Google Play Login Issue: Possible Work Around

124Next

Replies

• Tried the work around it doesn't work!
  • same problem suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I cant log in with the bluestacks app player, and also not with my regular phone (samsung galaxy s3mini). I tried all the steps and it doesnt work. Its also the only game that has this issue. Other stuff is working fine, so its definitely not only google play related.
  • Experiencing the same issue. Game prompts me to create a new account. If I enter my current info, it say that account already exists. Doesn't recognize my google account. I don't have issues with any other game on my galaxy.
  • Joonbugg
    24 posts Member
    I really hope someone can help, because I cannot access my account on my new phone. My account is level 79, 12 maxed characters (with 3 more nearly maxed), been playing daily for months. Apparently when I created the account, my son put in his age (under 13) as I was thinking we would play together, so no way to link to my google play account.

Now I bought my new phone (both phones are android), google play downloads all my apps and data, but SWGOH starts up anew. I contact customer support (#24040536) and they are not helpful, to put it kindly. They offer to transfer my one purchase (2,800 crystals) to my new account, as if this would somehow come close to properly resolving the situation.

There must, must, must be a way of making this right EA. I find it hard to believe this is how you would treat customers.
  • odie
    2 posts Member
    This might not be a fix for everyone but anyone who is getting the google error "sign up for play games" instead of logging into your account I called google and got a little help.

I did the work around on my s5, for the problem where it would randomly ask you to sign into "Play Games" and worked fine but would have to uninstall google play games every week or two because it would randomly update.

Well I just got a new phone, a s7 and I don't have this option anymore because the new phone doesn't have the old "play games" so I called up google help (was actually really easy!) and they gave me some information.

They have started the end of google+ required login, and been making people upgrade to the new "play games" so that they have a "play games gamertag" instead of a "google+ gametag." They told me to write down all my info from the games (account name, friend ID etc) and just create a new login. I have my old phone so I didn't write anything down (the work around still works fine on it) and decided to bite the bullet and just create a new account.

It worked fine, even though it looked like I was going to lose everything and create a new account. What ended up happening was, I created a new name and google just merged my old account to my new account automatically. I have my old achievements and I am still level 9 on my gamertag, and most importantly, my SW: GoH account was all correct. This is also true for other games I have tried (fallout shelter/tomb raider)

TL:DR version

Google is killing off old google+ gamer tags, and forcing android users to create a new "play game gamertag." Back up your info just in case, but create a new gamer tag and play!
  • I can't change my age either and I didn't realize it was affecting things. Can't play across devices because no Google Play login, can't get Facebook crystals, can't fully utilize the Guild, etc. I have sent a request for support but am expecting nothing unfortunately. I hope they make an update soon to change this!
  • Looks like this is quite the issue for many. Here is my situation:

-Played SWGOH's on my Galaxy Note 4 phone since January.
    -Just bought a new Samsung Tablet, and wanted to play on that as well.
    -On the new Tablet, I logged into the same Google account as my phone
    -Downloaded/installed/started SWGOH's on the Tablet
    -Forced me to go through a process by which I had to create a new Google Player Name
    -I created a new name I though would be cool. NOTE: The game created my original name on the phone..."Peldor Varga". I was not sure whether or not I should use that one on the Tablet or not. Thought it wouldn't matter considering its my Google account they were concerned with. So I picked, "Vic Mackey"
    -Game started, but to my surprise (and frustration) it started me off as if I never played before.

I've tried everything, but I cannot get my original game accomplishments onto the tablet. It even gave me a new "Player ID" (you know...that very long 22-character code).

