January 2019 Calendar Review

Prev1
sigsig
234 posts Member
edited January 2019
I posted this on reddit but crossposting here since not everyone reads reddit.

This is something I’m thinking about doing every month, a review of the calendar. I’ll go over the upcoming events, talk about what’s missing, and what I think is coming. Going forward, I’ll do this closer to the beginning of the month (and maybe one near the end). One thing I want to stress, don’t use this review for planning what you should farm. You can make your own ideas and conclusions based on the review. Keep farming what you are farming. That being said, I will tell you things that I think is wise to farm depending on where you’re at in the game.

0q8ux7ra19a21.png

Looking at our current calendar, we are right in the middle of the CLS event. We believe JTR is coming back on the 24th (along with bb-8) since it was on the calendar by mistake and CG removed it. JTR is due and the BB-8 event makes it obvious.

That leaves us with a gap from the 17th - 23rd. I think most people would agree that Han’s Millennium Falcon is coming then. Not only is there a gap, but the Bounty Hunter pack in the store also ends on the 23rd. A lot of people were hoping for Jedi Knight Revan then, but I don’t see that happening. I think it’s safe to say that Han’s Millennium Falcon will run from the 17th - 23rd. I also don’t believe they would run Revan at the same time. They want all of the hype to be on the new Legendary, bringing back Revan at the same time would ruin the hype.

A couple other things to note on the calendar, we’ve datamined Galactic Bounties I to be on the 22nd and Galactic Bounties II to be on the 18th. It also looks like CG is changing things up with the guild events. Territory Wars are going to be overlapping each other. When we are in attack phase, we will also be in preview phase for the next TW. I don’t believe this has ever happened and it could mean that CG is trying to plan on how to do TW, TB, & GA next month.

After Rey, we could see an event on the 31st - maybe Revan? It’s really hard to say. One thing to keep in mind is that CLS’s first time back took 140 days. JTR only took 90 days though. It’s possible JTR was brought back early for the new Sith Raid since she was crucial for it. Right now, Revan last came 87 days ago. I personally don’t think Revan will be brought back until there is a hard counter for him in arena (or a hard counter is close).

This brings us into some guesses for February. February is historically a Dark Side and Sith month for events. There’s two things that I can’t figure out how to place - Revan and Grandmaster Yoda. Yoda last came 73 days ago and on average comes every 60 days. I would find it hard to believe that he’s not coming in February just based on days alone. Revan as I said is a toss up, I believe Revan could come back in February if he’s needed for another Dark Side event - maybe continuing his Journey? If not, I can see them stretching him out to March. I think we will most likely see Emperor's Demise (Palpatine) and Artist of War (Thrawn)/Imperial Chimaera events coming in February; we’re due and it’s a Dark Side month.

There’s one thing I think is very likely; there will probably be an event in February that requires Bastila Shan (Fallen) and Canderous Ordo. Both of these characters will become farmable either this week or next. I don’t really understand how they will be used but with February coming as a Sith month, there’s a lot of guesses that either Darth Malak or Darth Revan is coming.

I think it would also be smart to farm the B-28 Extinction-class Bomber and the Sith Fighter. We now have 4 Sith ships and the B-28 just became farmable.

Of course this is a lot to farm, I’m sure a lot are still farming for Revan (you should hurry up). A good amount are farming for Han’s Falcon. And now we have 4 more characters that makes sense to farm. After this, there are only 2 marquee characters left so it’s very likely we’ll see some marquee characters coming. We’re due for a Road Ahead post so hopefully that will help us figure out what to do next.

Thanks everyone. Let me know if you have any feedback and if you found this useful.

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    sigsig wrote: »
    I think it would also be smart to farm the B-28 Extinction-class Bomber and the Sith Fighter. We now have 4 Sith ships and the B-28 just became farmable.
    Word. Ebon Hawk is definitely coming and they are definitely the requirement.

Good write-up, and breakdown for the entire community. Looking forward to more of these.
  • Options
    Good summary
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Word. Ebon Hawk is definitely coming and they are definitely the requirement.

Good write-up, and breakdown for the entire community. Looking forward to more of these.

Agreed on the Ebon Hawk. So who would be the likely crew?
  • Options
    To answer my own question, Wiki pages are suggesting Carth, Bastila and T3.
  • Options

This is something I’m thinking about doing every month, a review of the calendar. I’ll go over the upcoming events, talk about what’s missing, and what I think is coming. Going forward, I’ll do this closer to the beginning of the month (and maybe one near the end). One thing I want to stress, don’t use this review for planning what you should farm. You can make your own ideas and conclusions based on the review. Keep farming what you are farming. That being said, I will tell you things that I think is wise to farm depending on where you’re at in the game.

0q8ux7ra19a21.png

Looking at our current calendar, we are right in the middle of the CLS event. We believe JTR is coming back on the 24th (along with bb-8) since it was on the calendar by mistake and CG removed it. JTR is due and the BB-8 event makes it obvious.

That leaves us with a gap from the 17th - 23rd. I think most people would agree that Han’s Millennium Falcon is coming then. Not only is there a gap, but the Bounty Hunter pack in the store also ends on the 23rd. A lot of people were hoping for Jedi Knight Revan then, but I don’t see that happening. I think it’s safe to say that Han’s Millennium Falcon will run from the 17th - 23rd. I also don’t believe they would run Revan at the same time. They want all of the hype to be on the new Legendary, bringing back Revan at the same time would ruin the hype.

