be missing your point, let's look at the big picture. Where is Traya in the top 10?

tjkelu0jy3nj.png

After 2 new legendaries (which took building 10 toons to high end gear on panic farm) reinforcing his team, Cls doesn't do much good holding on defense either. As far as I can see, only Revan does...to a degree. And meta reports says there's no 4th team following these 3.
  • I switched from Traya to CLS a while back and never looked back. I always target Traya teams regardless of mods or gp since they are such easy wins. Ironically a key toon in that team is raid han, reward from the oldest and esiest raid who got his rework BEFORE Traya was even released.

Part of the problem is perhaps that GK is more plug and play and was (and still is in the right team) therefore viable for a longer period. RHan has been great in a rebel team since his rework and zeta, but only became meta again when they released OGchewie.
  • Darth Revan will come eventually then sith will be top dogs again. I really like their method of introducing new toons, like chewbacca and c3po, to make older characters that were great, great again. Like CLS. Even his zeta lead ability finally came into it's own recently with these new toons.
  • Lol JT-Rey will be happy to wipe those tears Traya, lol
  • I predicted this would happen about 8 months ago lol. Don't worry, just try to damage control for now.

Do you have/plan on running c3p0 +chew+rebels? If yes, get some modding advice from someone and run them.
    If not, is your traya 7*? If not, you are in for some trouble.

Anyway, revan and cls teams *can* lose to traya teams. As long as they play horribly or are severly outmodded. Replace SiT with bast fallen.

Before handing any other advice, show me your swgoh.gg. And don't blame others, its bad design on CG's part. Those who support it are... well the ones who support CG despite everything, so ignore them.
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member
    I run CLS lead, and I can beat any Traya squad...

...unless, that is, they run a really fast Thrawn or a Sith Trooper. Emo Bastilla might work if she’s fast and potent enough, too. Any Traya squad that disrupts my turn order and stuns characters to give Traya enough time to really get going has a good chance.

Lol, so you can't beat any Traya then?

None of these are a problem for CLS.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @OP and a few of you posters here,

You guys are really missing the big picture here. I can understand that you spent months unlocking your shiny new pixelated prize and then BOOM, Revan and C3P0 pop up and steal her thunder. What you guys need to understand is this, one character can't rule them all! Traya had her time in the sun, in fact go on youtube and watch any gamechangers top 15 character list starting with the release of CLS up until now and you'll see just how far CLS, R2, Han, GK, JTR etc fall after the release of new characters, this is because of the META. I don't care if Traya cost 1,999$ and 2 years of farming to obtain, if she was this unbeatable goddess you all seem to want her to be then this game would turn god awfully stale. Not to mention EVERYONE would run Traya and you'd STILL DROP TO 90.

Seriously though Revan is really the only defense that really holds and that has a lot to do with the retardedness of that mirror match. Plus over 90% of Revan players paid for him, and next month when the newest sith is released/updated the forums will be flooded with how unfair and OP Traya and sith are.
  • insert a good nest in your line up for defence and a lot of cls go on other traya
  • she's literally the worst of all 3 raid reward characters

ok
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    She's worse than CUP and only a bit better than Ugnaught.
  • “I can beat every team on my shard on offence”

“It sucks that anyone else can beat my Traya team”

Kinda hard to see how to satisfy the OP when these are his standpoints.

• Naraic wrote: »
    ykq5ph4t5whz.jpg
    In the absence of the op sharing his swgoh.gg I'll will share this post of his and assume he doesn't have the mods to compete.

My shard is 14 month old and I've made a big effort farming mods while being mostly f2p. I take rank 1 dailly with a traya team. I've 9 mods 20 speed or higher. From this post it seems like the op has 3.

My mods aren't the best in my shard but they are good enough that I hold relatively well and take rank 1 dailly. If his aren't competitive with mine how would they compete with his shard.

You completely missed my point, I can beat every team in my shard on offense. I have CLS with Chewbacca which means I can beat any Traya and other CLS. I also have the ability to beat Revans 90% of the time.

The issue I'm point out is how Traya can't hold at all on defense and that's just irrelevant when to comes to mods. You can have the fastest Traya on the planet and still lose to Revan and CLS with average mods.

the devs themselves have said that they intend to have arena more diverse, where multiple teams can be at the top, which means nothing will hold on def
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    So since we all seem to be missing your point, let's look at the big picture. Where is Traya in the top 10?

tjkelu0jy3nj.png

After 2 new legendaries (which took building 10 toons to high end gear on panic farm) reinforcing his team, Cls doesn't do much good holding on defense either. As far as I can see, only Revan does...to a degree. And meta reports says there's no 4th team following these 3.
    “I can beat every team on my shard on offence”

“It sucks that anyone else can beat my Traya team”

Kinda hard to see how to satisfy the OP when these are his standpoints.

