Galactic War: Ships Edition

I'd like to request a Galactic War type event for ships. I have been able to sim GW for months but almost never do because I use it to test out squads and have fun with characters I've recently unlocked. I'd like something similar for ships where we'd face a number of squads, be able to test out various teams, and use ships that aren't arena viable but are still fun to use. I know I could do this on the fleet table, but I can't afford to lose a match there and waste valuable ships energy. Thanks for your consideration, @CG_SBCrumb and others.

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    yub yub !!!!
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Sounds pretty good and would be a playground for ship experimentation. Make It So.
  • Yes make it so
  • Yes pls
  • How about no.... we dont need the whole community complaining that they can't complete nodes again.
  • Obi1_son wrote: »
    How about no.... we dont need the whole community complaining that they can't complete nodes again.

Too bad, ships were around for ages. We deserve more ship content than what is currently available.

Of course, that incentivises more ppl to invest in ships and makes FA more challenging. I’m pretty much fine if they dont add anything more since my 300-400 daily crystals will remain easy to get.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Great idea, I hope we get it
  • More ship content is def needed. Ships are stale and still have not recovered from ships 2.0
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    How about no.... we dont need the whole community complaining that they can't complete nodes again.
    Let them

3b4.png
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    Let them

3b4.png

Community is pretty much deaf to choruses of “git gud”
  • I'm not much of a ships fan, but this idea right here, would get me onboard. We definitely need more ship content to make it enjoyable. Great idea.
  • So CG will now take the feedback and say no more character GW, just ships because that's what the community wanted.
  • cfodder wrote: »
    So CG will now take the feedback and say no more character GW, just ships because that's what the community wanted.
    Yes clearly what everyone here is saying. We also want them to add more ships and no more characters and get rid of squad arena...
  • Great idea :)
  • I've said for a while, GW is actually one of the more fun parts of the game. There's a good variety of opponents and difficulty so you actually get to play around with different squads. Admittedly, it's nice to be able to sim it as it is a chore to get through every day, but I still battle regularly just for fun.

A GW for ships would be a great idea and make ships much more engaging. Just maybe not 12 battles a day...4-6 would be plenty.
  • Metroplex79
    832 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I would like to have one as well.

Doesn't need to be challenging (keep it around Ship Hard 4-A), doesn't need to be part of the Dailies, rewards don't have to be great, and no energy requirement to play.

Completely optional to the player.
    Post edited by Metroplex79 on
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Despite my ships being pretty bad, I would be up for something like this.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    They could call it "Intergalactic Planetary War"

The last node is always a giant protocol droid in space with a vacuum cleaner.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Sentia wrote: »

Hmmmm............I like where you are going with this, but unfortunately all I think the community would say about that node is "suck, suck, suck."
  • Fantastic idea, IMHO
  • Not much of a test the squads r g7 g8 max in GW once u get to simulating they don’t even put the same lvl of squads on they use to so it’s a waste of time and better served simulating
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    HK22 wrote: »
    Sentia wrote: »

Hmmmm............I like where you are going with this, but unfortunately all I think the community would say about that node is "suck, suck, suck."

There goes the forums
  • As long as we can SIM through it like we can the character GW.

It took me a few months to get my HK 88 86 team good enough to be able to auto each battle with no concern of death. This was before mods.

I don't know if my current fleet could auto 12 battles like that, and I surely wouldn't want to do 12 full ship battles per day. So please, put the SIM option on the table quick.

• This needs to happen. We need somewhere to test different teams to see it they work beside using very slow building fleet energy or sacrificing fleet arena fights/placement.
  • Yes, I am already an active ship player but this sounds great. Plus we all could use some extra rewards
  • This would be a great idea. How about just do the same rewards as the GW but invert them for ships instead? Instead of Character Shards, Ship Blueprints? Amount of Credits and Ship Currency get inverted. Ship Mats instead of Character Mats. But still keep the what? 27 crystals for full clear?