A couple other things to note on the calendar, we’ve datamined Galactic Bounties I to be on the 22nd and Galactic Bounties II to be on the 18th. It also looks like CG is changing things up with the guild events. Territory Wars are going to be overlapping each other. When we are in attack phase, we will also be in preview phase for the next TW. I don’t believe this has ever happened and it could mean that CG is trying to plan on how to do TW, TB, & GA next month.

After Rey, we could see an event on the 31st - maybe Revan? It’s really hard to say. One thing to keep in mind is that CLS’s first time back took 140 days. JTR only took 90 days though. It’s possible JTR was brought back early for the new Sith Raid since she was crucial for it. Right now, Revan last came 87 days ago. I personally don’t think Revan will be brought back until there is a hard counter for him in arena (or a hard counter is close).

This brings us into some guesses for February. February is historically a Dark Side and Sith month for events. There’s two things that I can’t figure out how to place - Revan and Grandmaster Yoda. Yoda last came 73 days ago and on average comes every 60 days. I would find it hard to believe that he’s not coming in February just based on days alone. Revan as I said is a toss up, I believe Revan could come back in February if he’s needed for another Dark Side event - maybe continuing his Journey? If not, I can see them stretching him out to March. I think we will most likely see Emperor's Demise (Palpatine) and Artist of War (Thrawn)/Imperial Chimaera events coming in February; we’re due and it’s a Dark Side month.

There’s one thing I think is very likely; there will probably be an event in February that requires Bastila Shan (Fallen) and Canderous Ordo. Both of these characters will become farmable either this week or next. I don’t really understand how they will be used but with February coming as a Sith month, there’s a lot of guesses that either Darth Malak or Darth Revan is coming.

Of course this is a lot to farm, I’m sure a lot are still farming for Revan (you should hurry up). A good amount are farming for Han’s Falcon. And now we have 4 more characters that makes sense to farm. After this, there are only 2 marquee characters left so it’s very likely we’ll see some marquee characters coming. We’re due for a Road Ahead post so hopefully that will help us figure out what to do next.

Thanks everyone. Let me know if you have any feedback and if you found this useful.

Save this for reddit. Dont need this speculation twice.
  • Options
    Thanks yall
  • Options
    +1 for farming sith bomber.

Anyone else noticed abysmal drop rates for the bomber? I might start keeping track of it
  • Options
    DadKev wrote: »

0q8ux7ra19a21.png

Says in literally the first line that he crossposted because some people don’t read Reddit. It’s fine.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Very good review....keep em coming, i enjoyed it
  • Options
    @sigsig record for referring to yourself the most times (I, I'm and I'll).

Well done.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

Anyone else noticed abysmal drop rates for the bomber? I might start keeping track of it

Go for it. Let us know when it evens out.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I don't spend a ton on the game but I do spend some, and if revan doesn't come back until March I am so done with this game. I have been ready since Dec 10th and it is ridiculous that they are waiting so long to bring him back just to kee the whales happy.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I don't spend a ton on the game but I do spend some, and if revan doesn't come back until March I am so done with this game. I have been ready since Dec 10th and it is ridiculous that they are waiting so long to bring him back just to kee the whales happy.

But keeping whales happy is how they make money.
  • Options

Revan's event first launched October 18th...it hasn't even been 3 months yet!

When CLS first launched, it was almost 5 months before the event returned the first time.
    RJT's events had a 3 month gap between the first time and its first recurrence.

They have no confirmed recurrence schedule for these Journey events, but historically it's been 3-5 months spacing...so sometime between now and march I would expect to see Revan appear.
  • Options

I've been having the best time farming bomber. I've got 13 shards after 3 days of farming it. (no refreshes)
  • Options
    Great summary, thank you!!
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    mesa176750 wrote: »

I've been having the best time farming bomber. I've got 13 shards after 3 days of farming it. (no refreshes)

It's almost as if the drop rate is universal and small sample sizes will change different people's perception of it.
  • Options
    This is better than watching a video...
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    Options
  • PoD
    67 posts Member
    Options
    Yes. Thank you @sigsig. Even if it’s on reddit, I spend more time here than there.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options

Already started this back when Sith Fighter got released! I've been preaching this to my guild for a week now. Glad to finally see someone on the same page. +1 to this post.
  • Options
    Let’s start with bomber... but please it will be fine if next toons and ships fall into cantina or ships nodes... I’m delaying the farming of poor and bald Lobot over a year.

Many thanks @sigsig perfect summary.

See you in discord
  • Options
    miguelfoo wrote: »
    Let’s start with bomber... but please it will be fine if next toons and ships fall into cantina or ships nodes... I’m delaying the farming of poor and bald Lobot over a year.

Many thanks @sigsig perfect summary.

See you in discord

Speculation for a new sith Capital ship has been going on for a while... best start on those farms now. Not looking forward to it except having a new Capital ship is exciting.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Excellent post. Makes me feel better about my Revan preparations. Speculation but would guess all 5 of the T2 OR toons would be needed at some Point for Malak/Ebon Hawk. Carth, Ordo, Bastilla, Juhani and perhaps HK rework?

Also I'm certain Beckett is being released in there somewhere. Right? RIGHT!?!
  • Options
    DadKev wrote: »

0q8ux7ra19a21.png

Nobody asked you. This is a swgoh forum and he can post anything swgoh related that he likes. You should stick to reddit
  • Options
    I never go to reddit so I am glad he posted it here.
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    Options

lmao, bye!
  • Options

I try to avoid Reddit at all costs.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

I try to avoid Reddit at all costs.

Amazingly, by doing so, you miss out on official information posted by official CG devs. It's insane.