Rich (FTP) People Problems - I think I've 'won' GW

SlyGambit
1246 posts Member
edited March 2016
So I've been doing GW daily since about the beginning of Dec. The only chromium packs I've gotten I got using crystals from arena and I've just bought the $5 Dooku pack and a $5 crystal script. I'm not sure I missed a day of GW and I've only failed to complete it 3-4 times (most of those I made it through the 10th node). Here are my GW toons:

7* IG-86
7* Luminara
7* Poggle
7* Tusken Raider
6* Dathcha
5* Teebo
5* Biggs
2* Nightsister Initiate

I have no desire to star up Dathcha, Biggs, or Teebo anymore. They have all been dramatically underwhelming particularly Dathcha who's speed and physical rating screamed good but in reality does pathetic damage.

Phasma is pretty much crap anywhere but lead and I have no desire to use her. Resistance Pilot is pretty much crap. Nightsister is pretty much crap.

I'm now at the point where I have no real need or desire to star up anyone I can get from GW. Even TR, who I had some hope to fill a niche in an all-assist team, was barely capable of helping out.

I will probably unlock Phasma and Res Pilot just for achievements. But other than that I am officially no longer farming anyone and will just be doing GW for the credits/droids/etc.

This is weird.

Replies

• Whatever's fun for ya. Cheers.
  • Foomerang wrote: »
    Whatever's fun for ya. Cheers.

+1

• Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Once your arena team/ls/ds teams are all set just work on toons or builds you want or think is fun. I'm at the stage where I want nothing from arena or gw shipments so I'm just going to unlock everyone for the achievements and Vader shards.
  • Tell me more about the Tusken Raider
  • Dathcha might be viable if Jawa Engineer get's released in his current state. Res Pilot has pretty good stats, he could see some top tier play if Resistance ever becomes a thing.

Your other options are to turn your characters into shard currency or save your tokens for a rainy day. Saving tokens is kind of worthless now without crystals to refresh shipments but you can squeeze in one extra purchase per day if timed right.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • I gladly welcome a @SlyGambit daily dairy
  • I am going for biggs to make a full rebel team in case jedi luke requires a team to unlock.
  • This is why you stock up on character shards from GW shipments who you already have at 7 stars in order to trade in at the shard shop for shards you actually want.
  • C00L_Story
    296 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Also to note, most characters will seem like garbage if you don't raise their skills/abilities.

Stars, level, equipment, and abilities all factor in.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    RP is better than i86 without droid synergy. Pain to gear though.

Start farming Grevious though if you don't want anything else. Your not losing anything.
  • SlyGambit wrote: »
    So I've been doing GW daily since about the beginning of Dec. The only chromium packs I've gotten I got using crystals from arena and I've just bought the $5 Dooku pack and a $5 crystal script. I'm not sure I missed a day of GW and I've only failed to complete it 3-4 times (most of those I made it through the 10th node). Here are my GW toons:

7* IG-86
    7* Luminara
    7* Poggle
    7* Tusken Raider
    6* Dathcha
    5* Teebo
    5* Biggs
    2* Nightsister Initiate

I have no desire to star up Dathcha, Biggs, or Teebo anymore. They have all been dramatically underwhelming particularly Dathcha who's speed and physical rating screamed good but in reality does pathetic damage.

Phasma is pretty much crap anywhere but lead and I have no desire to use her. Resistance Pilot is pretty much crap. Nightsister is pretty much crap.

I'm now at the point where I have no real need or desire to star up anyone I can get from GW. Even TR, who I had some hope to fill a niche in an all-assist team, was barely capable of helping out.

I will probably unlock Phasma and Res Pilot just for achievements. But other than that I am officially no longer farming anyone and will just be doing GW for the credits/droids/etc.

This is weird.
    SlyGambit wrote: »

7* IG-86
    7* Luminara
    7* Poggle
    7* Tusken Raider
    6* Dathcha
    5* Teebo
    5* Biggs
    2* Nightsister Initiate

This is weird.

Darth Sidious

CT-5555

Jedi Consular

Count Dooku

Old Daaka

Genosoian Soldier

FOST

Get these guys. They'll soldify your GW victory streak.

• Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    RP is better than i86 without droid synergy. Pain to gear though.

Start farming Grevious though if you don't want anything else. Your not losing anything.

This. Resistance pilot is actually pretty badass.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    How is he better? I run 86 on my GW healer team (bariss/Lumi/JC/GS/86). He typically crits around 6.5-7k with good regularity and has plenty of HP for GW. With poggle and 86 plus sid lead he pops crits over 13k. GS is the only other FTP even close to that but GS is obviously better standalone with speed and turn meter.

