Darth Sion is a 1v1 God?

Prev1
As you all know, Darth Sion is one of the most deadly characters in SWGoH. But what has surprised me is how much he excels in 1v1, as seen in tournaments made by CubsFanHan. I mean, even Revan couldn't take down Darth Sion on a one-on-one. The reason that Darth Sion is a 1v1 Juggernaut is because of his Held by Hatred special ability. I have seen that in 1v1, once he gets held by hatred, it's pretty much game-over, because he will revive when defeated. And to make things worse, held by hatred carries over and has a reduced cooldown because of all the pain. For this reason, although I am a major Darth Sion fan because of how good he is, I am requesting a Darth Sion NERF.
JigglyBeanTV

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Fortunately, this is not a 1v1 game
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Lol no.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • rodandreelguy
    155 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Yep I've thought I'd definitely lost a match many times only to be down to only zSion v 4 others and zSion take them all out. He's a monster.

I certainly don't want him nerfed though lol.
  • So CG, how long until we as a community gets to vote on what toons to nerf. I mean one person likes this idea so let’s do it
  • Witness wrote: »
    So CG, how long until we as a community gets to vote on what toons to nerf. I mean one person likes this idea so let’s do it

This is why I'm glad the USA isn't a pure democracy.
  • blackTiger3719
    25 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Witness wrote: »
    So CG, how long until we as a community gets to vote on what toons to nerf. I mean one person likes this idea so let’s do it

So agree
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Asphincter say what
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Witness wrote: »

"pure". Youre cute.
    Its one of the worst dictatorship, just fyki.
    Only 2 parties to choose from, both clearly unfit for purpose, and you think your vote matters?

Sion is fine the way he is. Zkru, zkr, zzzcls are also 1v1 gods.
  • As you all know, Darth Sion is one of the most deadly characters in SWGoH. But what has surprised me is how much he excels in 1v1, as seen in tournaments made by CubsFanHan. I mean, even Revan couldn't take down Darth Sion on a one-on-one. The reason that Darth Sion is a 1v1 Juggernaut is because of his Held by Hatred special ability. I have seen that in 1v1, once he gets held by hatred, it's pretty much game-over, because he will revive when defeated. And to make things worse, held by hatred carries over and has a reduced cooldown because of all the pain. For this reason, although I am a major Darth Sion fan because of how good he is, I am requesting a Darth Sion NERF.
    JigglyBeanTV

your request has been denied.
  • Go watch KRU vs Sion. I think he said in one video he let them fight for over half an hour once.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I run a non-meta scoundrel team in arena. If I can kill Sion first with Han, Chewie and Qira mass assist, I can auto the rest of the match. If I can't, I lose. There is no well maybe I can win if I get lucky - I just lose or timeout.

As Far as I am concerned, he is the best balanced tank in the game and they did a great job with him. Hes not just a pure damage sponge - you have to deal with him or he gets more dangerous over the match. Should be the model of all tank reworks, IMHO. Vador is similar. Deal with him early or he will rez the entire team 5x times and you lose.

Jedi tanks like Mace, Plo Koon and guardian that have no taunts shoukd all be reworked with simialar "building threat" mechanic×c, IMHO.
  • All tanks are like that. Finn is pretty awesome 1v1
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Literally just said all tanks are not like that, and you respond with "all tanks are like that"...

4v1 vs Mace is a joke.
    4v1 vs ST Han is a joke.

I could go on... However; the original point remains, if not dealt with in a particular time or with particular skills Sion is probably the most difficult tank in the game. I'd rank KRU second. They're both capable of holding off the wrong teams indefinitely.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    You want a nerf because of a game mode that doesn’t exist?
  • I've modded my KRU with 6x defence and a defence cross. Even against Bastila, Ezra's Flourish and Yoda are the only two that can dent him. The other three just keep healing him more than damaging him.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    CG be like:
    *Next GA*
    "thanks for your feedback, here we got you the new ga that you, the community, has asked for, 1v1 battles"
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Fahrius wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    CG be like:
    *Next GA*
    "thanks for your feedback, here we got you the new ga that you, the community, has asked for, 1v1 battles"

giphy.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Yeah, JTR or CLS would destroy Sion in 1v1, so I don’t think he’s overpowered (heroes journey toons are, rightfully, stronger). Even Raid Han would crush him in a 1v1, so there’s plenty of options. Yeah, he’s strong, but don’t forget that a lot of what makes him so powerful are the excellent leads for sith (either traya or EP will make him very hard to kill). He won’t get any lead help if he’s by himself.
  • Ryanwhales
    862 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    As you all know, Darth Sion is one of the most deadly characters in SWGoH. But what has surprised me is how much he excels in 1v1, as seen in tournaments made by CubsFanHan. I mean, even Revan couldn't take down Darth Sion on a one-on-one. The reason that Darth Sion is a 1v1 Juggernaut is because of his Held by Hatred special ability. I have seen that in 1v1, once he gets held by hatred, it's pretty much game-over, because he will revive when defeated. And to make things worse, held by hatred carries over and has a reduced cooldown because of all the pain. For this reason, although I am a major Darth Sion fan because of how good he is, I am requesting a Darth Sion NERF.
    JigglyBeanTV

Hahaha. No.
    Really!? Do you want there to more C.U.PS? Stop asking for a nerf!!
    Sion can be killed by a lot of things, and yes he is a 1v1 god, but still plz stop. If I see one more nerf post i will chuck my device out of the window! So please go get this character yourself instead of complaining! This is why TW got bans! Cuz people keep whining! (By the way get good and get Revan) Instead of whining to the devs to nerf, just take the L and move on. AGGGGHHHHH! By the way what does being a 1v1 god have to do with the game!? We dont have 1v1! Get Revan. Farm Bastila. I dont care what you do as long as this trend stops. This really annoys me. Just post your code so we can help with your problems with sion. Plz. Hate to be harsh but thats what i think, but hey nobody asked me.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Auuuuugh!
    xxfh2vcj1q49.gif
  • If anyone should be nerfed it should be grand master yoda.

*hides behind a corner to see how many people try to kill me for that*
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    If anyone should be nerfed it should be grand master yoda.

*hides behind a corner to see how many people try to kill me for that*

Sorry that didnt work, I still see you.
    Lol.
    But that is understandable, he is pretty annoying though.
  • t2e5y8x8sjap.jpeg
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • But honestly, get speed mods.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Wait.

What if we nerf EVERY character?

That will solve all of our problems...
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Wait.

What if we nerf EVERY character?

That will solve all of our problems...

Good IDEA!
    Devs, make everyone like cup for a week!
    We dont need any good characters!
    Lol
  • Lethoiun
    165 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Aayla would destroy

Fight me on this anyone, I dare you