Problem with high tier items

Prev13
So, I'm at the point where many of my characters can't do much of anything. They get crushed in Arena and Galactic War along with the normal battles. So obviously I need to gear them up more.

The problem is most of the gear can only be found from doing high tiers of raids such as the Sith Academy and said raids are far too strong for my characters ((they can't even break through shields before the shields come back)). So I can't get the gear because I need to raid and I can't raid because my gear isn't good enough.

What should I do? Is there anything that can make them stronger or am I doomed?

Replies

• It depends a lot on your roster. Since you haven't shared your swgoh.gg profile, we can't see even what level you're at, so my advice will be generic:

1. Join a guild. You want a guild with 50 active players, who engage in territory battles, territory wars, and get tickets on a daily basis to kill raids.
    2. Hit every raid you can. If #1 was successful, your guild can be doing a rancor raid every other day. If the guild is strong enough, you will hopefully at least be doing heroic Rancor & Tank raids, and then a lower level sith raid. Even if you can't damage Nihilus' protection, the guild can kill teh raid and you'll get some rewards.
    3. While some gear is exclusive to raids, you can get gear from the shard shop and guild cantina store.
    4. Arena depends on squad, gear, and mods. Keep working on all 3.
  • Already in a guild that started the raid. it's a very powerful raid we've hardly made any progress on.

I've looked at all the places that I can find some of this gear in and all it shows is the raid. Not even battles being locked.

How do i show you my characters?
  • Sign up for a profile at swgoh.gg which will sync your account. You can then link to that account here and people can view your roster etc
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    The problem is most of the gear can only be found from doing high tiers of raids such as the Sith Academy and said raids are far too strong for my characters ((they can't even break through shields before the shields come back)). So I can't get the gear because I need to raid and I can't raid because my gear isn't good enough.

You still receive rewards simply by taking part in raids. If you don't have a team for phase 1 of STR, then simply battle in the other phases without Nihilus and his shield. Just be happy, that your guild mates can manage phase 1 for you.

Anyone can raid - disregarding his/her current gear.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Already in a guild that started the raid. it's a very powerful raid we've hardly made any progress on.

How often do you raid? I'd advice you to join a guild, that raids heroic Rancor at least twice a week (thrice is max) and heroic tank raids at least twice every fortnight. A highly active guild is key to progression. That's more important than your own personal rank in those raids. You will reach higher rank as you improve your roster and learn the strategy for each raid.
  • Already in a guild that started the raid. it's a very powerful raid we've hardly made any progress on.

I've looked at all the places that I can find some of this gear in and all it shows is the raid. Not even battles being locked.

How do i show you my characters?

Sounds like you need a new guild.

You want to join a guild where you are the weakest person and everyone else is above you. Basically free load the guild for the next few months, and eventually you can pay it forward (my current guild I joined to do Heroic AAT raid when I was posting like 100k total damage... Yesterday I posted 2nd highest score on HAAT because my CLS completed p1 alone, and my jtr squad did 10 mil in p3.)
  • Yep, I remember coming on here asking the same question back in the day.

Back then there was only Rancor raid, and I'd been doing tier 4 in previous guild. Joined a guild doing heroic and I was scoring <100k total in the first few. But it earned me my first Mk5 furnace and I've never looked back.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Something is not lining up, all of us have been at the point where we needed to do the raid and had not recieved any if the rewards from the raid.

Please sign up for and post your swgoh.gg, it is likely you are spreading out the gear you are getting from the other raids too much and so it feels like you are not getting anywhere.

You could also focus on mods, good mods can really help in many situations where gear is lacking, at least to some extent
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Something is not lining up, all of us have been at the point where we needed to do the raid and had not recieved any if the rewards from the raid.

Please sign up for and post your swgoh.gg, it is likely you are spreading out the gear you are getting from the other raids too much and so it feels like you are not getting anywhere.

You could also focus on mods, good mods can really help in many situations where gear is lacking, at least to some extent

https://swgoh.gg/p/546399927/characters/

I'm not getting this high level raid gear I need because the raids aren't being completed. When I gear characters I tend to focus on a few at a time and then the character needs this really high level gear I can't get, so I move on to another character and it goes on and on.
  • crzydroid
    7286 posts Moderator
    If the raids aren't being completed, you need to find a new guild.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I'm not getting this high level raid gear I need because the raids aren't being completed. When I gear characters I tend to focus on a few at a time and then the character needs this really high level gear I can't get, so I move on to another character and it goes on and on.
    crzydroid wrote: »
    If the raids aren't being completed, you need to find a new guild.

