Canderous Ordo Gear Requirement

Wallynator94
170 posts Member
edited January 2019
Am I missing something? Why does Ordo require a mk5 stun gun, mk5 furnace, and stun cuff to get to GEAR 8?? If I’m not mistaken this is the only toon that needs that gear at g7...

Replies

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Yes it is, and yes, the next gear tier requires the exact same gear as g7 and its WAI
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Yes it is, and yes, the next gear tier requires the exact same gear as g7 and its WAI

I only believed that those gear would only be needed to take a toon from g8 to g9. Never saw it needed to go from 7 to 8.
  • Oh it’s WAI according to the devs and yet another example of how they’re out of touch with the players. You’d think that they’d make that a LATER requirement for gear not earlier.
    “We hear your requests to lessen the burden of required mk5 stun guns at Gear Level 8 and have now made them required on Gear level 7 AND Gear 8. See you on the Holotables!”
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Oh it’s WAI according to the devs and yet another example of how they’re out of touch with the players. You’d think that they’d make that a LATER requirement for gear not earlier.
    “We hear your requests to lessen the burden of required mk5 stun guns at Gear Level 8 and have now made them required on Gear level 7 AND Gear 8. See you on the Holotables!”
    What difference does it make? At the end of the day, he only needs 3 fully crafted stun guns to get to gear 12

They could do another Enfys Nest and require 3 stun guns in gear 11 or just spread out the stun guns to one gun at each level

At the end of the day you will need X amount of stun guns to gear up a toon to g12 and it doesn't matter which gear level of the gearing process they place those requirements in

EDIT: This is not an example of being out of touch with the player base
    Oh it’s WAI according to the devs and yet another example of how they’re out of touch with the players. You’d think that they’d make that a LATER requirement for gear not earlier.
    What difference does it make? At the end of the day, he only needs 3 fully crafted stun guns to get to gear 12

They could do another Enfys Nest and require 3 stun guns in gear 11 or just spread out the stun guns to one gun at each level

At the end of the day you will need X amount of stun guns to gear up a toon to g12 and it doesn't matter which gear level of the gearing process they place those requirements in

I see where your coming from, but that’s a serious roadblock for a low gear. Gear 7 is seriously pushing it. Maybe it’s because gear is more accessible now, but now you have a roadblock for multiple gear levels. Stun guns are one of the most needed pieces in the game and they want to implement them at 7? You need them to get to g9, you need them in g11, and you even need to craft them with raid pieces to get to 12. See where I’m getting at? As those pieces are starting to get introduced at a lower level, so will other pieces and the gear grind gets that much harder. I’m not saying it is or isn’t working as intended, but I’m a 3.7 mil gp player and this is the first toon I’ve seen this happen. That’s why I posted this discussion, not to bash them, but to get an answer.
  • Stop complaining, gear level past g8 are easy...
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Yeah, my post wasn't directed at you. I can tell you aren't out to bash anyone, and had an honest question. Stun guns haven't been more widely accessible and still a chore to obtain. A lot of people were surprised at the move, to the point the developers had to step in and say it was working as intended and not a bug of any kind
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Stop complaining, gear level past g8 are easy...

What’s with the toxicity? I’m not complaining, I have a general question. If one can’t post that on the forums then why be on here? I’m not new to gear levels, I know which ones are easy or not.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »

Thank you! That explains it for me. Just seems odd to me
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

Thank you! That explains it for me. Just seems odd to me
    I guess they want people to be more committed on gearing up a toon before wasting gear on a toon and then switching priorities midway
    Yeah, my post wasn't directed at you. I can tell you aren't out to bash anyone, and had an honest question. Stun guns haven't been more widely accessible and still a chore to obtain. A lot of people were surprised at the move, to the point the developers had to step in and say it was working as intended and not a bug of any kind

I appreciate that, Ordo had my whole guild confused today since he’s now farmable.
  • Hey thanks for sharing my thread, was just about to do that. It is nasty gear, but if you really like him (like me) you’ll do anything to gear him up.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Hey thanks for sharing my thread, was just about to do that. It is nasty gear, but if you really like him (like me) you’ll do anything to gear him up.

I’m with you, definitely going to gear him up. Seems fun to use, was just caught off guard today lol I went through your thread, a lot of good info. Thanks
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Hey thanks for sharing my thread, was just about to do that. It is nasty gear, but if you really like him (like me) you’ll do anything to gear him up.

I’m with you, definitely going to gear him up. Seems fun to use, was just caught off guard today lol I went through your thread, a lot of good info. Thanks

Sure thing, glad you learned somethings.😊
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • I really don’t like the his gear requirements, so I just choose not to do it, the DEVS don’t seem to care either way.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    For such a high gear requirement to be WAI, he must be an essential toon for something...

An annoyance to be certain but a workable one.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Im not sure if u have tried using canderous but he does ridiculous damage at g7. If u need him at a workable gear level just for any upcoming OD event, then yea he works fine at g7.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    What is WAI?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Lio wrote: »
    What is WAI?

@Lio

WAI = Working As Intended
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Lio wrote: »
    What is WAI?

@Lio

WAI = Working As Intended

Thanks, homie. You deserve a Moderator of the Year award, btw.
  • It's sad that Canderous needs an early stun gun like this, but if you dedicate time to farming stun guns over character shards, you actually can craft them at a reasonable rate. 2-3 per month. It just sucks because we all want to farm a million characters.

I think they did this because if he's like the other OR toons needed for Revan you only need him at G8. So they need to make it difficult to get to there for the purposes of making money.
  • Kluge wrote: »
    It is understood and expected that players will (or have) depleted their crystal reserves in order to get the ewoks for 3PO, BH for Chewy, BH ships for M F, etc. Now that Ordo is the next useless toon, but necessary to get Darth Revan, the gear requirements will be such that you have to $$$ to get the gear to get the next toon. WAI = keep pushing the ftp players to the brink of quitting in hopes that they convert to ptp.

Hero journey characters that have panic farm requirements are usually easy to unlock.

Therefore unless you want go use Ordo for something in particular, I would just leave him at G7. like my vets
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    It's weird that he needs stun guns so early, but he only needs three total, which isn't really that bad assuming you plan to take him to G12.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Lio wrote: »
    What is WAI?

Whaling as intended is somewhat accurate too
  • I just geared up my SRP for Bistans ship from g7 to g11 the last days.
    I'm still bleeding.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg