7* fully maxed falcon feedback

Prev1
This is a LEAP backwards. Was the intent to make ships even easier? Who came up with falcon not being able to be targeted? Do you ever stop and think at any point, “guys, we have movies and canon to reference, let’s make sure this makes sense!” Cause I remember it being attacked exclusively non stop. Can you stop with these bizarre out of nowhere abilities like stupid C3PO? This is the C3PO of fleet now. Great step backwards!

Replies

• I thought you all wanted to get away from forcing cookie cutter crap? This ship alone puts that statement in the waste basket.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Can't say I disagree
  • AlFuego
    39 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Yeah, fleet had seen a great turnaround after the changes to gameplay a while back. All the top teams weren’t running chimaera, I was encountering every capital ship in the top 15. A variety of teams too(geonosians, houndstooth and Kyloand fotfp based teams, houndstooth and Phoenix based teams...)I was even taking number 1 a few days a week with my gauntlet, houndstooth, tie based team. Now only days after event the top 5 are all the exact same team, soon that will be top 20 and so on. It’s no good to make it where only 1 team is truely viable. Man when it comes to involving chewie and Han, y’all really go over the top.
  • imageintech
    3 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    This ruins ships for many .
    Waaaaay to OP. After 3 years of playing and being in top 5 or 10 max finish. There's not even any point battling without 1 ship !!!?? Also my silencer doesn't stun... full turn meters/no foresight... the opponents HT doesn't get debuffed. .kylo dv ect . If these are glitches they need fixing fast.
    Makes any team with ht and HMF next to invincible. I really enjoyED ships til this.
    I like the challenges of having to switch up teams to beat other different ones..except now..without the single new ship people won't even be able to get into ranks.
    May be time to hang this game up !!
    I think many feeling this ^^^
    Post edited by imageintech on
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Its happening, more and more people are getting the Falcon and the meta is shifting... Why make a legendary ship so op, may as well made this one a journey with how strong it is, so strong it makes AA, a capital used before by 0.01% of the ship top 50, is now the best capital in the game.. lol
  • Darth_DeVito
    1233 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    16 players out of the top 50 use Ackbar's Home One on my fleet shard, including myself. I've developed a rebel fleet from the start with an eye on the Chimaera event (ETA: And I take rank 2 in fleet every day). I only poured enough resources into the Executrix to be able to farm zetas.

I'm a long way away from being able to use the Falcon though. Or Chewie, or Han himself for that matter. I might have to switch guilds if I want to unlock Han before I have my Bounty Hunters ready to get the other missing ingredients.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    16 players out of the top 50 use Ackbar's Home One on my fleet shard, including myself. I've developed a rebel fleet from the start with an eye on the Chimaera event (ETA: And I take rank 2 in fleet every day). I only poured enough resources into the Executrix to be able to farm zetas.

I'm a long way away from being able to use the Falcon though. Or Chewie, or Han himself for that matter. I might have to switch guilds if I want to unlock Han before I have my Bounty Hunters ready to get the other missing ingredients.

Interesting point there, cause no ship has ever needed a pilot from a raid, this is the first time people would be locked out of content if they didn't raid or didn't want to do raids or were not in a raiding guild.

If you like ships, you have to raid now :D
  • Gorem wrote: »

Interesting point there, cause no ship has ever needed a pilot from a raid, this is the first time people would be locked out of content if they didn't raid or didn't want to do raids or were not in a raiding guild.

It really is a bit of a problem for newer or mixed-level guilds. You can't put off hPit until later because some members don't have a 7-star character yet, or even just alternate between heroic and lower tier pit raids. If you rely on fleet arena rewards, you either have to exploit your low-level guild mates as ticket farmers or say your goodbyes and move on to a more competitive guild.
  • Thanks EA for ruining the Fleet Arena. The Falcon is way to overpowered and not only in one aspect.
    The direction of development of the game in overall is dissapointing. Higher, bigger, superman is not the answer for long time motivation.
  • Starkomat wrote: »
    Thanks EA for ruining the Fleet Arena. The Falcon is way to overpowered and not only in one aspect.
    The direction of development of the game in overall is dissapointing. Higher, bigger, superman is not the answer for long time motivation.

2.0 Ruined Fleet Arena.

Geos Ruined Fleet Arena.

Houndstooth Ruined Fleet Arena.

Now the Falcon Ruined Fleet Arena.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Starkomat wrote: »
    Thanks EA for ruining the Fleet Arena. The Falcon is way to overpowered and not only in one aspect.