This.

If you are at a point where the only gear you need comes from heroic raids(there isn't too much that's is that exclusive) and you cant finish the raids you need, it sounds like a guild problem.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Raids not completed? Like heroic tier, which are not completed within the two day time limit? Or non-heroics thst take days with refreshes? Or....what tier raids, is your guild doing? (Rancor, tank and sith).
  • Waqui wrote: »

Raids not completed? Like heroic tier, which are not completed within the two day time limit? Or non-heroics thst take days with refreshes? Or....what tier raids, is your guild doing? (Rancor, tank and sith).

Sometimes they're time limited but i think this one resets every day. But it's still far too strong for me to do anything. I can't even break through Nihilus' shield before he wipes me out.
  • Are you still in a "starter" guild? Most "real" guilds should be finishing whatever raid they start, barring failed heroic attempts.

Even joining and getting a 0 will give you rewards.

I suggest looking in the "active guilds looking for players" section of the forums
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/188802/active-guilds-looking-for-players-december-2018-read-rules-in-first-post#latest

This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Do what I do - spend crystals on gear from shipments instead of energy.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Do what I do - spend crystals on gear from shipments instead of energy.

They're not appearing in the shipment is part of the problem. I would if I could but many aren't there.
  • You do have to sometimes wait a few days for what you need to pop up, but it's just more days to save up more crystals.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Your guild is only 33 members. So that is almost always going to be a raid problem, and on top of that you will not be raiding as often as you could due to low ticket counts.

You should work on that as your first real problem. If you fix your guild situation, I feel like your gear problem will solve itself.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I would also add, you should start some sort of plan, your roster is spread out and you are missing some solid toons. Pick somewhere you want to focus and ask for help in the Arena and Character section of the forum. You can get some great guidance there.
    I would also add, you should start some sort of plan, your roster is spread out and you are missing some solid toons. Pick somewhere you want to focus and ask for help in the Arena and Character section of the forum. You can get some great guidance there.

What exactly do you mean by this? Like, what sort of areas could I possibly focus on? I've been doing groups lately ((Sith, Jedi, Scoundrels, etc)0 but always run into the gear problem and have to look elsewhere.

What exactly do you mean by this? Like, what sort of areas could I possibly focus on? I've been doing groups lately ((Sith, Jedi, Scoundrels, etc)0 but always run into the gear problem and have to look elsewhere.

As Kyno said, join a decent guild and you won't have th we issues..... Focus on one team of five at once, and when that team is done, move on...... Also, I am assuming you haven't finished all of the tables (ls and ds especially)..... Get a solid team of both built and you will have more places to farm gear....
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Sometimes they're time limited but i think this one resets every day. But it's still far too strong for me to do anything. I can't even break through Nihilus' shield before he wipes me out.

So, Tank raids and Rancor raids are time-limited (heroic tier) while the sith raid is non-heroic? Is this, what you mean? If it is, then that's good for a start. Non-heroic sith may take several days. That's not unusual. And your problem with Nihilus' shield is a quite common problem until you learn the strategy and build suitable teams to perform well in that phase.

How often does your guild raid? If it only has 33 members, and if not all of them are active every day, you may not raid very often. I would still advice to join a guild that raids heroic Rancor at least twice a week and at least 3 heroic tank raids every two weeks.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019

Pick a game mode, build up to conquer it, then pick another one. Arena should always be a focus too, but let's start with raids. Can you solo the Pit raid? No? Look up a good team build up to meet that goal.

Do you have a fee good teams to beat the HAAT raid? No, build them up.

All of this can be done without HSR gear. But you need a guild that is at a minimum 50 players getting 600 each a day. If you dont have that standard than you have bigger problems then highest end raid gear.

Do you have all the teams for each legendary toon? Pick one, focus be ready the next time they come around.

Other areas to focus, TB special mission teams, TW teams, and ships. You cant pick too many, you need to prioritize and work up slowly. Again, all of these teams can get to a great place with the high end raid gear.

If you and your guild dont have HPit and HAAT on farm with 30k a day regularity, then you are missing the key steps to get you to where you need to be to get the highest end gear.