Am I doing something wrong?
  • Hi there, since this morning I can't login with my google account! It refreshes every time I try to hit the login button! I also try to log in when I play as guest, with the same result. My id is 899- 759-595 RevolerSlash!!!
  • HI!
    Kid accounts are not portable, and are restricted to the device they were created on. IF EA'S SAID IT IN THE BEGIN OF THE GAME I DIDN'T INPUT AGE OF MY SON!!!
    PLEASE, YOU MUST PERMIT at KIDS ACCOUNT TO LOGIN WITH GOOGLE PLAY and migrate to new dispositive the account.
    This is a very big problem, people with months of daily play can't use the game in a new phone!!!!
  • I have The same problem. Ive spend loads of dollar and time. Have not missed a day... And now this!!! EA this is on You.. So fix it...
  • Looks like this bug is hard to fix or EA is not willing to??
    Nevertheless, I have the "Google Play" account login issue since months and its showing up on my Sony Xperia Z2 at least once a week. A very easy fix for me is to do the following when it happens:
    Cancel the "Account creation" in SWGoH
    Switch back to Android and open the Apps settings
    Locate the Google Play App and open the settings
    Uninstall the updates and therefore "reset the app to original version delivered with phone"
    Switch back to SWGoH and log into your account again
    If still not working close SWGoH and restart the app...

A nice little procedure that always works for me, but its very annoying to repeate this over and over again... :/
  • Its amazing...1st post comes from the Dev Team in early March. Several people report having the problem...it is now June 22nd and ZERO word from the Dev Team. WTH guys? This is a major issue and should be treated as such by them. Why? Because if they don't fix this soon, I'm done. That means all the potential $$ I was going to spend is gone, too.
  • Kurgath
    61 posts Member
    ****, started happening to me as well :neutral:
  • Walsh
    3 posts Member
    EA_Jesse and support, I have two requests (one major, one minor): first, for players who reach the level cap of 80, from that point on "experience" rewards are pointless from doing daily achievements.. could you still credit us XP to a new cap, and when we reach that level (ex. Rank 81) give a reward? This way, it encourages people to still get daily achievements and XP. Not saying a max level increase, just rewards for still playing and gaining XP.
    Secondly, Eeth Koth doesn't have his anti-droid affect on Commando Droid Diplomat, please have a look.
    Thank you!
  • llentieta
    1 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Please are you going to take that problem seriously?

It's been a long time since you noticed that incidence and is not solved yet. At least for my account.

I can't not login into it since 2 days ago, the only think that I can do is start the game again, and I'm not going to do it. So I'll probably uninstall the game.

thanks
  • FireAngeles
    3 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    EA_Nils directed me here to post my details related to an EA post about my login issue. I have tried the method in this thread as well as the methods in my original post.

Samsung Tab 4 7" (SM-T230NU)
    Ver. 4.4.2
    Services: 9.2.56
    SWGOH account: Fire Angeles
    Post edited by FireAngeles on
  • When it prompted me to make a new google play account - i entered my own ID instead of the random one that was defaulted. It logged into my account and all is right with the world again.
  • I dont have the google login option in the settings section. I guess that means im using a "guest account". I know for sure I put my age in as something like 3 years when I installed as I thought it would stop the app hassling me for money. Anyway Im like level 78 now and thought it might be a good idea to have some kind of way to "backup" this software in case I change phone/tablet. Do I have any options now?

Thanks
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    You should have a sign in or log in to Google Play in the settings menu. I'm looking at my settings right now, and I have a "Sign out of Google Play" button.

If it's not there, make sure you have "Google Play Games" installed. If not, get it from the Google Play store.

If none of that works...I have no idea. Call support. Might start with SWGOH support, but may end up having to call Google support.
  • I dont have the google login option in the settings section. I have "google play games" installed.

Im pretty sure its an age restriction but I cant find any way around it.

• noone21126 wrote: »
    I dont have the google login option in the settings section. I have "google play games" installed.

Im pretty sure its an age restriction but I cant find any way around it.

I have the same issue...
  • After the bug of september 7th 2016, my game starts and then ask me if I want to play as a guest or log into a google play account and as soon as I'm clicking on Google Play the message closes and instantly pops up again.

So @xCapGamesx_Motz are youguys fixing this or what???
  • @xCapGamesx_Motz Hi there. I'm having a problem with the google play games login. When I was a bit younger, I logged in to star wars using an account that said I was 12 years old(i know i should have lied about my age i was stupid)and now that i have a new device, i can't log in to my account. Please, i've played since this game since it came out and i'm at a really high level so if you could help me with this i would really appreciate it.
  • Is this issue still being looked at? I would love to start using a new phone but cant transfer due to my "kid" account.
  • HTC DESIRE 626g
    android 4.4.2
    google play version 7.3.07
    Viliqn (Viliqnivanov4@gmail.com) I am lvl 85