How long will this game be supported?

Prev1
DarthCyren
409 posts Member
edited March 2016

How long will this game be supported? 158 votes

More then a year.
27%
Hyperalloyioniancat21DrPancakesslashy42reizseksbden02stupidfatfoolRandallThomasLyleFrenzytomgarcia_george99Plague_IncMLGebraKibHanSlowMoSagefireKaseasPlasmajDingleTingleJ0K3R 44 votes
More then 2 years.
13%
JoJoMo_007JedispliceJiggywiggycheetah2114El_DuderinoSwordsLFDYarzahnBig_RussJohnnyudesSimmerBigBoss13Joc_DeezSpaceWolfNuttermakerCastChristOpreichTerraiJbizzyGJarvanomiconEl_Chapo 22 votes
More then 3 years.
29%
scubaJJHJ7000cosmicturtle333darksideShentuDragonAbyssRogan_Ban84StarSonTheShadow1983unit900000jkdmikeZenSmithieDrexnawPocoborReyiaMegadeth3700KYLO_SAM84gseth 46 votes
Less then a year.
13%
Tenchi1969HBOMBCOKFISTDrakeIXtjw_tjw14ArijitPerongelukBaldoWillkimm98SupremeRavenGraffix460InternetSwag2Milly_htowmMosDefJeffMeese_RancherheroeskageTrevoriamabitkhKeelo_Rensir_Phantom_Jedi 22 votes
It's already abandoned.
15%
Stekcir_LeinadGenakumapip_ninjaHeHateMeMittensTakBrownieElSoldado_23BigFrymoongodEleiemDarkHelmutRAYRAYxSkandarGraunxKopfschussDarth_MalakCoolhand_LukeBlueDemonMoleElizaBrigadeMoe 24 votes

Replies

• More then a year.
    Don't really want to contribute to these threads, but this game is starting to remind me of the wildly popular Star Wars Galactic Defense. Very high prices for characters, the SAME shard format to get heroes and *'s, and ridiculous grind unless you spent $$$.

Albeit it was a tower defense game and a different format, it was super popular and cost a ton of money. It lasted about a year I believe before Disney decided they had enough money and pulled the plug. I could see this here. They've made about 25+ million off this game with little invested so far, Whales have spent their money.
  • I haven't voted because there isn't an option for "Until the Feb 2016 patch".
  • Until next Star Wars movie flops...which will never happen aka forever.
  • Around 2013 disney release SW tcg game didnt last year, pirate caribbran game.....didnt make it a month, MAAT past beta... still not even a half year. And some other i didnt mention which all closed by disney.
    I see so much potential in swgoh in the beginning(i think im wrong) and hope more content incoming
    the cake is a lie
  • Around 2013 disney release SW tcg game didnt last year, pirate caribbran game.....didnt make it a month, MAAT past beta... still not even a half year. And some other i didnt mention which all closed by disney.
    I see so much potential in swgoh in the beginning(i think im wrong) and hope more content incoming

That's where I'm at - I love the game and see truckloads of potential.

I just am starting to believe this is a hit and run game that's going to be around for around a year...
  • DarthCyren wrote: »

I just am starting to believe this is a hit and run game that's going to be around for around a year...
    I guess then whale level spending for one year of iPhone game is not bad :D:D>:)
  • This post is depressing, but would correlate with the lack of content and lack of communication on the end state of the game. I really hope it stays; for two years I only played clash because it was entertaining, got new content on occasion, and I was in a clan with my old college bros. The social aspect of ****'ing on chat was almost or more fun as looting someones base....
  • I love that a substantial amount of voters believe it already abandoned or at least in the process of being abandoned.
  • DarthCyren wrote: »
    Around 2013 disney release SW tcg game didnt last year, pirate caribbran game.....didnt make it a month, MAAT past beta... still not even a half year. And some other i didnt mention which all closed by disney.

If there another sw games released while more profitable than GoH, yes that possible.
    Disney known for their mean decision. . .well that just my opinion
    the cake is a lie
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Swfc has been around for a couple years now, is even more expensive to play, had less content at this time after launch, is significantly harder to progress as f2p, and has less overall interactive gameplay. That game is still going strong.

This game will be here when episode 9 releases.
  • vangoh
    127 posts Member
    I say look at Simpsons tapped out. That game has been going for years. When it first came out there wasn't much to do. They kept adding stuff over the years and they still support it.
    I hope that happens with this game
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Make it never dieing like Clash of clans heck make like angry birds as durable!!
  • It will probably get popular with each new movie.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Less then a year.
    At this rate of no new content less than a year! If guild clans are added well over 3!
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Less then a year.
    Year from now that is!
  • the cake is a lie

• That's kind of terrifying foreshadowing, here.

• More then a year.
    If they'd just support the game and appear to look interested in their players, this game could go on indefinitely. They need to act like they care...
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Less then a year.
    If they'd just support the game and appear to look interested in their players, this game could go on indefinitely. They need to act like they care...

+1
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    More then 3 years.
    Marvel war of Heroes lasted for 3 years
  • scuba wrote: »

and star wars is bigger than one branch of comic book
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    More then 3 years.
    scuba wrote: »

Yup and this game IMO is better. Wow you play the money lottery what you got was outdated in a week.
  • I think it's got a good life, best game they have released by far
  • It's already abandoned.

And other Star Wars apps have been shut down shortly after release( Star Wars assault team, Tiny Death Star, and Star Wars galactic defense come to mind). I'm actually surprised Star Wars commander is still around. So you can't really use 'Star Wars is bigger' as reasoning.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    EA has a history of consolidating their resources and narrowing the competition within their own IP. Those other games were horrible. There's a reason swfc has survived when they didn't; and swfc is much more hardcore in terms of what is required from a financial standpoint.
  • Less then a year.
    I honestly don't think star wars is bigger than marvel. Sorry but even as a sw fan I gotta say that. As for the length of this game, I think that other game is an ill omen, but this game could share the same fate. As soon as Disney wants to move on we will be left behind and all the time we spent will have amounted to nothing.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • HanSlowMo
    235 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    More then a year.

One branch of comic book? I thought that game encompassed most if not all the more famous heroes? And the marvel franchise is far far larger than star wars financially and range of media lol :/

• CollinF
    203 posts Member
    Less then a year.
    I really hope this will last a long time, because the CONCEPT of the game is awesome! It's just the developers that are really holding this game back. But, things will never change, only thing they care about is $$$ and if people keep paying, than why do anything?