I figured out the problem with JKG!

Prev1
She's using a double-bladed lightsaber when clearly, she doesn't know how to use one! Just watch how she hits!

=P

But in all seriousness, she could be 'usable' if she had a unique ability to start a battle with 'taunt' for one turn.
It'd make her unique, and allow toons like the squishies we take out in the first round to extend their lifespan one turn.
Plus. She'd get to use her self-heal from the start. And you get the added bonus that the enemy might be tempted to finish her off right away, saving your squishy dps one more potentially crippling hit.

What say you?

Replies

• Nah, just remove her from the game completely.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.

Lol. Poor girl. v_v
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    She would still be unusable, we'd also have to rename her Other team Offense Up
  • Who the hell is JKG. If you create a whole post about someone can we not atleast spell the name out so half of us know what's being talked about?
  • Azrex_Dren wrote: »
    Who the hell is JKG. If you create a whole post about someone can we not atleast spell the name out so half of us know what's being talked about?

Pretty sure the only one who's initial match is Jedi Knight Guardian.

I've had to look up some other initials too, takes less time than writing a post asking about it.

Also, there aren't a lot of double-bladed lightsaber users aside from Maul.
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Ability: taunt for 1 hit at the start of each of her turns.

Would be really good.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Jmvdmz
    11 posts Member
    Nah, just remove her from the game completely.

Exactly, that's the best idea for the game I ever hear
  • If you look closely, you can see the strings attached to her double light sabre, the special effects are appalling
    Ally code 797-111-992
  • It's crazy how she does so little damage, it's like half of what sidious can do, and she only has half his speed.
  • Yeah, only time I use her is when the events require Tanks.
  • Yeah the only things she guards is herself for a few turns...i think for the jedis she is like the team waterboy
  • Funny, ahsoka and Barriss are both padawans yet the guardian somehow made it to knighthood.
  • Funny, ahsoka and Barriss are both padawans yet the guardian somehow made it to knighthood.
    Ouch. Savage lol TBF they're pretty much higher than Padawan in skill. There are also always some undeserved promotions :P

I know this may be tongue and cheek (or maybe not) but honestly the SW universe has such a deep pool of "proper" characters, it does actually make more sense to essentially remove the generic character and replace their kit with a proper character. Honestly, if JKG was, I don't know, Shaak Ti or the Sith Inquisitor or whomever, that character would be immediately more in demand by virtue of being a known character in the SW universe.

Before her buff and even the Yoda event, I was excited to activate Ahsoka because she was a character I knew. I begrudgingly maxed Geo Soldier because he may be the embodiment of Thor's Hammer but would rather not have boring default, generic characters.

Obviously, it is a change that will never happen, but let it be a pitch for more characters. Whether they are good or bad, diversity is the good for business.
  • give her auto taunt like RG and she'd be up there. with QGJ lead and her ability block she would be useful
  • Is like JC at first it sounds like Jesus ****. But no is Jedi Consular

It's only because she doesn't have a name lol. All jedi are either guardian, consular or sentinels if I recall my KOTOR days
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Hahahahahaha. Taunt automatically at the start of the battle. Christmas has come early for QGJ. :D Prepare to get slaughtered.
  • Can't get rid of her I just got her to 7 stars lol! I kind of like now that I have her maxed
  • I'm levelling her for the Yoda event, I hope at some point she is made viable in other areas
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I have three problems with Jedi Knight Guardian.

JKG is a female Zygerrian, a species known for two things in this universe: Thousands of years of slave trade, and its disputes with the Jedi. Why on earth does a Zygerrian become a Jedi guardian?

That's one of my peeves with this character. Another being her rather dull look. Long brown robes.

I was also going to question whether the use of double bladed lightsabers was really historically accurate, but seeing as how Clone Wars and Rebels have established that Jedi Temple Guardians also used these weapons, I suppose I'll have to concede that point. Still, doesn't feel right to me.
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    I have three problems with Jedi Knight Guardian.

JKG is a female Zygerrian, a species known for two things in this universe: Thousands of years of slave trade, and its disputes with the Jedi. Why on earth does a Zygerrian become a Jedi guardian?

That's one of my peeves with this character. Another being her rather dull look. Long brown robes.

[...]

^
    This.

Jedi consular rocks the brown robes. Could've gone with something else.
    She really looks so boring... And a Zygerrian of all things!?

Can we trade her for a Jedi temple guardian? That'd be a huge improvement, at least aesthetically.

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Are we sure she isnt Bothan?
  • Timitock wrote: »

I think this was sarcasm, but Bothans look like a monkey banged a werewolf.
  • Scinful wrote: »
    Timitock wrote: »

Lol, nicely put. Always had difficulty describing a bothan as anything other than 'kobold-like dog-person'.

Lol, nicely put. Always had difficulty describing a bothan as anything other than 'kobold-like dog-person'.

I've actually tried the Kobold description before, but woefully few people know what a Kobold is. <sad face>
  • Maybe just get rid of the robe all together.
    Scinful wrote: »

I've actually tried the Kobold description before, but woefully few people know what a Kobold is. <sad face>

True. Plus there are many depictions of said creature, so they could imagine anything between a disney-like goblin to a tall werewolf with everything in-between.
  • Nonemo wrote: »

So there can't be a single good Zygerrian? Wow! Zygerrophobia running wild in here. Somebody needs to start a Twitter hashtag campaign to fix this horrendous problem.
  • trellent wrote: »
    Nonemo wrote: »

So there can't be a single good Zygerrian? Wow! Zygerrophobia running wild in here. Somebody needs to start a Twitter hashtag campaign to fix this horrendous problem.

Lol.

In all seriousness tho, you'd think for a generic they'd pick a race that you'd commonly see as that role.

I get a feeling somebody made her sprite, and they didn't know what to do with her, so they figured "stick a brown robe on her, give her a lightsaber and we'll make her 'Generic Jedi'"