Palps team vs CLS/chewie no C3P0 team

Hey so right now I run Palpatine lead/GMT/Vader/thrawn/Sion. Obviously I get nowhere in arena with them, finishing narrowly in the top 100 each day. I have nihilus at 7 stars, will be at gear 12 in a couple of weeks hopefully. So I can sub in Nihilus for GMT.

I have chewie only at 6 stars (couldn't do 7 sadly). So my team would be CLS/Chewie/Han plus 2 others (probably GK as soon as I get him to g12), plus maybe r2, but not sure. which team should I focus on running over the next couple of weeks? Obviously long term, without C3P0, this team won't be great and palps has been done for quite a while now, but just thinking short term, if I can compete with traya I can get into the top 50.

Or does the thrawn counter still work and should I just work on ipd?

I know it's fairly subjective but would like your answer on my best arena team

https://swgoh.gg/p/727926322/

That's my swgoh page if needed. Thank you!

Replies

• This thread looks like a strategy section one.

For cls team w/o c3 I would suggest r2 as 5th of course, modded for offense. Between gk and other tanks for 4th position I chose old ben, although I have him double zeta'd.. I played such team for those 3 months between first chewie event (when I got him also on 6*) and c3 event. I usually made it somehow to top20 but couldn't fight any revan teams ofc so trayas, ns and other cls teams would be your targets. I didn't fall further than top50 overnight.
    I had almost god mods on cls: cd/potency with lots of speed (over 120) and beautiful secondaries but looking at it now a whole speed set would also work good. R2 for offense, chewie and han for cc/cd, ben for defense/potency. Guard on cls of course.

Thrawn/ipd is only an acceptable team on offense but won't hold a thing on defense due to AI, same with any team with thrawn lead so save it for tw/ga.

Or you can try ns team if you have them geared up, they are easy to beat on defense in current meta but can defeat any team including revan.
  • I would also go with old ben. Chewie will prevent 2/5 of your rebel team from getting critically hit so GK wont have his taunt triggered.
  • I use CLS, Chewie, Han, R2, and Nest. It beats everything pretty consistently except for Revan. If I switch Nest for Thrawn I can sometimes take out the slower Revan lineups. Obviously 3po is the best 5th for dealing with him, but I'm miles away from even unlocking him.
  • CLS, not Palp.
    Without Traya, Palp squad is not stronger than others.
    Chewbacca makes Rebel much greater.
  • Thanks a lot for the replies guys. I'm trying to run cls Chewie Han thrawn and gk ATM. Chewie only g9 though so I'm having some trouble.

Anyone thinks subbing in Sion for GK might be a good idea? My old Ben is too undergeared to consider.
  • Jbnf
    120 posts Member
    You could do StHan while you gear up Old Ben. Chewie's Guard is anti-synergistic with GK's taunting. Or you could put in R2 in place of GK. Still provides some bulk to your team and can give you a pseudo taunt. Between CLS, R2, Thrawn, and Chewie, you might have enough natural survivability to be able to survive without a taunter. I would test it out if I were you. And if you find Chewie too squishy, throw a Prot. triangle or cross on him until he's 7* G12, you shouldn't be missing out on too much damage. And this should go without saying but make sure CLS and Han are guarded.
    My shard is likely much newer than yours but G9 Chewie was still sufficient for me to climb with CLS, RHan, R2, Chewie, and OB when I brought Chewie in for G11 Thrawn. Luckily, Chewie isn't too awful to gear up. There's the usual Pit gear block and then some stun guns, mk 8 implants, and two mk 4 holos but he's a lot easier than, say, RHan imo.
  • I can't believe you hit top 100 with a pall team now. My resistance team picks that apart. I see CLS Chewie Han r2 c3po in top 10 here
  • I can't believe you hit top 100 with a pall team now. My resistance team picks that apart. I see CLS Chewie Han r2 c3po in top 10 here

There's one palp team that somehow manages to make top 5 regularly in the sea of revan/traya/CLS on my shard. Props to the guy but I have no idea how he does it.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299

I can easily beat the nightsisters and bastilla teams with my palps squad so that is good enough for a finish in the top 100.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I can't believe you hit top 100 with a pall team now. My resistance team picks that apart. I see CLS Chewie Han r2 c3po in top 10 here

There's one palp team that somehow manages to make top 5 regularly in the sea of revan/traya/CLS on my shard. Props to the guy but I have no idea how he does it.

My guess is "absolutely godlike mods."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Update if anyone wants: Old Ben (non zeta'ed) and R2 both didn't really work (they're both a few pieces away from g12). I tried using Shoretrooper for the automatic taunt and it is working surprisingly well. Running CLS/Han/Chewie/Thrawn/Shoretrooper now. Getting into the top 50 everyday.
  • Yeah, Pallp team with God mods for sure. On a medium age shard mods can have that impact
  • I use EP / Sion / DN / Thrawn / Nest on a Sep 2017 shard that can stay top 50. Needs to have a very fast Nest (mine is 316) and typically beats everything but Revan. If it falls into the 70s it's a downward slide to the 150s as it makes a juicy target for all of the middling Bastila teams out there.

There's a non-3PO Rebels team running Nest that also stays in the top 50 on this shard. Looks like you have her mostly starred, need some gear and the zeta.

Things are going to change a bit in about 24 hours (good players that missed out on Revan last time and have been Revan focused will push their way back into the top 20 - mediocre players that bought Revan last time and haven't focused on their mod game are going to get pushed out).

I might hold off on any major gear investments for a bit to see how your shard shakes out post Revan take 2.

I can easily beat the nightsisters and bastilla teams with my palps squad so that is good enough for a finish in the top 100.

How do you beat bastilla teams with palps squad? I've done it, but inconsistently, and kinda depends on which tanks and/or Jolee they have.

What's your resistance team, and how do you beat Palp/Nightmare? I've done it a couple times, but it's inconsistent. Not sure who to fracture, kill order, etc.
  • I'm able to beat them by overloading on potency. Their gmy is probably just a bit faster than my thrawn so as soon as all the buffs are applied I use my thrawn to switch turn meter to Sion, who removes the buffs. After that it's just a matter of keeping GK fractured or shocked, while picking apart the rest. GMT helps a lot because I have him at about 150 potency so he applies offence down to almost everyone and increases survivability.

Depends a bit on rng obviously; if they take out GMT or thrawn before they take their turns it's almost impossible but usually doesn't happen