Months of progress down the drain again!

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    I’m F2P... will get a 6* OT Falcon... this isn’t a great example of F2P dying... if OT Falcon unlocked at 7* then you’d have a point.
    No he wouldn't

The whole point of being Free to Play is that you don't unlock things on the first round and prepare for them on the second or subsequent goes. What's the point of bragging if you are F2P if you get everything Day 1 anyways

Go talk to all the Free to Play who unlocked Revan & will get the OT Falcon on the first go around. Then get back me me.
    I happen to be one of those people... ;)
  • Mucro wrote: »
    Mucro wrote: »
    Why can't I always be the best, why must the meta get switched up every now and then?!

On a serious note, if there is one toon/ship that can beat absolutely everything, that is bad for the game. You need a counter to that, and I'm sure there will be a strategy to counter the falcon also.

I don't see anything ridiculously op in the kit. I'm reasonably sure the current people at the top with bh fleets will have no trouble winning on offense. Some will have rebels and choose to switch but so.e won't. I think either way will be able to win.

With constant dispels on its basic, it will be pretty strong against HT. Not brokenly strong, but still a somewhat effective counter if you combine it with buff immunities etc. Still though, my point stands.

All of which is already available. Run tf and vader for tl and fives dispels ht every time on the basic. With tf for buff immunity it's already not that hard to take out ht.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I’m F2P... will get a 6* OT Falcon... this isn’t a great example of F2P dying... if OT Falcon unlocked at 7* then you’d have a point.
    No he wouldn't

The whole point of being Free to Play is that you don't unlock things on the first round and prepare for them on the second or subsequent goes. What's the point of bragging if you are F2P if you get everything Day 1 anyways

Go talk to all the Free to Play who unlocked Revan & will get the OT Falcon on the first go around. Then get back me me.
    I happen to be one of those people... ;)

I’m In the presence of greatness 😂😅😇
  • @PeterBahama

I think the problem is that you are chasing the meta. First off you will need the HT to get Han's Falcon so its not a waste at all. Second, Han's Falcon will require a lot of investment into other ships that you might not even thought about; Home One, the R1 ships (Bistan's U-Wing and Cassian's U-Wing), and Phoenix Squad ships. Maybe you might not get it this time around, but you would be better prepared for it the next time...
  • Cassius97 wrote: »
    No he wouldn't

Yeah. I believe that the group of free to play that is getting Revan and C3PO and OT Falcon the first time around are just the F2P that have been playing for 2.5-3 years.

There's no way a f2P that started more recently could catch up on all the content enough to be unlocking that stuff on the first go around, unless they for example, just love Ewoks and got lucky.

I have a F2P guy in my guild that hoarded crystals from getting 1st in fleet. (They’ll hoard 30,000... 2.5 months worth of 1st place fleet crystals). Then he gets Revan... he starts taking 1st in Squad arena. That’s another 400-500 crystals a day...

Not sure how long he’s been playing But that’s how you win as Free to play. That makes up to 900 x 30 = 27,000 crystals per month... which honestly effectually that’s more crystals than most p2p buy.

That said my shard is 11 months old. I get 1st in Fleet every day. (12,000 crystals/month). I never hoard crystals haha so I settle for top 500 in arena (and because I don’t really enjoy squad arena). Getting Revan/C3PO would have been incredibly challenging... unlocking OT Falcon... child’s play. All you had to do is spend the energy on those nodes each day since release to unlock it at 5*.

Yep I'm a hoarder now. I have all legendaries except revan and I'm ready for revan. So nothing left to farm that is vital so I slow farm and hoard the crystals for game changing toons. It works.
  • Psst... I’ve been beating your 7* Hound’s Tooth for months without ever bothering to farm it myself. So look on the bright side. At least you have a head start on the farm for the OT Falcon.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Antares wrote: »
    The whole point of being Free to Play is that you don't unlock things on the first round and prepare for them on the second or subsequent goes.

I guess many people would disagree on that statement. The point of being free to play is to not spend money on the game. You can still get stuff in the first go if you manage resources and plan wisely. It’s harder than for paying players, though. That’s really the point , I would say.

Well I guess I could have farmed blood and IG this whole time instead of Jango and Embo who both happen to be two of my favorite all time SW characters. Then I would probably be able to get falcon at 5 or 6 stars on the first time. So essentially I'd be choosing between Jango/Embo or falcon. It's almost brutal to constantly put people in this position.

That's what this game does. You can choose to try and keep up with the latest and greatest, or farm just for what you're interested in. Or pay and do both. Your choice.

