Fleet Arena - Need official comments

Hello, dear developers. I really don't understand how that has happened so I ask you to clarify the thing. If I've posted it in wrong thread -please, move it to the proper place.
My story
Right now, on January 13 2019 I've had a battle on my fleet arena starting at 18:48 (GMT +3). I was on the 4th place, I won that battle at the last seconds and became 1st. When the game showed me screen of my fleet arena I refreshed it for 50 crystals and wanted to attack another guy to get a victory (I'm on my way to 2500 victories in FA) but the system showed me that someone is attacking me at the moment. I waited for about 5 minutes refreshing matches tab all the time. It continued showing me that I'm 1st. Near 18:57 I attacked that guy on the 4th place and won the match BUT when I got the result it said that I'm only 3rd. How is that possible?

How could he attack me during that 5 seconds of loading screen? or
How could I enter the battle being 1st place on my screen when in fact I was only 3rd.
Is it a bug/issue or common thing? If so, is there a tool to watch other players attacking?
Of course, I can provide my ally code to any CG member.
Thanks for reading so much.

Replies

• Options
    It’s common for your place to be delayed in updating. You got attacked before the loading screen but your place didn’t visually changed. What usually does change quicker is the opponents you can attack and their rank. In your situation you would have been seeing the same opponents regardless, so you probably didn’t notice.
  • Options
    Bulldog, is there any way to counter this? or "it's OK"?
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    Options
    dd....when that happens again....u need to hit the refresh button to see where u are actually at...sometimes the attacker will lose and nothing changes but most often they'll win leaving little time for someone to knock them off their newly acquired spot....the only way to know is to refresh the page(left of matches tab)
  • Options
    Uno, I was doing that constantly, before the battle too. Maybe it was better to get back to ship menu and than click on fleet arena again, that's more confident maybe
  • J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    for me that always triggered a 'your position has changed recently' warning (or something like this), then after another refresh it updated on the list as well ....
    withoug any warning .... never happened to me at least but a shardmate said it happened to him which i thought an urban myth till now .... so your timing might hit the perfect 0.1µs where the server was still in the process of noticing that something has changed ;)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    J0HND03 wrote: »
    for me that always triggered a 'your position has changed recently' warning (or something like this), then after another refresh it updated on the list as well ....
    withoug any warning .... never happened to me at least but a shardmate said it happened to him which i thought an urban myth till now .... so your timing might hit the perfect 0.1µs where the server was still in the process of noticing that something has changed ;)

It isn’t a question of timing, it’s a question of whether you can still see the rank you are trying to hit from your new rank. If you can you won’t get that message.
  • Options
    Yeah, because when it showed my rank 1, it gave me opponents of ranks 2, 3 and 4. But if I actually was 3rd, so it should show me 1, 2 and 4. Though those were the same people... Let's see what will happen tonight.
  • Options
    Got some new info: When your opponents finish their battle, their rank is refreshed but your rank (which is shown in the top left corner) is NOT refreshed at all. I noticed yesterday that it showed me rank 1 in the top left corner but at the same time I could attack an opponent with rank 1. Only when I got back to fleet screen and picked fleet arena again it showed me rank 3. So it looks like a bug, should I report it in proper section of the forum?
    P.S. Feedback of developers is awesome: no reaction for 2 days :(
  • Options
    The Hounds Tooth is ridiculous in how obviously unbeatable it is and that it forces players to purchase it. The round time in the fleet arena isn’t enough either, as I could’ve easily beaten an opponent several times if I had just a little longer. The game is frustrating not fun.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Purchase?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    They absolutely destroyed fleet in this last update. Congrats CG on destroying it. Time and effort put into ships like hounds tooth, just to get annihilated by under 350k teams. Absolutely rediculous!!
  • Options
    Topic may be closed