Is this game still being taken care of/updated frquently by the developer?

I realize this is an older game, so I was wondering if it is still healthy and going strong...?

Replies

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    It is. You'll probably get some "the game is dying the devs only care about cash lolololol" replies, but it's doing fine and is being updated regularly.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Short break around the holidays, but other than that we get updates every 2 weeks or so.
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Game is alive and well, management is questionable at best though. I personally believe if you are a brand new player it would be best to avoid the game since it takes so long to catch up to the meta teams unless you are willing to be a f2p casual player. If you’re a returning player it is probably worth returning for.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Docx wrote: »
    Game is alive and well, management is questionable at best though. I personally believe if you are a brand new player it would be best to avoid the game since it takes so long to catch up to the meta teams unless you are willing to be a f2p casual player. If you’re a returning player it is probably worth returning for.

New players are grouped with new players, there is no one to catch up to.
  • Options
    There is plenty to catch up on and to be honest with the recent craziness I wouldn’t recommend this game to people I hate.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

And all the new content made for whales and long time players?
    New player have nothing to look forward. If you still keep playing you do like docx said.

New players have all the existing content they can’t do yet to look forward to. Everything is new to them.
  • Options
    If you are starting today, you just missed a very busy end-of-year period with multiple special events happening every day. There was actually too much to do for a reasonable person ... but many of us are very unreasonable indeed. Right now we are in a bit of a lull, but I expect the devs are busily working up something new to throw at us. Seems like they are a pretty active development group, even if some of their developments are not always popular among the players.
  • aperingo
    173 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    YES! Definitely! I haven't seen a commitment for constant updates, new content, new toons, etc... in other games that can compare to what is happening in this one!
    I love this game and hope it last for 5 more years!
    I think it is all due to the community, I'm sure that I wouldn't have last this long without my guild and guild events! And I'm a day one player

I don't agree with the way things are pointed to "pay to play" to have the best of the best, but apart from that this game is amazing!
  • Options
    Any game you don’t start at launch will require a catch up period. This game has made adjustments throughout to make various challenges easier for new players. There are many aspects older players struggled through but are now not so bad. It’s still worth it to pick up now.
  • Options
    As long as their are suckers (like me) to milk, this game will get the tiny bit of development effort needed to crank out new toons, change metas, and once in a blue moon, recycle some old code into a "new" play mode.
  • Options

Kyno is absolutely right on this one, perhaps the best move they made in this game was to ensure that new players are always grouped with other new players, so it doesn't really matter how far ahead the players are who have been grinding for 3 years.

On the other hand, there will always be some new players in your group who will spend like crazy, so there will always be a whale vs FTP balance issue, but that's the same in any freemium game.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Surprisingly healthy and active given its age.

They have plenty of content to draw from and have released new characters and ships regularly over the 6+ months I've been playing. We also just got a new game mode - Grand Arena.
    Post edited by Rath_Tarr on
  • Zinke7
    194 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Older players get all the Marquee characters for free at 3* with option for 4th star for $9.99.
    New players starting today get middle finger for free and will have to farm few dozens of Marquee characters from 0 to 330 on a single hard node. That is not how game should help new players get ready for legendary events, hero's journeys and especially not for heroic sith raid and without those there is no need to look for decent guild.

Could go on about new gearing standards like the one for Chewbacca event that new players will not reach for few years.
  • Options
    Some people start new accounts because they actually enjoy the diversity you get early on before a server converges to a meta.

I'd definitely encourage anyone to give this game a go.

To give a TV series analogy, sometimes it's better to get into something late where you can binge watch 5 seasons in one go rather than waiting every week for the next episode...
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Roco32373 wrote: »
    I realize this is an older game, so I was wondering if it is still healthy and going strong...?

If you check their earning reports it's doing incredibly well. Not slowing down through the years. The development reflects that as well whether the players like the changes, new things or not.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

New player have nothing to look forward. If you still keep playing you do like docx said.

um, new players have everything to look forward to, that's the point. So sorry you can't be a top player in a game that's years old if you just started. I mean...
    Zinke7 wrote: »
    Older players get all the Marquee characters for free at 3* with option for 4th star for $9.99.
    New players starting today get middle finger for free and will have to farm few dozens of Marquee characters from 0 to 330 on a single hard node. That is not how game should help new players get ready for legendary events, hero's journeys and especially not for heroic sith raid and without those there is no need to look for decent guild.