2.0 Ruined Fleet Arena.

Geos Ruined Fleet Arena.

You got that wrong entirely though?

2.0 made Fleet arena terrible and cost the game many players, but as we got used to it and just put up with the terrible RNG it added it mellowed out amongst us, still, many players dislike the change, I only really dislike the change to TB ship battles, from multiple battles to one, making it much harder to win in TB.

Geo's did nothing, People didn't have Goe's up fast enough for them to make much of an impact at all. My shard alone never saw one fleet of Geo's until HT was already prevalent. People did not want to gear Geo's up. So Geo's never "ruined Fleet arena".

HT also, if you knew how to beat it, was not even an obstacle. Many ships countered HT before HT was even a thing. I was already using one of HT counters in my line up, which meant when people started using HT, I found them easier to beat. Much easier. If they put up their original ships I may have not taken first place for months against all the HT users.

The thing is. The Falcon destroys everything on offence and you need the right ships to handle it on your offence. Its a ship so strong it made a Capital ship that was 20 in the meta top 50 as compared to Thrawns which was in the thousands, to now already over a thousand people using AA in the top 50. If we all had Falcon, AA would be the only Capital in the top 50.

Falcon is a ship so strong that using it means you can auto 95% of your entire shard. Ht was never able to do that, Geo's never able to do that. Falcon actually owns everything. This is the difference here. You own Falcon. You win. you don't? Then prepare to face harder and harder uphill battles as people get better rebel ships.
  • Also my silencer doesn't stun... full turn meters/no foresight... the opponents HT doesn't get debuffed. .kylo dv ect . If these are glitches they need fixing fast.

@imageintech -- are you seeing fleets with ghost in the starting lineup? Ghost's unique reduces enemy potency by 25% so it definitely reduces the chances of applying debuffs.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »

if people don't want to raid they are locked out of a lot more than the new falcon. like, doing well in the game.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

2.0 Ruined Fleet Arena.

Geos Ruined Fleet Arena.

You got that wrong entirely though?

2.0 made Fleet arena terrible and cost the game many players, but as we got used to it and just put up with the terrible RNG it added it mellowed out amongst us, still, many players dislike the change, I only really dislike the change to TB ship battles, from multiple battles to one, making it much harder to win in TB.

Geo's did nothing, People didn't have Goe's up fast enough for them to make much of an impact at all. My shard alone never saw one fleet of Geo's until HT was already prevalent. People did not want to gear Geo's up. So Geo's never "ruined Fleet arena".

HT also, if you knew how to beat it, was not even an obstacle. Many ships countered HT before HT was even a thing. I was already using one of HT counters in my line up, which meant when people started using HT, I found them easier to beat. Much easier. If they put up their original ships I may have not taken first place for months against all the HT users.

The thing is. The Falcon destroys everything on offence and you need the right ships to handle it on your offence. Its a ship so strong it made a Capital ship that was 20 in the meta top 50 as compared to Thrawns which was in the thousands, to now already over a thousand people using AA in the top 50. If we all had Falcon, AA would be the only Capital in the top 50.

Falcon is a ship so strong that using it means you can auto 95% of your entire shard. Ht was never able to do that, Geo's never able to do that. Falcon actually owns everything. This is the difference here. You own Falcon. You win. you don't? Then prepare to face harder and harder uphill battles as people get better rebel ships.

A lot of this is just opinion and your own experience.... which is fine.... but i geared geos the second ships were reworked and untill HT came out i do not think i had a but a few battles last over 27 seconds.. post hounds tooth it went up to 1-1:30... now they suck against rebels ..... but still viable if you dont mind 50/50 win rate depending if spy hits his taunt on falcon.... just easier to run rebels now. Still no 27 second wins but quick....

Interested in bombers daze as it counters falcon except for the fact that if bomber is in your lineup you cant win right now lol
  • It just means they will be introducing more OP ships soon to balance it out
  • Yep. None of those other things broke ships.
    But the Millennium Falcon has.
    If you don't have it, you're in big trouble if you want to be competitive towards the top of the ships ranks.
    It's ridiculous that a single ship means you can't be beaten by people that don't have it.
    There's no paper, rock, scissors strategy anymore.
  • If you've been at the top of your fleet shard and didn't prep for the Falcon.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ meta changes are fast and disruptive. This is no different than others (and agree, Ships 2.0 changed everything, and quickly). IMHO, this is noting relative to the disruption that was ships 2.0.