/thread
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    We have a few on our shard that stay top 20 and have even claimed wins on defense.... you might want to look at your mods.

Uhh sorry but I can't accept that. CLS and Revan simply can't lose to Traya. They win 100% of the time regardless of mods.

Also throwing this out there, unlike Han and GK, Traya and sith overall are awful in raids as well. So it makes sense to maintain value in pvp.

That kinda confirms my previous statement.

Also you have revan and cls all the way out to 90 in your shard, probably not. People will remember who they had an easier time beating.

First of all you aren't taking into account shard chats. The people you mentioned may be "protected" by their shard mates via rules of engagement and stuff like that. Additionally yes most people in my shard do have CLS and CLS can beat ANY Traya regardless of how good or bad their mods are. I mean if you consider my 292 speed Thrawn to be bad, but ok.

Secondly, the truth of the matter is that that every shard is in fact different and the fact that a couple people in your shard are still using Traya doesn't prove anything. If anything the fact that they require God mods just to have a shot at top 20 only adds to my point when a CLS squad basically only requires a fast R2 and a relatively fast CLS to beat ANY Traya team out there. My Han is modded for Chex, he has like 180 speed and that isn't a factor cause I beat all Trayas I encounter.

Shard chats dont make people able to beat someone with a good team and proper mods. I'm not aware of a shard chat that extends all the way out to the 90s. Not saying there are not people spread all over the shard, but sounds more like your making excuses for what might be a "user issue" than an actual issue with a character.

Yes the meta is shifting and treya is on her way "out" but she is still a formidable team, and if your having trouble holding, you may want to look at your setup, rather than blame the toon.

I'm on a old shard, if something holds here it is likely it can hold elsewhere. Older players generally have the ability to properly mod a team and have some of the of the harder competition to face.

Every arena team should have your best mods, if not you are not doing yourself justice. Being able to win on offense has nothing to do with holding on defense. Being properly modded, geared, turn order, and all that is all about how your team will do on defense.

I agree you really need to check your mods, I still run an NS team that can compete in the top 3. I do have all of my NS with 6* mods geared for speed, crit damage and defense for zombie, and all GL 12 with the first 3 gear pieces on each one. You're gonna get beat on defense, and some days you're gonna drop 90 places. I dropped to the 100's the other week, sometimes you just get targeted more than other days. Work your way back up, and continue getting better mods.
  • I run a 5 star soon to be 6 star traya in arena. I run her with ep, thrawn, sion, and nihlas all maxed. I usually leave ep in the lead because it seems to hold better.

But it's not just traya that falls. In our chat several people fall into the 40s, 50s, or on a bad day further. Some are running traya. Some are running cls. Some are even running revan. I can beat all but like 4 or 5 revan teams that have amazing mods in my shard on offense.

Most everyone can beat me that get top 20 regularly. So none of the teams hold on defense. Some days I drop hard into the 50s. But some.e days I stay in the top 20 or 30 overnight. Yesterday I only fell to 10. At this point in the everyone can beat everyone arena, it's just luck of the draw.
  • Didn’t Andy Warhol once theorize that every faction would have fifteen weeks of meta?

Or maybe Traya will see her shadow on February 2, and she’ll get six more weeks of meta. Yep. That’s the one. Nailed it... because February is Sith month, etc.
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »
    ykq5ph4t5whz.jpg
    In the absence of the op sharing his swgoh.gg I'll will share this post of his and assume he doesn't have the mods to compete.

My shard is 14 month old and I've made a big effort farming mods while being mostly f2p. I take rank 1 dailly with a traya team. I've 9 mods 20 speed or higher. From this post it seems like the op has 3.

My mods aren't the best in my shard but they are good enough that I hold relatively well and take rank 1 dailly. If his aren't competitive with mine how would they compete with his shard.

You completely missed my point, I can beat every team in my shard on offense. I have CLS with Chewbacca which means I can beat any Traya and other CLS. I also have the ability to beat Revans 90% of the time.

The issue I'm point out is how Traya can't hold at all on defense and that's just irrelevant when to comes to mods. You can have the fastest Traya on the planet and still lose to Revan and CLS with average mods.