Could go on about new gearing standards like the one for Chewbacca event that new players will not reach for few years.

lol ok. another super sad story. try finding a decent guild, build up your chars like we all had to. Or maybe just ask the devs to give you revan traya chewie c3 etc, you know, to make it fair...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    A few years to gear BH? Come on.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I've only been playing since October 2018. Since then, the devs have released multiple new characters, new events and a new game mode, plus there is a new ship coming up.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

New players have everything to look forward too, vets only have new content to look forward too.
  • Options
    the answer really depends on what you consider being taken care of. as a computer programmer all i will say is if i acted like these devs when developing the programs i help maintain i would be fired and my professional reputation would be in taters.

this is one of the worst maintained games for the supposed standards they claim to keep. bugs galore. they update and fix what makes them money and nerf what doesnt.

moderators are more active here than the actual developers or anyone who can speak for the game.

its a game in the end and the developers have done alot to take the fun out of the game. so that portion you can say they have been active at least in the last 2 months taking out the fun
  • Options
    I understand the mentality of "Take too long to catch up" if you're used to/have everything unlocked already.

The game does unlock at a pretty good pace, things are always opening up.

One thing I think is important, though it's a double edged sword for sure:

You should be checking out guides/reviews/videos from the Game Changer program (I like Mobile Gamer the best, personally) to keep up on how team builds work, how characters coming out work, etc - even if it will be a while before you unlock them, you also want to know how to play against them when you come across them in battle. Just make sure you don't get discouraged seeing these meta teams, big damage, exclusive teams, etc while you're playing with your 3-4* teams and guilds.

Also, remember friends - while those meta teams take forever, and these new characters unlock so slow - that's based on being in a guild that does heroic raiding - characters only seem useful to you at 7* but for new players with new characters, new guilds, much less * requirement so things are useful much quicker.

I think the game progresses nicely as a new player, as I've been helping my wife build her account up recently.

• TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    the answer really depends on what you consider being taken care of. as a computer programmer all i will say is if i acted like these devs when developing the programs i help maintain i would be fired and my professional reputation would be in taters.

What's taters, precious???
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Just forget about new content being added into the game (as you won't get it for over a year), and you will get overwhelmed by how much content there is as drown. People start new accounts and spend 1,000's to get 1-50 so you will never hit the top of your shard.
  • Options
    Like new shards had full G12 Revans in the first weeks he was in the game and shard was only 2 months old
  • Zinke7
    194 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

lol ok. another super sad story. try finding a decent guild, build up your chars like we all had to. Or maybe just ask the devs to give you revan traya chewie c3 etc, you know, to make it fair...[/quote]

I am in good guild thank you for your concern.
    I do not need hand outs as I can afford to buy what I want.
    All these does not change the fact that just this past summer there were quite few marquee characters that new players starting now will have to farm on single 20 energy hard node form 0 to 330 and that this is not helping new players close gap between older players but actually increases it as most of us that have played this game for a while got 3* version for free and 4* star for small price.

Now go to Feedback Forum and see all complaints how Starter Guilds are killing actual guilds as actual guild can not recruit players as they sit in those starter guilds.
    Then go to Guild section of forum and see what are requirements to join some of the these guilds and ask yourself how (or how long) will it take newer player to reach those requirements.

And just in case you are wondering my guild is not recruiting as we are full.

At some point people have to start looking beyond their needs and acknowledge problem and difficulties that newer players (or any other group of players) are facing and I plan to raise this issue when they do next QOL session and the best part is that you or anybody else can help too.
  • Options

Except that new whales get a much larger advantage over F2P than old whales have versus their respective shard mates.
  • Options
    Amazing game if not best one.
  • Options
    Zinke7 wrote: »
    lol ok. another super sad story. try finding a decent guild, build up your chars like we all had to. Or maybe just ask the devs to give you revan traya chewie c3 etc, you know, to make it fair...

All these does not change the fact that just this past summer there were quite few marquee characters that new players starting now will have to farm on single 20 energy hard node form 0 to 330 and that this is not helping new players close gap between older players but actually increases it as most of us that have played this game for a while got 3* version for free and 4* star for small price.[/quote]

Why would you want to close that gap? As kyno said, new players don't face older players