Is some gear more rare than other?

I assume purple gear are the rarest, since I seem to get 1 for 100 energy spent on average (can be worse).

But are some pieces of blue gear even more rare!?!?
There's a MK-IV laptop looking thing that I've just spent 300 energy to get 4 of.... (6 energy at a time, that's a total of 50 attempts).
So on average its gonna take me more than 10 attempts to get 1 of them.... (And I need 20. So 200 attempts.... For 1 blue gear slot).

That's very discouraging.... -_-

But do all pieces of the same color share rarity?
Or each piece is different?
Also where you attempt to farm it from, does that affect the chance to drop?

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Yep - purple are the hardest. Welcome to "Star Wars: Grinding of Heroes" :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Yep - purple are the hardest. Welcome to "Star Wars: Grinding of Heroes" :)

Still didn't answer a single one of my questions, but ok. Lol.

Guess I could've been more specific in the title.
  • The community has asked these questions directly to the developers many times.
    It's in the list of frequently asked questions that they *say* they are working on answers for.
    Fact of the matter is, they haven't told us anything at all about these mechanics.
    Anyone who thinks they know is just speculating based on their anecdotal experience.
  • Ok, so far mist questions I have are the same questions many of you have been asking for a while and we've yet to get answers for.

Well that makes me feel better; not the only one scratching his head. Lol.
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    I assume purple gear are the rarest, since I seem to get 1 for 100 energy spent on average (can be worse).

But are some pieces of blue gear even more rare!?!?
    There's a MK-IV laptop looking thing that I've just spent 300 energy to get 4 of.... (6 energy at a time, that's a total of 50 attempts).
    So on average its gonna take me more than 10 attempts to get 1 of them.... (And I need 20. So 200 attempts.... For 1 blue gear slot).

That's very discouraging.... -_-

But do all pieces of the same color share rarity?
    Or each piece is different?
    Also where you attempt to farm it from, does that affect the chance to drop?

I think you are talking about the ones that only show the laptop outline.

Sometimes those seem tough to get but go read the threads about purple stun cuffs and mk4 laptops.

I don't farm gear on a regular basis cause it is frustrating and causes this lack of Sim tickets you hear about.

Good luck