Was the AI changed?

I've noticed a couple of oddities in the last couple of days:

- one of my shard mates has noticed revan open with AoE rather than Mark in an arena battle. We've never seen this before.
- in my last 3 consecutive fleet arena matches vs a TIE Silencer, it's used its basic first instead of its special.

I know the community has been asking for a silencer change for ages and we had an update this week that apparently didn't contain anything worth writing about.

Have other people noticed changes or has this always been the case?
https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
Discord: Iona Starbound#5299

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I've seen a mix of Silencer opens over the last month or so, definitely not new.

Never seen Revan fail to mark first yet.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    I have seen revan open with his AOE once. Never before never again, it was in the last few days.

Same, i have seen silencer switch it up.
  • I have seen revan opening with aoe now for a week or 10 days and so have my shard mates.....he still dies but it throws you off at first.
    Also noticed nihilus getting a lot less TM but that may be bc my traya is running a lot of tenacity.
    Que la Fuerza os acompañe!

Kakaka

Telegram @Kakakawakaka
    https://swgoh.gg/u/kakakawakaka/
    Código aliado 192-195-873
    https://swgoh.gg/g/516/global-elite-games/
  • A shardmate tells me sometimes, that my Trixie not opens with the AoE attack, but the basic instead. Have seen the same sometimes.
    I think the AI has some RNG values in the code, to prevent stale battles over and over again.
  • My Revan once opened with AOE instead when I used to press Auto, so I stopped using Auto and I haven’t observed that behaviour since.

Enemy Slicers have occasionally opened with Basic for a Long Long time, so I don’t think there’s been any AI changes.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    My Revan once opened with AOE instead when I used to press Auto, so I stopped using Auto and I haven’t observed that behaviour since.

Enemy Slicers have occasionally opened with Basic for a Long Long time, so I don’t think there’s been any AI changes.

I've never had an enemy silencer use it's basic first. I wonder if it context dependant (like the reinforcements supposedly are), so it depends on who the other ally and enemy ships are?
  • Acymetric wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    My Revan once opened with AOE instead when I used to press Auto, so I stopped using Auto and I haven’t observed that behaviour since.

I've never had an enemy silencer use it's basic first. I wonder if it context dependant (like the reinforcements supposedly are), so it depends on who the other ally and enemy ships are?

I think its weighted rng, just like for events. Where for the chewie event what r2 does makes or breaks you , if there was no rng , he would never deviate , but they do , rarely.
  • I saw Revan open with his AoE weeks ago many times, when I had trouble beating him. I remember it was way easier then because I would fracture him before he could mark
  • Acymetric wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »

I used the exact same squad for weeks and enemy Silencer just randomly decided to Basic once in a while. Haven't seen it recently though, my opponents probably realized that Silencer is generally crap on defense.
  • First battle... he lead with AOE.

2 other battles - he started with mark as usual.

Interesting.
  • iBics
    58 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I think i noticed too revan using aoe first once, but never again so not really worth pointing out
    And i dont know about other scenarios but im using XB HT silencer in arena and the enemy silencer always starts with basic...i guess its because of XB
  • In the last few days I've seen Executrix use his basic instead of reinforce, and I've seen HT use his basic instead of taunting (he wasn't ability blocked and it was off cooldown).
  • every xxx fleet fight the ai won't resupply in the second round but the third or it switches the ressuply order for one fight, the next one everything is fine again ....
    stuff like this happens :D
  • I have seen Revan open up with aoe only 2 times and it really threw me off. It also lost the match for them.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    6lj9zsaoyyd5.jpeg

Someone saw this against my revan team for the first time a couple days ago.