Am I the only one..?

Hi guys
I was just wondering, if I am all alone in the world in thinking that classic arena has gotten boring..?

In my shard we don't see Revans and Trayas that often. So it mostly comes down to 3 teams:
- EP lead, vader, thrawn, nihilius and sion
- zbastilla lead jedi
- Nightsisters

I myself am running the EP lead and so I know how to beat the other teams (and I guess they know how to beat me?)

It just seems to me, that the variety is VERY limited and once you have figured out how to beat the other team comps, it mostly becomes a chore...

Am I alone in this thinking?

Replies

• Options
    Metas will change, especially as your shard matures.
  • Options
    Many people weren't around for 50 straight CLS portraits while browsing "Ranks". Arena is in a pretty good place. Unless something else happens, it won't be once Revan returns.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're on a recent shard. Top 50 of mine is like 45 Revans with a few CLS/Chewie/3P0s and god-modded Nightsisters mixed in.

Anyway, the nature of competitive PVP in most any game is that 90% of players will end up using the "meta" team or teams. That's why it's called that. It's boring, yes, but it's either use the same team as all the other top competitors, or don't be competitive.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I would love to be on that shard. Mine is almost all Revan and Traya (neither of which I have yet). My shard is around launch date. Surprisingly, I finished at 19 a few days ago, which, even after all this time, has been my best finish. I am currently using CLS, Han, Chewie, R2 and C-3PO. I don't have any god mods and Chewie is G10 and C-3PO G11. I haven't been able to beat a Revan team yet, still working on the correct strategy. I am about 50/50 with Traya, just depends on the make up of the squad. The main problem is, the better my rank, the more 300+ speed toons I run into, and I just can't compete with those.
  • Options
    There's only really Sith/Empire teams and Bastilla-led Jedi teams in mine.

I can wipe the floor every time with Sith/Empire teams and can do nothing against Bastilla-led Jedi teams.

So yeah, it's not that inspiring to be honest.
  • Options
    Perhaps it's because my shard is relatively young, but I see more variety. FO, Imp Troopers, Bounty Hunters with and without Chewie, and a CLS team with Chewie and Threepio (our whaliest whale). Of course there are a bunch of Bastila teams, but the team composition varies greatly. Some already have GK and GMY, some use zJolee etc. The climb into the top 10 is different every day, but that'll probably change when Revan returns.
  • Options
    its all pretty boring really but we keep coming back every day for some reason. im still not quite sure why lol but i do it
  • Options
    That's why Grand Arena needs to be a normal thing.