Bossk Farm

So I checked everyone's favorite third party site to see how much longer this shard farm is going to take, and it said that 1 shard per day is the expected drop without refreshes. That SUCKS. Sounds a little worse than what I've been getting, but that is really ****. That means he takes a year to 7*. Is that really what the devs wanted for him? Seems a bit ridiculous. Not to mention, means Chewbacca is a LONG ways off if it's a year to get ONE BH to 7*. This just seems a bit ridiculous, so maybe some math is off, or there are some other ways to go about this, but as far as I know, it's just the one hard node, and it generally is about 1/5 there, so... He's been at 4* for months with me farming every day, and looking at the numbers now, I'm kind of wondering if I should bother. Thoughts of just quitting the game creep back, as this is just plain ridiculous. I can't spend all my f-ing energy every day for the next 6 months (spending crystals for refreshes) just to get character shards for ONE TOON. If that's really the game, at this point, then I need to find a new game to invest in. By the time I get him there, I'll have added no gear to anyone for that long and will have sunk like a rock in all arenas and other areas of the game. And that's ONE BH. Forget that Jango comes next and is in a similar boat. So... I get Chewbacca three years from now and then start in on Ewoks. I remember the satisfaction of advancing in the game early on. Now every day it's just log in, sim everything, collect a few things, make no progress in any way, log off. Repeat. I get a few Arena battles that MIGHT be fun, but it's all really just to stay at the same rank, that's all. My gear is so heavily bottlenecked at this point, adding a piece or two a week is somehow amazing. The game is really starting to feel like, "What's the **** point." They need to stop releasing toons that only end game players or whales can get. I've spent a fair amount of money, too, and now can only say I'll never spend another penny, as this is where it's gotten me, after a year and a half. So, yeah, this is a bit of a rant, and maybe part of this should go in General Discussion, but at the same time, the point remains that when on character shard farm is this obscene, where does it leave the game in general.

Replies

• Not sure where you are finding that bossk has a reduced drop rate (my personal experience hasn’t found it to be so, and I only have 6 shards remaining on him, perhaps it is an outdated site that hasn’t updated the number of attempts per day?); it is generally accepted that EVERY hard and cantina node shard farm has a drop rate of 30- 33% given a sufficient sample size.

Hard nodes are in a miles better place right now than ever before. Eight attempts per day (which if you monitor, should be netting you 2.4-2.6 shards a day) and 25 crystal refeshes is amazing; when the game launched (and for a long time after) it was 3 attempts per day, and 50 crystals for a refresh, so farming a character up free from an early release actually could take the better part of year.
  • Yup, regular drop rates and cheap refreshes. No need for a wall of text rant.
  • 1st Energy refresh is like 50 crystals. 1st hard node attempts refresh is like 25 crystals. And the drop rate is closer to 30%? If you're willing to do 16 attempts a day, that's close to 5 shards a day. You'll be done within 2 months if you choose to.

But if you prefer to just whine and take like a year to finish the farm, that's your choice.