I know there is a lot going on in the game, but you have to focus on one thing at a time, and build up to the top. It's a long road, but with patience and focus you can get there.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

I would suggest to read one of the beginners' guides found here on the forums to get an idea of what a good path for collecting and developing characters would be. It could give you advice on which legendary characters to unlock and in which order, as well as which teams are needed to unlock them.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    So, I'm at the point where many of my characters can't do much of anything. They get crushed in Arena and Galactic War along with the normal battles. So obviously I need to gear them up more.

I just reread your original post. After seeing your roster it also seems like you need to find out WHICH characters to gear up. Don't waste gear on characters, you won't be using much any way.

Furthermore, you are level 85 but only very few of your characters are higher than level 80. If you wish to climb in arenas, develop a team with good synergy, level them all to 85 and gear them up. Don't spread your gear and credits all over the place. Work on a few select characters at a time - with only a few 'side projects', which you may focus on later/next. Edit: "You will need credits to level up your characters. Make sure, that you can beat the highest tier of credit heist. You need those credits. A steady income of resources is key to success in this game."

So, Tank raids and Rancor raids are time-limited (heroic tier) while the sith raid is non-heroic? Is this, what you mean? If it is, then that's good for a start. Non-heroic sith may take several days. That's not unusual. And your problem with Nihilus' shield is a quite common problem until you learn the strategy and build suitable teams to perform well in that phase.

How often does your guild raid? If it only has 33 members, and if not all of them are active every day, you may not raid very often. I would still advice to join a guild that raids heroic Rancor at least twice a week and at least 3 heroic tank raids every two weeks.

none of them are timed. but the Sith raid is still really strong. I've helped before; they must have done a higher level this time. I've been able to help defeat all 3 bosses but not this time.

We almost always have a raid up. This one has been a loooong time though

Pick a game mode, build up to conquer it, then pick another one. Arena should always be a focus too, but let's start with raids. Can you solo the Pit raid? No? Look up a good team build up to meet that goal.

Do you have a fee good teams to beat the HAAT raid? No, build them up.

All of this can be done without HSR gear. But you need a guild that is at a minimum 50 players getting 600 each a day. If you dont have that standard than you have bigger problems then highest end raid gear.

Do you have all the teams for each legendary toon? Pick one, focus be ready the next time they come around.

Other areas to focus, TB special mission teams, TW teams, and ships. You cant pick too many, you need to prioritize and work up slowly. Again, all of these teams can get to a great place with the high end raid gear.

If you and your guild dont have HPit and HAAT on farm with 30k a day regularity, then you are missing the key steps to get you to where you need to be to get the highest end gear.

I know there is a lot going on in the game, but you have to focus on one thing at a time, and build up to the top. It's a long road, but with patience and focus you can get there.

I think my head just exploded from all of this :p

I can...do the pit raid, is that what you meant? I mean i eventually get defeated but when the enemy has one shot powers...

Dunno what HAAT is.

Getting 600 what?

What do you mean "each legendary toon" ? I don't even have all the legendary ones with epic journeys and the like ((Commander Luke, Jedi Rey, etc))

What does TP and TW mean?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

none of them are timed. but the Sith raid is still really strong. I've helped before; they must have done a higher level this time. I've been able to help defeat all 3 bosses but not this time.

We almost always have a raid up. This one has been a loooong time though

you are not doing the heroic tier on any of the raids. you should work on fixing this for the other 2 raids before you worry about a higher tier of the sith raid.

I just reread your original post. After seeing your roster it also seems like you need to find out WHICH characters to gear up. Don't waste gear on characters, you won't be using much any way.

Furthermore, you are level 85 but only very few of your characters are higher than level 80. If you wish to climb in arenas, develop a team with good synergy, level them all to 85 and gear them up. Don't spread your gear and credits all over the place. Work on a few select characters at a time - with only a few 'side projects', which you may focus on later/next. Edit: "You will need credits to level up your characters. Make sure, that you can beat the highest tier of credit heist. You need those credits. A steady income of resources is key to success in this game."

I've been doing that. As I said: i focus on a team ((like Sith)) and then I hit this gear roadblock. i am unable to do anything else so I move on to another group lest my energy points sit there, forever unused. Then THAT team hits the gear block and I move on to the next.