Maybe I'm confused because I have three accounts and three Falcons and didn't really break a sweat getting them to five star.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    If you've been at the top of your fleet shard and didn't prep for the Falcon.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ meta changes are fast and disruptive. This is no different than others (and agree, Ships 2.0 changed everything, and quickly). IMHO, this is noting relative to the disruption that was ships 2.0.

Maybe I'm confused because I have three accounts and three Falcons and didn't really break a sweat getting them to five star.

How to prep for something that didn't exist until now and only now is confirmed to exist and also what is required to farm for a ship that never existed is only known now? :p That's like saying "Oh just have everything farmed maxed out so you are always "prepped". lol.

If they did the event right then it'd be empire ships to take the falcon, but because they wanted money, its bh ships, and you can't just use your already farmed up Slave one, no, it has to be "any 4" which was also a "surprise" right up until the release.

I've taken first place with no BH ships for months and months. I never wanted to farm them to prove a point, but now I have to and will just wait for Falcon to return so I can be competitive again, because sif pay 100's of dollars just to keep a spot I had worked hard for, for free.
    DarthGazza wrote: »
    It just means they will be introducing more OP ships soon to balance it out

As we've seen from Bast and then Revan, as we saw from Traya, they seem to like simmering the powerful toons for awhile. Then making you chase the bigger fish later on. So for some months I can see Falcon being a ship that will dominate, but upon its return, that is when other OP ships will come out :D
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    dimi4a wrote: »
    DarthGazza wrote: »
    It just means they will be introducing more OP ships soon to balance it out

There is no balancing it out! Ships just entered the power creep mode, just like arena and it will be getting worse with every new ship from this point onward...

ydpfz7b184hx.png

• I played a lot against Falcon+Ackbar fleets past days. In my shard actually i see ca 20 teams with it. Some with 7 star falcon, wow! I tried different aproaches, but it mostly ended up in a fast defeat. Very frustrating. With all the bonus attacks it is a fast massacre. No chance at all. Also against 5 star falcon i need much luck, seldom happening.
    3 dumbs down for this poor development.
  • dimi4a wrote: »
    I played a lot against Falcon+Ackbar fleets past days. In my shard actually i see ca 20 teams with it. Some with 7 star falcon, wow! I tried different aproaches, but it mostly ended up in a fast defeat. Very frustrating. With all the bonus attacks it is a fast massacre. No chance at all. Also against 5 star falcon i need much luck, seldom happening.
    3 dumbs down for this poor development.

When HT hit ships it was at least beatable and there was still some variety in top 15 of my shard. Now it's all Home One with Han's Falcon and they destroy everything non Rebel! Ships is officially broken!

If it’s broken. . . Then how come aa hmf rebel fleets can be beaten by empire geos fleets?
  • I play with empire geos fleet and you need muuuuuuuuuuuch luck to win with it.
    So yes, practicaly ships are “broken“.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Oh man, I will forever miss ships pre-Falcon era. This is worse then when 2.0 came out.
    Just like with Revan ruining normal Arena, Falcon has come in and just made the top 20 exclusive to Falcon owners.

You have AA and Falcon up, then gg you win, you have the others? prepare for hard battles that you mostly lose with you not being able to do anything about it. Prepare to Fear the AA ship, see that capital, move a long.

I am quite glad for my ship shard chat now, I'm not in it but because of it It allows me to jump between the OP shouldn't be this strong Falcon way to powerful it only exists because yay greedy devs ship.

./sigh, and ships was one of the last areas that I still found fun in this game.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I've taken first place with no BH ships for months and months. I never wanted to farm them to prove a point

You did prove a point. You proved that you're bad at planning ahead.

That said, I also agree that **** is unnecessarily powerful. I would have included one of outmabiuevre or the 50% assist chance, not both. My shard top 10 is now the 8 of us who unlocked falcon just shuffling around amongst each other, plus one or two other players who occasionally get lucky enough to break through.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Oh man, I will forever miss ships pre-Falcon era. This is worse then when 2.0 came out.
    Just like with Revan ruining normal Arena, Falcon has come in and just made the top 20 exclusive to Falcon owners.

You have AA and Falcon up, then gg you win, you have the others? prepare for hard battles that you mostly lose with you not being able to do anything about it. Prepare to Fear the AA ship, see that capital, move a long.

I am quite glad for my ship shard chat now, I'm not in it but because of it It allows me to jump between the OP shouldn't be this strong Falcon way to powerful it only exists because yay greedy devs ship.

./sigh, and ships was one of the last areas that I still found fun in this game.

AA vs AA i. Fleet is just like revan vs revan in arena it does suck