Buffed TW Feedback [MERGE]

Prev1345
BTBAMthony
179 posts Member
edited January 2019
“We knew going in that we wanted to avoid overly punishing certain teams” CG dev.

As they take out 3 of the 7 existing imperial troopers. As they take out the backbone of the nightsisters in ventress. As they take out the character a couple of their mammoth whales spent $400+ on (revan). Enfys nest is one of the only characters that makes sense to remove being that nest can be thrown onto literally ANY squad and be just as effective, even after nerf. Most of the other removed characters were absolute staples for their designated tags.

Also, they were characters that many people invested one, if not more, zetas into. Was this accounted for when calculating guild power? If not, I alone have about 50,000-100,000 squad power from zetas alone just sitting on the sidelines.

I realize this post also mentioned this format was not set in stone. So this is simply feedback, albeit negative in nature. I want to add that maybe forcing people to split certain characters, rather than omit them entirely. An example would be not allowing Han Solo and Luke skywalker on the same team. Or not allowing Traya with Sion, Jolee with revan, zombie with acolyte, RJT with R2D2, etc. Because one small positive I got out of this event was forming some interesting team setups with some of my top characters due to their default teams being incomplete.

Edit: Since this post was merged, might as well share my opinion on this next attempt. While I much prefer my characters being buffed, rather than nerfed, most of these buffs are going to be exploited on defense, where the extent of my experience with them will be watching a little number next to my team hopefully exceed the value 1. But at least I get to see the enemy guilds ewoks completely roll my top level team, proceed to be stacked with turn meter and basically doom my entire guild.

If you are going to buff an entire faction... ramifications of that buff need to be heavily tested and researched. This felt like it had about as much thought as the "We knew going in that we wanted to avoid overly punishing certain teams” misleading statement from the last TW. Honestly, most of the community was perfectly happy with... normal TW. Sometimes matchmaking was wonky, but people can deal with that. Look at the most popular multiplayer games on the internet right now... Fortnite (not a lick of matchmaking, you could easily be put in the same game as ninja or shroud (two big names in the scene)) and League of Legends, which is pretty notorious for having pretty poor matchmaking.

If EA is that desperate to "mix things up" I'm pretty sure the single character buffs were relatively popular among the community. They were isolated enough to where they weren't going to break the game, but still brought characters that were previously irrelevant forward, allowing them a moment to shine. And possibly doubling as a beta test for future reworks.
Post edited by BTBAMthony on

Replies

• agreed they need to buff not nerf our work
  • Yes, my guild had to face walls of Cls teams with chewbacca and C-3PO, yet the viable teams we had to counter them were pulled.
  • Quick question.

If Ewok special abilities all have 0 cool down and we place them on defense, does that mean they will ALWAYS use the special over their basic attack?

If so, will they always use the same special if they have more than one?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This seems very likely. Since the AI is not smart and has a fairly strict priority. They will probably use thier usual favorite more often than not.
  • If you fail to take down Teebo on the first try, how do you stop him?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    If you fail to take down Teebo on the first try, how do you stop him?

AI favours bring low even if there are no buffs on the opposing team.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    If you fail to take down Teebo on the first try, how do you stop him?

AI favours bring low even if there are no buffs on the opposing team.

Lol. If I hadn’t played this game for years I wouldn’t even believe that could be coded so poorly.
  • What a joke. Anyone put together yet that this pos they inflicted upon us was “in response to the community” but the effed up ships NEVER get fixed no matter how much the community demands it? EA in action...
  • Veteran Han’s AoE might work well..
    AoE AB to all enemies.
  • Kazeb
    39 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Question was : when teebo take a turn , and spam his first special, how do you take a turn before the time runs out?
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Yeah, 0 cooldown revive on elder....
  • @mantra agreed. I actually enjoyed when mace windu was a beast for one territory war. Made me feel a bit better for investing in him early (before ships lol)

@RT_666 yep. Sounds like our experience. I couldn’t even beat Bastila teams with my arena crushing nightsisters because I couldn’t cleanse buffs without ventress. My 2 top teams were savagely gutted. NS and Imperial Trooper.

@Hazakar yea... For EA- Profit > Anything else. Sucks they own the rights to many things many people love so we are pretty much stuck. I’ll leave it at that. Don’t wanna get too negative here.
  • X3ina
    108 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Kazeb wrote: »
    Question was : when teebo take a turn, and spam his first special, how do you take a turn before the time runs out?

