Is anyone else hyped about this TW?

Prev1
Honestly I understand all the complaining about it, I won't judge you for hating but I have to say I'm actually kind of excited to see what happens!

I won't be able to use my Traya, my imperial troopers, or my FO and my nightsisters will be short one member. On the flip side this opportunity allows me to use my g11 embo since I'll have to cover Dengar's spot. Also running Palpatine with no Nihilus will be interesting. I'm also glad I won't be seeing any Enfys because I just hate that character and I have a deep wish that she was erased from the game. Also remodding will be a little annoying but that's alright.

I get that you paid alot of cash to use Revan but honestly if you can afford that then your roster probably goes deeper than most players any ways. I haven't been this excited for a TW in a while and that tells you something. After all what's the worst thing that can happen? You don't get to enjoy one TW? I'm sure you will but even if you don't it's still just one.

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm excited to see what I can do since my roster is deep. But probably most of my guild will just join the protest bandwagon instead of genuinely trying their best at it.
    Post edited by No_Try on
  • Erm, I didn't think we were allowed to say this? You mean it's ok to have different opinions? Wow.
  • Geshtianna
    240 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm definitely hyped, and would like more of these shaking up. I don't want to see the same teams over and over again in up to 3 game modes. 1 is enough, that's arena, and if you want to face such teams daily, then they should be sent to GW or something.

I hope we see more insane GWs, like opposite day, and stats are all inverted, and we have a TW where G1 Gammorean Guard and Lobot and so on are the best. Or like disabling all leader abilities, or no uniques. What fun is there where it's all meta teams with clearly-defined counters?
  • I hated the clown buffs before, i hate those bans. I’m still hyped for this tw though since it’s the first we get in a long time and we have no choice anyway but to play it as it is or not play it all.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Cheers OP. Nice to see some positivity from you for once.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I am reserving all judgment until after. Some are saying it will be fun, others that the world is ending.... never know until you try, but I not too hopeful.
  • IDinDooNuffin
    459 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    TW is a waste of effort in general. Lets face it hours of "working" to maybe get 1 extra zeta and a couple omegas.

Until winning a TW gives us a winners reward (new toon hint hint) I dont care how many toons are erased. The end result is the same. Nearly identical rewards win or lose.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • I’ve never been hyped about TW. One of the most arduous game modes for me. Constantly checking into see where the guilds is at is not fun at all.
  • No, I just spent an hour remdoding toons and think they just took an awesome game mode and made it completely stupid
  • c1ever_pun
    357 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    No. The only reason I'm even participating is so I don't leave my guild short handed, they've been very good to me. I understand the need to shake things up, I get tired of facing the same teams every time too, but there's probably 100 better ways that they could have accomplished the same thing.
  • Smarty
    35 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm a leader of a guild.

You took out some my members best toons.

I told them they can skip TW if they like as I agree that it's stupid

Where was the option to vote against this? Was it just on the forums? If so then that's very silly. About 80% of people signed up here just to complain. You will never make these people happy I'm afraid.

If I missed the alert on the game to vote then I apologise but I play every day and didn't get one

I know the devs work hard and have a lot of grief thrown their way but this was a bad choice
  • This so sooo dumb. Why would you do this?! Ive spent so much time/resources on toons that i cant use now. What is the point? To punish the people/guilds that put in the extra work? I just cant wrap my head around this.
  • You're all missing the point, next TW it will be different toons
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    You're all missing the point, next TW it will be different toons

Relevance?

Ps. Has anyone explained what the point of this lame new tw is, or what it possibly could be?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • jxq7adodz977.jpg

This is me right now lol
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

Relevance?

Ps. Has anyone explained what the point of this lame new tw is, or what it possibly could be?

To try new teams?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Smarty wrote: »
    I'm a leader of a guild.

You took out some my members best toons.

I told them they can skip TW if they like as I agree that it's stupid

Where was the option to vote against this? Was it just on the forums? If so then that's very silly. About 80% of people signed up here just to complain. You will never make these people happy I'm afraid.

