I'm switching gears

I have decided after repeatedly failing to get good characters when they come around by being an FTP player that now I am going to switch to " fun SWGOH". Where I am not farming characters based on the latest meta or TW or GA or Fleet I'm going to farm characters factions and teams I love in hopes of enjoying the game more. It saddens me to do this but this game is so directed towards P2P people I think it will be more fun this way rather than getting upset every time I miss a meta or an event even on the second or third try. I encourage other players who are frustrated the I am to do the same. PS I have a very developed roster with lots of G12 and finish high in both arenas.

Replies

• Welcome to the club. I joined right after all the Chewbacca, Revan, C3P0 panic farming. Too many carrots to chase and it took the fun out of the game for me. Decided not to spend a cent anymore and just play for fun. Will get Revan for free when he returns and will get the Han Falcon whenever.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    My favorites list always includes at least 1 character that I actually enjoy. Sometime, looking at Chewie, that 1 character happens to be a favorite. Other times, looking at GG, it's just a character I enjoy but completely sucks.

I usually have 4 or 5 favorites at a time.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I've found that getting legends at 5*, then 7* the next go is pretty doable without spending or being at a top payout. Got a 5* Chewie, 7* recently. Got a 5* C3, on track for a 7*. If Revan was legendary would of got him at 5*, but I'll have to settle for a 7* next go (hopefully soon!). It would of been possible for me to get a 5* Falcon, but I knowingly decided to pass on it. I'd describe chances of getting a 7* next go as 'hopeful'. I'd think an older player than I (who has a gp of 2.2 mil) would have a stronger base roster and thus an even easier time getting these chars.

But whatever floats your boat. I've got to tell myself not to stop everything and go full steam on droids at least once a month. Game's are supposed to be fun, after all
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    pretty sure if you weren't playing for fun and having fun doing it, you were doing something wrong.

either way, if you are happy moving forward, this is great news. Enjoy!!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I am going to switch to " fun SWGOH"

[...]

It saddens me to do this

Que?
  • It's too tempting to chase magic bullets all the time, when you can get pretty far simply by maxing a favourite faction or 2 and only seeking a handful of heroes. After all, can only use so many toons/squads before others get left in the drawer
  • I will get the 7 Star Porg when it's released though. That is a must must must. I'll stop now...