You just die ?!
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • banjo1071 wrote: »
    Yeah, 0 cooldown revive on elder....

Either kill him first or use abilities that can't be revived from
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    banjo1071 wrote: »
    Yeah, 0 cooldown revive on elder....

Either kill him first or use abilities that can't be revived from

But if Teebo takes a turn, all Ewoks get 100% turn meter. And it has no cooldown this tw
  • Teebo uses take down first, I think it will never even use the 100% tm gain.
    That being said, what would be the best setup here? I have all of them zetad, also got zzC3PO. Probably chirpa,elder,wicket are must have, but not sure which 2 to use from paploo, logray and c3po. Logray would spam AOE daze, which could stop teams like cls, paploo would taunt, c3po would give tons of bonuses and full assists . What do you think?
  • You've made ewoks so annoying OP that it makes me not even want to continue doing anything in this TW. It's one thing to do bonuses sure but 0 cooldown on a faction such as ewoks is just astronomically poor decision making. Quit screwing with TW and leave us be with the only guild v guild mode there is. You want to mix it up with bonuses fine but this is kittens.
  • Have a faster Poe, go with zeta Finn.

Use your strong teams against Ewoks.

Use your own Ewoks.

Plan better.

It’s a you problem, not a we problem.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Used my ewoks after I killed elder with my zeta palp team. They get an insane amount of turns per your one. Under ordinary circumstances my palp team wipes them out so yeah, it's a flaw in design. Shouldn't have to use my revan team against ewoks simply because they chose to make an absolutely kitten decision. "Plan better" is the same as "git gud" and shows a lack of depth to your thinking.
  • You didn't try fight against Imp Troopers. Its same pain. Thanks CG, for another stupid broken TW.
  • Armatores wrote: »
    You didn't try fight against Imp Troopers. Its same pain. Thanks CG, for another stupid broken TW.

Not yet. That was my other concern as well. I could see timeouts happening there or just being worn down by revives. It's just pointless. Makes little sense at all. To me this is worse than banning characters. At least we we're still on a level playing field against squads we chose to battle
  • Shouldn't have to use my revan team against ewoks simply because they chose to make an absolutely kitten decision.

Really? Why not?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Armatores
    248 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Oh yea, after THIS banning looks not as bad as before... At least you knew what to expect befor fight, now its like blindpick against mini-boss team.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Shouldn't have to use my revan team against ewoks simply because they chose to make an absolutely kitten decision.

Really? Why not?

Because then I can't use it against tough teams because I have to counteract a poor decision by cg. Even with battle bonuses my zeta palp team would've likely won. They just went overboard plain and simple.
  • Well considering that all of the teams that got buffs are easily accessible there is no excuse... they have them and you have them so learn the mechanics and understand how to counter such teams
  • They are doing this because they heavily pushed and promoted people to create an Ewok team for C3PO. What they are doing makes complete sense from their planning. They gave people Ewok Scout shards for a month. Events that gave them. Encouraged you to make a team witha legendary character as a reward, and they are trying to not have that team be useless to you.

• Because then I can't use it against tough teams because I have to counteract a poor decision by cg. Even with battle bonuses my zeta palp team would've likely won. They just went overboard plain and simple.

Against "tough" teams? You mean normally tough teams, without these buffs. Because right now, I'd say the team you can't beat is a "tough" team.
  • Bossak wrote: »
    Well considering that all of the teams that got buffs are easily accessible there is no excuse... they have them and you have them so learn the mechanics and understand how to counter such teams

How do you counter them taking 10x the amount of turns you do with tons of assists? Short of stun which wears off eventually. Of the two of you who say "git gud" neither of you have actually given any ideas.
  • They are doing this because they heavily pushed and promoted people to create an Ewok team for C3PO. What they are doing makes complete sense from their planning. They gave people Ewok Scout shards for a month. Events that gave them. Encouraged you to make a team witha legendary character as a reward, and they are trying to not have that team be useless to you.

Ewoks are far from useless lol they're amazing as is on offense

• Because then I can't use it against tough teams because I have to counteract a poor decision by cg. Even with battle bonuses my zeta palp team would've likely won. They just went overboard plain and simple.

Against "tough" teams? You mean normally tough teams, without these buffs. Because right now, I'd say the team you can't beat is a "tough" team.

And then we use what team against other meta teams? Exactly.