If I missed the alert on the game to vote then I apologise but I play every day and didn't get one

I know the devs work hard and have a lot of grief thrown their way but this was a bad choice

There was no option to vote against it. There was only an option to vote for which groups of characters would be banned, and that was linked from the forums.
  • You're all missing the point, next TW it will be different toons

Youre right, i am missing the point. Can you explain to us all what the point is? Different toons next time isnt the answer, its a continuation of the problem.
  • exel2000
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Hey guys, you know those characters you painstakingly farmed with horrendously bad drop rates and wasted crystals on for months and months? Yeah, you can’t use those.
  • Gifafi wrote: »

Relevance?

To make/"encourage" players (especially whales and dolphins) to spend to widen their rosters and level/gear/mod everyone to "be prepared" for future TW bannings.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

do you have a source for that idea?

Love it or hate it, lets try not to make this out to be worse than it already is.
    fg74a09gzsy9.png

Here is what i found. Maybe you have a different source for information about TWs.
  • It's garbage. What's fun about not using toons I invested in, that's a pseudo money grab to try to get me to develop ones I don't want to use. I don't like it.
  • I’ll try to say this in a way that doesn’t insult the whiners. Is facing a wall of Revan/Bastilla, then a CLS wall, then a NS wall, Traya wall, etc again and again and again really that exciting?

How dare the devs try to get guilds to try new tactics and use older toons! This is outrage! Malarkey! Grab the pitch forks and torches!

“Wah! I can’t use my OP (insert one of many toons here) that I worked hard to get!”

If you don’t like it, skip TWs or quit completely. You can still use your toons in arena, TB, events, GA, Raids...literally everywhere else. And its not like these toons are off TW permanently. Good grief.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Fear_77 wrote: »
    I’ll try to say this in a way that doesn’t insult the whiners. Is facing a wall of Revan/Bastilla, then a CLS wall, then a NS wall, Traya wall, etc again and again and again really that exciting?

How dare the devs try to get guilds to try new tactics and use older toons! This is outrage! Malarkey! Grab the pitch forks and torches!

“Wah! I can’t use my OP (insert one of many toons here) that I worked hard to get!”

If you don’t like it, skip TWs or quit completely. You can still use your toons in arena, TB, events, GA, Raids...literally everywhere else. And its not like these toons are off TW permanently. Good grief.

Well at least a few people here get it.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Told my guild already, I’ll deploy a few things defensively as directed, but I’m not wasting my time participating with offense. Officers already handed out the free pass, and the majority of my guild is content with accepting the default rewards.

This is a prime example of innovation gone wrong, where there are 100 other examples of drafting methods that have proven to be successful considering the style/structure of this game. Plus, the unfair aspect of the devs picking their own banned category no matter how the community voted.

Do I get excited about the same TW over and over? No. But there’s purpose to it - of getting to compare the development of my teams every week to see how much better I’m fairing in comparison to the week before. This is just some wonky idea with zero consideration for thenplayer base’s investments in our rosters.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Getting pretty tired of the Devs telling me how I should play this game. This TW style is only good for freeplay Timmy Noobshoes and his/her feelings.
  • exel2000 wrote: »
    Hey guys, you know those characters you painstakingly farmed with horrendously bad drop rates and wasted crystals on for months and months? Yeah, you can’t use those.

It's rather: "Hey guys, you know those characters you've farmed with the usual ~30% drop rates and spent crystals on for months and months? Yeah, you can't use those for a single event. Let me repeat that. A single event! They can be used in other game modes, and will return to future TWs, so it's a trivially small issue."

• Fauztin wrote: »
    Told my guild already, I’ll deploy a few things defensively as directed, but I’m not wasting my time participating with offense. Officers already handed out the free pass, and the majority of my guild is content with accepting the default rewards.

Wow, sounds like crappy guild. There's no rational reason to not participate. Your opponent guild is just as handicapped as your guild is, so your chances of winning the war has not diminished. The only difference is that people have to theorycraft and discover some new synergies and strategies. Oh the humanity!
This discussion has been closed.