Plenty of people farm the second way and don't worry so much about "winning" all the time. Perhaps you'd be happier that way too.

I feel like you might be an employee for CG....

What a ridiculous statement.

Point out a single thing wrong with my post. And furthermore, a CG employee would encourage people to chase the meta to encourage spending. They'd never say to people "hey you can be perfectly happy just doing your own thing."

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    edited January 2019

Not buying this, because I have been farming them since the day they were released and mine literally just hit 5* this weekend. RNG wouldn't account for 85 shards, so I'm assuming you used crystals to refresh the node.

Edit: unless you are suggesting they are 5 star now and will be 6 by then, that's probable, but no way they are 6* now.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Gair wrote: »

Not buying this, because I have been farming them since the day they were released and mine literally just hit 5* this weekend. RNG wouldn't account for 85 shards, so I'm assuming you used crystals to refresh the node.

Edit: unless you are suggesting they are 5 star now and will be 6 by then, that's probable, but no way they are 6* now.

F2P are allowed to refresh nodes last I checked...
  • I have a F2P guy in my guild that hoarded crystals from getting 1st in fleet. (They’ll hoard 30,000... 2.5 months worth of 1st place fleet crystals). Then he gets Revan... he starts taking 1st in Squad arena. That’s another 400-500 crystals a day...

Not sure how long he’s been playing But that’s how you win as Free to play. That makes up to 900 x 30 = 27,000 crystals per month... which honestly effectually that’s more crystals than most p2p buy.

That said my shard is 11 months old. I get 1st in Fleet every day. (12,000 crystals/month). I never hoard crystals haha so I settle for top 500 in arena (and because I don’t really enjoy squad arena). Getting Revan/C3PO would have been incredibly challenging... unlocking OT Falcon... child’s play. All you had to do is spend the energy on those nodes each day since release to unlock it at 5*.

Yeah but you can't save 900 crystals per day if you want to keep up on the latest meta farms and mods. It's realistically more like 200-300 tops. If you want to get to the point where you can unlock meta toons on the first go around you need to be spending 300 on cantina refreshes, 150 on reg refreshes, and 150 on mods, plus ship refreshes.

I guess if your sole focus was farming Bounty Hunter Ships then yeah it'd be easy to get to the 5 stars required, but your average f2p is still finishing off the Revan farming requirements, plus three other things they are still behind on.

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Cassius97 wrote: »
    I have a F2P guy in my guild that hoarded crystals from getting 1st in fleet. (They’ll hoard 30,000... 2.5 months worth of 1st place fleet crystals). Then he gets Revan... he starts taking 1st in Squad arena. That’s another 400-500 crystals a day...

Yeah but you can't save 900 crystals per day if you want to keep up on the latest meta farms and mods. It's realistically more like 200-300 tops. If you want to get to the point where you can unlock meta toons on the first go around you need to be spending 300 on cantina refreshes, 150 on reg refreshes, and 150 on mods, plus ship refreshes.

I guess if your sole focus was farming Bounty Hunter Ships then yeah it'd be easy to get to the 5 stars required, but your average f2p is still finishing off the Revan farming requirements, plus three other things they are still behind on.

Hi.

First in fleet and arena most days. Done with OR. Have 7* Chewie and C3PO. Will have a 6* Falcon. Cut back on cantina and mod refreshes (down to zero past few weeks) in order to throw all my refreshes at the XB and 2000.

Didn't have to spend a dime for any of this.
  • Gair wrote: »

You’re exactly right. Mine are 5* now and I just started refreshing the node (5ish days ago) so I’ll get it 6* by the last day of the event haha.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Gair wrote: »

You’re exactly right. Mine are 5* now and I just started refreshing the node (5ish days ago) so I’ll get it 6* by the last day of the event haha.

Cutting that one close, but it will be worth it.
  • Gair wrote: »

ftps also get crystals? lol

You basically hoard 30,000 crystals. Then once the Old a Republic toons for Revan (or whatever new OP old Republic toon is next) hits shipments you overpay in the short term but it pays off in the long term. After a while you replenish your crystals but you do have to make some sacrifices with refreshes.
  • Deleted
  • TVF wrote: »

Hi.

First in fleet and arena most days. Done with OR. Have 7* Chewie and C3PO. Will have a 6* Falcon. Cut back on cantina and mod refreshes (down to zero past few weeks) in order to throw all my refreshes at the XB and 2000.

Yeah, but you went from like 90 in arena a month ago to 1 now. You've been playing for two plus years and caught a break because you had spent some time on Ewoks is my guess.

A f2p can catch a meta here and there, but they aren't doing it consistently unless they've been playing forever.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

Hi.