And revan on defense loses to droids, so....
    This comment has to be made to lots of people. Nothing holds on defense. Sure if they have superior mods or you just have bad RNG then they can hold on defense when you lose to them, but for the most part the part of the game everyone knows is that most of the time you lose on defense and win on offense. Not all the time, but most times.
    Besides, might I mention that Traya has been around for almost a year? I’m not sure how long you’ve been playing, but everyone who knows the game pretty well knows that metas change. Sure, she’s not the best of the best anymore, but that’s only for arena. @IC3M4N mentioned how to do a decent amount of damage with her. I’m sure they’ll rework her in the future, they always do with hard to acquire characters.
    Also, I doubt @Kyno was lying when he said Traya has held on defense against revan and CLS. Kyno has enough on his plate worrying about moderating the forums and keeping everyone in line to worry about lying to you. The goal of a moderator is to help the community, so if you can’t take what they say as truth, I’m sorry, but that’s your problem.

Revan has to do a certain kill order when attacking maxed traya teams with anti revan mods. If you go for traya first (like the AI does) and then sion, u’ll possibly timeout against a million-hp-DN. Hence, it is true that traya can still hold against a revan squad modded for high speed at the expense of damage. Have personally experienced it myself.

Against CLS and c3po, i’m not so sure. If traya is modded to tank it might be possible, since she will stack ridiculous amounts of protection when any of the trium gets debuffed or critted, and c3po drops dem exposes all around.
  • Come on CG, you can't do this! You literally wiped Traya out of existence even though she is the most recent raid reward character...

I dropped from top 13 to 90 over night using Traya, Sion, Nihilus, Emo and Thrawn. All g12+ except emo with all their zetas.

I simply can't believe how easily Traya loses and how many squads already beat her. I mean if your a new player there's not even an incentive to get her, she's literally the worst of all 3 raid reward characters and that's just sad...

I just really hope she gets buffed or at least gets some support this March because she's tragically bad...

I may be wrong here but my opinion you dropping that much is because the the amount of CLS/C3po teams have increased. Almost everyone has Luke,Raid Han,Thrawn,Chewy and C3po. Meaning more people will use those teams compared to Traya and Revan.

Dark side has been part of the meta for close to a year now.If I remember correctly..Palpatene got his rework last March and by April or May, Traya started to get unlocked. I still see a lot of Traya teams in arena and I notice CLS teams along with Traya teams will normally skip fighting Revan teams and instead attack teams like Traya that they know they can beat.

All you can do OP is continue hunting for more superior mods and when you drop more than normal then switch mods up. From my experience when someone finally figures out how to beat your team they normally attack a team they know they can beat. Switching out mods every now and then may give those players a harder time to where they won’t beat you as often and perhaps end up skipping you when they climb.

I believe ea/cg released chewy and c3po to shake up the meta and make arena more diverse. Currently Revan/Traya/CLS are the most 3 used types of teams you’ll see in the top50 of most shards now.

Dropping 13 to 90 is quite crazy though I have to admit. I’ve been in the top 20 for 3 years now..chasing the meta, obtaining the meta and trying to stay ahead of the curve as much as possible. Thankfully I’ve never dropped past rank 30 overnight. Switching mods and teams out every now and then may help you to keep from dropping so much over night. That along with refreshing arena 2-3 times a day is what I’d do if I were you.
  • Mucro
    103 posts Member
    We have a few on our shard that stay top 20 and have even claimed wins on defense.... you might want to look at your mods.

Uhh sorry but I can't accept that. CLS and Revan simply can't lose to Traya. They win 100% of the time regardless of mods.

Also throwing this out there, unlike Han and GK, Traya and sith overall are awful in raids as well. So it makes sense to maintain value in pvp.

Yet Traya is able to beat both of them too. A good Cls team became harder to beat for Traya's than Revan, weird eh? I passed onto Cls feeling that it would be the more fun team to play, but not because I had to. There are many Traya's on my shard capable of top 3 still.

I was pointing out how she's the preferred target for all arena squads now because she's the easiest to beat by far. I wasn't referring to her capabilities on offense

How do you know she's the preferred target, when you use her yourself? Is it just anecdotal speculation because you get defeated on defense? Newsflash: most teams lose on defense, no matter the squad.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Mucro wrote: »

Yet Traya is able to beat both of them too. A good Cls team became harder to beat for Traya's than Revan, weird eh? I passed onto Cls feeling that it would be the more fun team to play, but not because I had to. There are many Traya's on my shard capable of top 3 still.

I was pointing out how she's the preferred target for all arena squads now because she's the easiest to beat by far. I wasn't referring to her capabilities on offense

How do you know she's the preferred target, when you use her yourself? Is it just anecdotal speculation because you get defeated on defense? Newsflash: most teams lose on defense, no matter the squad.

Not all squads, but Revan. It's no secret Revan AI is specifically programmed the way he will always target Traya. This is even exploitable for the other side since you know where the opponent will attack.