Sid
Lumi
Daka (6*)

Max geared.

Replies

• Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Easy, kill 88 the game is over. I've never lost to that team if 88 dies. I usually try to stun 86 with dooku it happens fairly enough. Basically same team as you except Kylo vs daka.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Disagree.

Take out GS first and then focus on I-86, then I-88
  • 88 1st for sure, then go for 86 or GS
  • BillyBeans wrote: »
    Poggle lead
    Poe
    GS

All 7*, max geared

I have a hard time beating them...

My main arena team is
    QGJ
    Dooku
    Sid
    Lumi
    Daka (6*)

Max geared.

That is a rough team to face. When I face that team I go for IG-88 first and hope that I one hit him so he doesn't lay waste to my team and ability block them all. Then of course go after Poe until you can remove his taunt with QGJ. After that your choice between 86 and GS I personally go for 86 then GS. My team has several characters with counter...Not named Dooku... and that helps to whittle the other team down so most attacks are finishing blows. This is not a surefire guide of how to beat that team, because I lose to it plenty on offense, but I beat it the majority of the time with that sequence.

• JohnnyMakeBelieve
    204 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I'd say try to stun either 88 or GS with Dooku, if stun swap to the other and try to burst him down asap, if not stun then keep killing either one, I'd say 88 because easier to kill and he'll devastate your whole team and not just 1 character as GS would.

Edit: If you did farm EK for the Yoda even, I'd say swap him with Dooku for battling these teams, his stun is a whole lot more reliable and he'll still go before they all do with QGJ as lead
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    IG-88 for sure. After that I would focus on IG-86 instead GS due to his lower HP, easier to kill. GS and the rest.

But your team has a lack of damage there. It is not a simple task to beat them...
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    DarthCyren wrote: »
    Disagree.

Your team will be wrecked by then. 88 first.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »
    Disagree.

+1
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    BillyBeans wrote: »
    Poggle lead
    Poe
    GS

All 7*, max geared

I have a hard time beating them...

My main arena team is
    QGJ
    Dooku
    Sid
    Lumi
    Daka (6*)

Max geared.

Do you have anyone with more DPS than Sid?
  • DarthCyren wrote: »
    Disagree.

I rephrase: Use Daka/Dooku to stun IG-88, focus on neutralizing GS First, wipe out IG-88 and IG-86 along the way.
  • Kill 88 first, 86 second. I don't think I've ever lost to this team using that strategy.

Why 86 second and not GS? 86 is more squishy, so you are likely to kill him before he acts. GS has more hps, so you probably will only wound him. Plus he is fast, so he's likely to act before you can kill him. If you kill 86, you can kill him before he can use his assist.

Once those two are dead, Poggle buffs.....Poe, GS, and himself. Sometimes he doesn't even buff GS because GS can get offense up by himself anyways. Now if GS calls assist he's only calling Poe or Poggle, neither who you should worry about dps-wise.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Disagree.

+1
  • Actually, looking at your arena team now, you would have a hard time killing 88 and 86 before Poe acts. Your team is too low dps. It would rely a lot on Daka and Doku stuns.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    I may try Poggle believe it or not. If he buffs, it's over. Or maybe stun either poggle or 88 and kill the other.
  • Sub Eeth Koth for Sid. Then you can stun 88 and ability block him then take out GS. Then go back to 88 to finish him.
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...
  • Thanks. Yeah, I have Eeth at 7* for Yoda.

I am like 50% win against them. Normally don't lose other battles, but this team always sits in top10 on my way to #1 at payout...

Thanks for the tips. I can hit 88 with Dooku stun and then wether he stuns or not, I finish him with QGJ and assist. Then Poe taunts, while at least 1 of my guys gets 1shot by GS or 86 assist.

Thanks for the tips, guys!

Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Once you take out 88, whether or not Poe taunts it's not really a problem, by then your QGJ will remove that taunt and proceed to take out 86.
    Kill Order, 88-86-GS-Poggle-Poe
  • Ig88 or his aoe will destroy your team
  • my current team came from having to swim through a patch of this team in my arena. 7 of them in top 30, always grouped.
    Turn one
    Yoda- hit 88
    Dooku -stun poggle
    Qgj - ha on 88
    Koth - stun 86
    Lumi - a block Gs
    Turn 2
    Yoda finish 86
    Mop up Gs with the rest, then just poggle and Poe

Works well if you have them

• Baldo wrote: »
    Disagree.

+1

+1
  • I'd say try to stun either 88 or GS with Dooku, if stun swap to the other and try to burst him down asap, if not stun then keep killing either one, I'd say 88 because easier to kill and he'll devastate your whole team and not just 1 character as GS would.

Edit: If you did farm EK for the Yoda even, I'd say swap him with Dooku for battling these teams, his stun is a whole lot more reliable and he'll still go before they all do with QGJ as lead

Agree.
  • You team needs more speed and DPS to beat him, I will recommend using GS, even if he is only 5-6star, make sure that he has a speed of 149.
  • Always stun Poggle with dooku if you don't your done, if he boots the team your toast
  • Poggle first. If he gets to power up the team its over.
  • Try IG88 1st. The only question I have, whether or not you have the team to take him out before Poe taunts. Poggle is tough, but I tend not to focus on him right away as others are deadly. Next would be 86, then GS. After that, whoever's lowest in hp.

Expect to lose toons in this battle, but if you keep pace, or 1 up opponent, you should be fine.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • 88, 86.. Use QJ to remove taunt from Poe, GS... Then whoever is weakest first.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I always attack IG-88 first with my Dooku but if my Dooku failure to stun him, the the game is already over.

Other option you can win the game..if your dooku/Daka able to stun IG-88.

Lucky way if your daka able to res herself and then revived the whole team backs.. lol
  • It's not a question of who to kill 1st, it's a question of who can u kill 1st. Try to stun poggle 1st. If he get damage and speed boost on 88 and 86 ur dead. If he gets his buff off b4 you can kill him focus 88 then 86. And drop one of ur healers for a taunt. Heals mean nothing if the enemy is built to wreck 2 of ur guys b4 u get a full turn.
  • IG-88 dies first.

Your team is similar to mine so I'm a little surprised you are having a hard time against it. Sometimes RNG just wrecks though. These are the team speeds if I'm not mistaken:

Your team: 161, 160, 153, 141, 136
    His team: 149, 142, 142, 116, 116
    His sequence: GS assist attack, Poggle buff, Poe taunt, (IG-88 is dead), 86 assist ability (if alive)

You will get the first 3 attacks. Dooku lightning IG-88, QGJ assist attack IG-88, if IG-88 isn't dead use Sid's aoe if it will kill him or basic attack him if it won't, if IG-86 is dead use either of Sid's attacks on IG-86, his GS assist attacks and may kill someone, Poggle buffs, Poe most likely taunts, Lumi either attacks Poe or heals if needed, Daka attacks Poe (even if someone is dead I prefer saving her heal/revive for later). IG-86 assist attacks and is probably lethal. At this point you want to dispel Poe's taunt with QGJ if he is still alive or nuke Poe if your QGJ died, then focus GS unless you can easily finish off Poe first without wasting a bunch of damage. Poggle and/or Poe should be easy to clean up after GS goes down. Daka and Lumi cooldowns are judgment calls throughout the fight.

The only major issue you may have is if QGJ gets nuked before he can dispel Poe's taunt AND you get terrible RNG. I usually finish this match with 4 characters alive, or 2-3 with bad RNG using QGJ (L), GS, Yoda, Sid, and Lumi/Daka.

How have you been approaching this fight?