Months of progress down the drain again!

1235Next

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Cassius97 wrote: »
    I have a F2P guy in my guild that hoarded crystals from getting 1st in fleet. (They’ll hoard 30,000... 2.5 months worth of 1st place fleet crystals). Then he gets Revan... he starts taking 1st in Squad arena. That’s another 400-500 crystals a day...

Not sure how long he’s been playing But that’s how you win as Free to play. That makes up to 900 x 30 = 27,000 crystals per month... which honestly effectually that’s more crystals than most p2p buy.

That said my shard is 11 months old. I get 1st in Fleet every day. (12,000 crystals/month). I never hoard crystals haha so I settle for top 500 in arena (and because I don’t really enjoy squad arena). Getting Revan/C3PO would have been incredibly challenging... unlocking OT Falcon... child’s play. All you had to do is spend the energy on those nodes each day since release to unlock it at 5*.

Yeah but you can't save 900 crystals per day if you want to keep up on the latest meta farms and mods. It's realistically more like 200-300 tops. If you want to get to the point where you can unlock meta toons on the first go around you need to be spending 300 on cantina refreshes, 150 on reg refreshes, and 150 on mods, plus ship refreshes.

I guess if your sole focus was farming Bounty Hunter Ships then yeah it'd be easy to get to the 5 stars required, but your average f2p is still finishing off the Revan farming requirements, plus three other things they are still behind on.

Hi.

First in fleet and arena most days. Done with OR. Have 7* Chewie and C3PO. Will have a 6* Falcon. Cut back on cantina and mod refreshes (down to zero past few weeks) in order to throw all my refreshes at the XB and 2000.

Didn't have to spend a dime for any of this.

Yeah, but you went from like 90 in arena a month ago to 1 now. You've been playing for two plus years and caught a break because you had spent some time on Ewoks is my guess.

A f2p can catch a meta here and there, but they aren't doing it consistently unless they've been playing forever.

And that ignores the fact that I've built a 22k crystal stash (maybe 6k of which was purchased)..

Hypocrite.
    You can try to look smart, but youre clearly not. Youre where you are because you spend on the game. This statement of yours prove youre not FTP.
    FTP is a one way road. Once you go P2Win youll always be there as all your current crystal income benefits from your previous spending step by step.

This is flat out wrong. Unsurprisingly.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I'll never understand the oh so proud ftp player. Guess which game they would play without the whales/minnows/guppies/tadpoles/deadgoldfish?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I'll never understand the oh so proud ftp player. Guess which game they would play without the whales/minnows/guppies/tadpoles/deadgoldfish?

Any game where i knew that if i spent 5K it would make a difference.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Antares wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    The whole point of being Free to Play is that you don't unlock things on the first round and prepare for them on the second or subsequent goes.

I guess many people would disagree on that statement. The point of being free to play is to not spend money on the game. You can still get stuff in the first go if you manage resources and plan wisely. It’s harder than for paying players, though. That’s really the point , I would say.

Well I guess I could have farmed blood and IG this whole time instead of Jango and Embo who both happen to be two of my favorite all time SW characters. Then I would probably be able to get falcon at 5 or 6 stars on the first time. So essentially I'd be choosing between Jango/Embo or falcon. It's almost brutal to constantly put people in this position.

That's what this game does. You can choose to try and keep up with the latest and greatest, or farm just for what you're interested in. Or pay and do both. Your choice.

Plenty of people farm the second way and don't worry so much about "winning" all the time. Perhaps you'd be happier that way too.

I feel like you might be an employee for CG....

either that or someone who drank way way too much koolaid and doesnt understand the idea of entertainment while playing a GAME
  • That's what this game does. You can choose to try and keep up with the latest and greatest, or farm just for what you're interested in. Or pay and do both. Your choice.

Plenty of people farm the second way and don't worry so much about "winning" all the time. Perhaps you'd be happier that way too.

Except if you don't "win" you can't do the farming because "winning" is how you get the stuff you need to power your toons up.

There's been too many new toons.
  • That is the natural progression of the game, but yes I agree the pace is way too fast right now.
  • Tie reaper, enfys and Traya are all still very good, although i can get behind the Enfys argument.