Yeah, but you went from like 90 in arena a month ago to 1 now. You've been playing for two plus years and caught a break because you had spent some time on Ewoks is my guess.

A f2p can catch a meta here and there, but they aren't doing it consistently unless they've been playing forever.

Every time the meta shifts, I have some downtime, I find a new counter, I get back up. When everyone was running EP lead I went to JTR and cleaned up. When Traya came to town I was down for a while, then found the Magma counter, then went back to JTR with super high CC. Revan knocked me down, C3PO got me back up.

It's all about making adjustments. And that ignores fleet, which I've been top 2 in consistently since before fleet 2.0. And that ignores the fact that I've built a 22k crystal stash (maybe 6k of which was purchased). So I could have easily still done everything I've done without spending a dime and without hitting first in arena, it just means I wouldn't have built the stash up.

Maybe I'm not the average (mostly) f2p, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    At this point there seems to be nothing I can do to prevent the inevitable. The game is moving at a pace much faster than mine and I can't keep up.

Repeatable patterns equally frustrating to the eventuality that you will realize you are always behind and never ahead is the motto of this game. The algorithm that is happening here is also your tool to predict.

Sith ships my friend.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Antares wrote: »
    The whole point of being Free to Play is that you don't unlock things on the first round and prepare for them on the second or subsequent goes.

I guess many people would disagree on that statement. The point of being free to play is to not spend money on the game. You can still get stuff in the first go if you manage resources and plan wisely. It’s harder than for paying players, though. That’s really the point , I would say.

This.

F2p will always have trouble "keeping up with the Jones", that doesnt mean you cant do it, it's just harder and takes more care to "do it right".

Also, no previous meta is "down the drain", even droids that were never really meta, but never show up in arena since the first 6-8 months of the game, are a waste. New toons/synergy always brings them back to some level of usefulness.

There is more to the game than arena, TW,GA, and TB all make many toons carry usefulness longer.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    CLS meta didn't even go down the drain in arena. Or at least, it crawled back up the drain after C3PO came out.
  • As a ftp you have a couple of options in this game.....

1- Worry about being a very best try hard and having to have the new and shiny right away managing your resources down to the very last crystal and credit...

2- enjoy the game and skip a meta here and there and pick and choose what you wish to work towards .....

It's really that simple......
  • TVF wrote: »
    Every time the meta shifts, I have some downtime, I find a new counter, I get back up. When everyone was running EP lead I went to JTR and cleaned up. When Traya came to town I was down for a while, then found the Magma counter, then went back to JTR with super high CC. Revan knocked me down, C3PO got me back up.

It's all about making adjustments. And that ignores fleet, which I've been top 2 in consistently since before fleet 2.0. And that ignores the fact that I've built a 22k crystal stash (maybe 6k of which was purchased). So I could have easily still done everything I've done without spending a dime and without hitting first in arena, it just means I wouldn't have built the stash up.

There is no such thing as mostly f2p. You either are or you aren't.

I suppose its theoretically possible that a f2p could be unlocking all the metas if they don't have 3 years under their belts.
    Just highly, highly unlikely.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited January 2019

I suppose its theoretically possible that a f2p could be unlocking all the metas if they don't have 3 years under their belts.

It's shorthand. The difference between a f2p and myself (who has spent $60 over roughly 20 months and would still be sitting on 16k of crystals if I hadn't spent a dime) is negligible. That $60 was basically a thank you for a game I enjoy, it didn't buy me anything that I have. I've had to make the same choices as a f2p.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I'm mostly vegan. :wink:

I get ya. I’m 100% F2P and kind of cringe when light spenders call themselves F2P.

That said is it a big deal if someone who spends $10 here and there calls themselves a F2P? Not really. It’s fine by me.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    That said is it a big deal if someone who spends $10 here and there calls themselves a F2P? Not really. It’s fine by me.

Exactly.

I can start calling myself a $60 player if it's really that important. Which it isn't.
  • Games much more fun when I don't take it too serious. Maybe take a swgoh vacation.
  • It’s EA; ‘f2p friendly’ is certainly not their motto.
    Where are the Stun Guns?

I get ya. I’m 100% F2P and kind of cringe when light spenders call themselves F2P.

And I, as a light spending minnow, kind of cringe at all the "ftp" posts that complain about not being able to get the new and shiny first time around .......

I will let you in on a secret...... There is no pride in being FTP...... There is also no pridee in being a whale...... There are just players that play a game and do what they want.....

Just be happy with your accomplishments in the game..... Enjoy it, enjoy your interactions with your guild etc......