RP is more interesting than phasma so I might as well unlock him next. Besides there will eventually be more resistance toons and potentially being a pilot will be an important facet of the game.

As for the others they're all pretty much max skill max gear. Or at least enough to know how they'll be end game.

For whoever asked about max TR he's good but doesn't crit enough and when he does crit the damage is just meh. Around 4K crit base and 6k crit on his special. He's got a ton of HP which is cool and middling but not awful speed. I got 1st with a poggle/QGJ/86/gs/tr but the two nights I ran him my team suffered a lot on D and dropped into the 30s. Normally I'm in the top 20 overnight and often top 10. He was better than Biggs but just a little. Both are a big step down from GS or 86.
  • Resistance Pilot and Nightsister Initiate are both cool as.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Here is why RP is cool

QGJ or GS call RP. RP gains turn meter goes next.

RP uses special on dooku gains foresight, dodges two dooku counters goes again kills dooku.

Now the odds of the above happening perfectly aren't great but the QG/GS call RP and RP gains meters happens 1/4 battles and when it does you auto win.

The big advantage of RP is that his basic hits hard so when called as an assist she is doing his best attack. So if you are already running two assist callers adding an 86 doesn't help you much because his basic needs boosts/crits to be powerful. RP just hits hard every time. A little squishy though. Also she is an unknown that no one runs which may help when attacked but hurt in terms of being selected for arena.

So RP is great in assist based squads as the hammer. I don't think you get the performance if you don't have an assist caller.
  • Greg1920 wrote: »
    Here is why RP is cool

QGJ or GS call RP. RP gains turn meter goes next.

RP uses special on dooku gains foresight, dodges two dooku counters goes again kills dooku.

Now the odds of the above happening perfectly aren't great but the QG/GS call RP and RP gains meters happens 1/4 battles and when it does you auto win.

The big advantage of RP is that his basic hits hard so when called as an assist she is doing his best attack. So if you are already running two assist callers adding an 86 doesn't help you much because his basic needs boosts/crits to be powerful. RP just hits hard every time. A little squishy though. Also she is an unknown that no one runs which may help when attacked but hurt in terms of being selected for arena.

So RP is great in assist based squads as the hammer. I don't think you get the performance if you don't have an assist caller.

Well said!
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    RP is pretty good with a dooku (below level7) or Luminara lead. Gains that TM with dodges or crits. When she gets Foresight and with Dooku as lead and someone attacks she also gets offense up to add more damage.
    Gear up is a pain but if you have the resources to spare not a bad investment and hey she is a pilot maybe get some ship synergies down the line.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Excellent. Thanks. RP it is and I'm officially no longer the winner of GW. I've been using 88 as my assist hammer but want some flexibility and it sounds like RP will give that.

Plus he can fly stuff. Allegedly.
  • Ello_Asty
    562 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Plus, RP hits harder than your 86 and crits just as regularly...gaining tm along the way! Oh, and has more health...
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    I just finished Biggs and am starting RP as well. Every post about her/him has always been positive. Plus RP is well balanced so no nerf fear.
  • Xukca
    52 posts Member
    Why do people refer to resistance pilot as "she"? Is my smartphone screen too small, so I'm not noticing something?
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Xukca wrote: »
    Why do people refer to resistance pilot as "she"? Is my smartphone screen too small, so I'm not noticing something?
    It is tough to see in the pic alone but when she dies in battle you can hear RP is female
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    DV_27 wrote: »
    It is tough to see in the pic alone but when she dies in battle you can hear RP is female

Well that's weird. I always thought it was a guy.
  • I know Phasma is everywhere - but I use her in a non-leader role in arena. Victory March is so good.

Don't write her off!
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Sikho wrote: »
    DV_27 wrote: »

Well that's weird. I always thought it was a guy.
    Look again this time with this info in mind and you should see it. I also thought it was a guy at first until I saw someone else on the forums speak about it. Now I'm sure RP is a girl
  • Lamb
    300 posts Member
    Umm buffs? The exact reason to star up lol.
  • RP user here. I have her at gear 7, 70, 7*. She can't find a spot in my team, Luke at the moment is far better than her.
    Maybe at gear 8 she become a beast, but now she doesn't crit much as Luke and her expose chance is too low.
    never tried her in a assist team though.
  • Starring up RP now. No she isn't Rey, but Rey will take me forever to have ready for anything.

Potentially far faster than Luke and a better call on assist - crit that assist and a potential of over 40% TM. Have an Arena team planned to try for once the Dooku lead is fixed and she will be a part of it. Might not work, but she is fun as an alternate in GW too, so won't be a total waste regardless.