How is this possible? someone explain please!

So I just lost a battle in my TW and wasted my zFinn and 3PO... Something weird happened which I need an explanation for.

My Poe is 244 speed while his BB8 is 226 and his R2 is 218. The battle starts and BB8 goes before my Poe, then his R2 gives everyone stealth and then my Poe goes followed by his Rey.

So how does a 226 speed and a 218 speed character go before my 244 speed character and ruins my entire run? This is very frustrating.

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    BB8's unique giving himself and R2 16% TM at the start of the battle.

Effective starting speeds: BB8 269, R2 259.5
  • BB8's unique giving himself and R2 16% TM at the start of the battle.

I saw that, that's just stupid... Way to undermine other characters
  • Self-Preservation Protocol! 8% tm for every droid.
    Know your opponents 😉

Are you joking? BB8 has been out for ages and has always done that. I'm surprised his JTR didn't go before you due to her unique.

What do you mean by that? The whole premise of this game is synergy between toons. Some toons give bonuses and add-ons to others of the same faction. Surely you’re aware of this?

Dathcha’s Lead is good against droids. Maybe you should have used him?

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator

Its not stupid and it doesn't undermine anything
  • I’d recommend you not to fight ewoks then. They might do something similar 😜
  • BB-8 isn't even the only one who starts with bonus TM. Maul and Bastila both give bonus TM to Sith and Jedi, respectively (unless fighting Revan). Are you gonna get mad if they go before you too?
  • So I just lost a battle in my TW and wasted my zFinn and 3PO... Something weird happened which I need an explanation for.

My Poe is 244 speed while his BB8 is 226 and his R2 is 218. The battle starts and BB8 goes before my Poe, then his R2 gives everyone stealth and then my Poe goes followed by his Rey.

So how does a 226 speed and a 218 speed character go before my 244 speed character and ruins my entire run? This is very frustrating.

You were running zFinn and Threepio, and you’re claiming not to understand BB-8’s kit? I’m not buying it.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • More importantly, where can I find opponent’s that are as slow as yours. Most BB8s I see are in the 275-300 speed range.
  • best post in a series of epic posts. Keep it up @PeterBahama
  • Be nice everyone OP is just experiencing some growing pains. xD

• I saw that, that's just stupid... Way to undermine other characters

It pays to know the kits of your characters and your opponents in any given battle. Btw, I totally hate it when Thrawn "undermines" my characters by fracturing them, lol.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

I saw that

Before or after starting this thread?
  • As a rule of thumb expect BB8 to always go first and you'll never be dissapointed ;)
  • So I just lost a battle in my TW and wasted my zFinn and 3PO... Something weird happened which I need an explanation for.

You were running zFinn and Threepio, and you’re claiming not to understand BB-8’s kit? I’m not buying it.

Trolls gonna troll...