Terrible character design

2Next

Replies

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    It is considering I have never had an issue taking nest down. Only time she is a problem is if you fail to understand the mechanics behind her.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    That she is a hard counter to so many teams/characters - especially the iconic ones and those used the most.

So then this argument would extend to Thrawn, Nihilus, and Rex too?
    At a time when CG had stated that they were trying to move away from "plug and play" toons to more team-synergy based teams,

I missed this statement. Would you care to share it?
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Or indicative of lazy programming?
    the way her kit does end up becoming completely unbeatable for several teams (or types of teams) screams that they also didn't play test her kit well enough

Couldn't the same be said about Traya and Revan now and characters like Maul, General Kenobi, and others in the past?
    (It's the usual CG Hanlon's razor).

What makes you think the only two options around her kit design are malice or stupidity?
    Finally, fixing it would be simple. Just allow a very small percentage of the damage to trickle through her protection up.

But then she wouldn't counter TM manipulation teams that never let her move which seems to be the point of her.

I think it's a pretty interesting design and one they probably came up with in response to all of the complaints about speed being all that matters. I think they tried to address this with Holdo (who is as slow as molasses when she's not taunting) and it didn't have as much of an impact as they wanted (no impact at all actually) and they may have overdone it a bit with Nest but not so much that she needs to be tweaked (again).