SWGOH has a very friendly f2p model compared to most but it requires smart farming and planning.
  • Having been someone who stuck with mace since the very beginning I was enjoying the extra crystals I got from his meta....
    However now that’s changed I am also enjoying the extra time not spent in the game. Sometimes easier to accept your off the pace of the new meta, enter the battle, forfeit and then do something else fun instead.
  • It boggles my mind that some people complain so much about free stuff. "I'm a P2P and I want this and I want that, and this game is stupid because I don't get it for free."

Can one of you avowed P2P'ers tell us all how you justify complaining so vehemently about something that you take from without giving back? And please don't tell me "that whales need us F2P'ers to beat on." No, they don't. They largely prefer to compete with each other. Some would say it's the competition that drives them, and they don't view you as competition. You're doing them no favors, they are doing you many.

I play two completely F2P accounts, with varying levels of diligence. Sometimes they get the most recent legendary at 5*s (Chewie, OG Falcon), sometimes they don't (3PO). One of them is ready for Revan, one of them isn't close. One of them can unlock Traya but hasn't (why bother when that gear is saved up for Revan). One of them is still running zEP and is a preferred target of every lousy Bastila and decent NS team on its shard. It can beat Traya, but it drops like a hot rock. I don't begrudge any of this. It's the nature of the game.

While I don't agree with everything CG has done with this property (Ships 2.0 deployment and gear gate implementation of the new legendary events), the complaints by some on this board are staggeringly entitled.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    TVF
    I have a F2P guy in my guild that hoarded crystals from getting 1st in fleet. (They’ll hoard 30,000... 2.5 months worth of 1st place fleet crystals). Then he gets Revan... he starts taking 1st in Squad arena. That’s another 400-500 crystals a day...

Not sure how long he’s been playing But that’s how you win as Free to play. That makes up to 900 x 30 = 27,000 crystals per month... which honestly effectually that’s more crystals than most p2p buy.

That said my shard is 11 months old. I get 1st in Fleet every day. (12,000 crystals/month). I never hoard crystals haha so I settle for top 500 in arena (and because I don’t really enjoy squad arena). Getting Revan/C3PO would have been incredibly challenging... unlocking OT Falcon... child’s play. All you had to do is spend the energy on those nodes each day since release to unlock it at 5*.

Yeah but you can't save 900 crystals per day if you want to keep up on the latest meta farms and mods. It's realistically more like 200-300 tops. If you want to get to the point where you can unlock meta toons on the first go around you need to be spending 300 on cantina refreshes, 150 on reg refreshes, and 150 on mods, plus ship refreshes.

I guess if your sole focus was farming Bounty Hunter Ships then yeah it'd be easy to get to the 5 stars required, but your average f2p is still finishing off the Revan farming requirements, plus three other things they are still behind on.

Hi.

First in fleet and arena most days. Done with OR. Have 7* Chewie and C3PO. Will have a 6* Falcon. Cut back on cantina and mod refreshes (down to zero past few weeks) in order to throw all my refreshes at the XB and 2000.

Didn't have to spend a dime for any of this.

Yeah, but you went from like 90 in arena a month ago to 1 now. You've been playing for two plus years and caught a break because you had spent some time on Ewoks is my guess.

A f2p can catch a meta here and there, but they aren't doing it consistently unless they've been playing forever.

And that ignores the fact that I've built a 22k crystal stash (maybe 6k of which was purchased)..

Hypocrite.
    You can try to look smart, but youre clearly not. Youre where you are because you spend on the game. This statement of yours prove youre not FTP.
    FTP is a one way road. Once you go P2Win youll always be there as all your current crystal income benefits from your previous spending step by step.

TVF? Not smart?!

Hahahahaha...
    You’re wrong.

(Ok I went overboard with the “ha’s”
  • I remember finishing up my tie reaper only to see it nerfed out of existence shortly after. I remember finishing my Enfys as a counter to Revan only to see her nerfed while being called a "fix". I watch all these people in my guild finishing up their Trayas only to see her power flushed down the drain by Revan and CLS. Now I am getting close to 7 star Hounds tooth only to see the new falcon erase it.

At this point there seems to be nothing I can do to prevent the inevitable. The game is moving at a pace much faster than mine and I can't keep up. I understand that money is clearly more important to the devs than the health of the game but this has to stop.

ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END, I don't think anyone disagrees with that statement. But the end keeps coming way too soon and coincidentally it seems to come right as the f2p are starting to catch up and things are becoming available to them. We have the Marquee cadence, we all agree that it's in the game's best interest to make things premium for a few months and then make them freely available, but then you nerf them shortly after they become available and right after everyone is done farming them...

IMHO the Hounds Tooth practically broke fleet battles and turned them into slow, boring slogfests that ended in draws way too often. I look at the Falcon as a "fix" for that, and one that couldn't come too soon.

I hear what you're saying, though. The game is specifically designed to dangle a carrot in front of your face, and then move the carrot as soon as you get there. The only reason this doesn't upset me is because I choose to ignore some of the carrots, otherwise I'd rage quite.
  • Scottacus wrote: »
    I remember finishing up my tie reaper only to see it nerfed out of existence shortly after. I remember finishing my Enfys as a counter to Revan only to see her nerfed while being called a "fix". I watch all these people in my guild finishing up their Trayas only to see her power flushed down the drain by Revan and CLS. Now I am getting close to 7 star Hounds tooth only to see the new falcon erase it.

At this point there seems to be nothing I can do to prevent the inevitable. The game is moving at a pace much faster than mine and I can't keep up. I understand that money is clearly more important to the devs than the health of the game but this has to stop.

ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END, I don't think anyone disagrees with that statement. But the end keeps coming way too soon and coincidentally it seems to come right as the f2p are starting to catch up and things are becoming available to them. We have the Marquee cadence, we all agree that it's in the game's best interest to make things premium for a few months and then make them freely available, but then you nerf them shortly after they become available and right after everyone is done farming them...

IMHO the Hounds Tooth practically broke fleet battles and turned them into slow, boring slogfests that ended in draws way too often. I look at the Falcon as a "fix" for that, and one that couldn't come too soon.

I hear what you're saying, though. The game is specifically designed to dangle a carrot in front of your face, and then move the carrot as soon as you get there. The only reason this doesn't upset me is because I choose to ignore some of the carrots, otherwise I'd rage quite.

Well it's more like the carrot gets stuck in places no vegetable was meant to go but I get your meaning. Agree that HT with Mace was a slog and Falcon fights with Ackbar go much faster and more evenly.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    Scottacus wrote: »
    I remember finishing up my tie reaper only to see it nerfed out of existence shortly after. I remember finishing my Enfys as a counter to Revan only to see her nerfed while being called a "fix". I watch all these people in my guild finishing up their Trayas only to see her power flushed down the drain by Revan and CLS. Now I am getting close to 7 star Hounds tooth only to see the new falcon erase it.

Well it's more like the carrot gets stuck in places no vegetable was meant to go but I get your meaning. Agree that HT with Mace was a slog and Falcon fights with Ackbar go much faster and more evenly.

I don't know in what universe this guy lives but in the one I do, HT didn't have any of the effects he described other than the fact that it slowed down battles by a little. I have yet to see the time outs he descibes and no the falcon isn't just a counter to HT, it's much more than that. Including a ship that can't be targeted by anything until it's the last ship alive and a ship that guarantees victory. If they just wanted to counter HT they could literally have it as a powerful reinforcement ship that inflicts unremovable health down, and a dispel with a strong hit. Or even penetrate protection and go straight into health. Not to mention that Anakin already kind of countered HT
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    @TVF is so wrong. on the number of ha's, I mean.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

I don't know in what universe this guy lives but in the one I do, HT didn't have any of the effects he described other than the fact that it slowed down battles by a little. I have yet to see the time outs he descibes and no the falcon isn't just a counter to HT, it's much more than that. Including a ship that can't be targeted by anything until it's the last ship alive and a ship that guarantees victory. If they just wanted to counter HT they could literally have it as a powerful reinforcement ship that inflicts unremovable health down, and a dispel with a strong hit. Or even penetrate protection and go straight into health. Not to mention that Anakin already kind of countered HT

I live in the real universe, the same as you. Our experiences simply differ from one another.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
    APX_919 wrote: »

I live in the real universe, the same as you. Our experiences simply differ from one another.

Except I've heard almost nobody complain about time outs due to HT and I've never been timed out by HT so his statement is clearly exaggerated or he may have a very weak fleet and he's barely holding on to his shard