Captain Rex, Jewel of the Outer Rim

2Next

Replies

• I must say it does very well on defense with that extra health and turn meter manipulation, 9 percent health for RG is a lot, and it can mean life or death of one of your cannons in round 1. I personally don't have RG leveled up but I would actually imagine being able to beat your team easier if I had him. Thank you for your post, I kinda want my own Rex now lol.

I've actually realize as well when fighting your team you may not want to have QGJ lead or have him go first because he's first attack w/ assist will probably not kill the target unless i get lucky with crits and the assistor being Rey. This will cause RG to taunt. So having douku on my team and him going first and then QGJ finish definitely helps the chances to counter your team.
  • I love you all too. And yes, the presence of RG is currently hamstringing the effectiveness of QGJ to no end, with only teams running Dooku and Yoda in front of him able to not have him be as hamstrung (and the AI sucks at focus fire, so it's pretty bad).
    I think soon we will see an interesting rise in either non-QGJ led teams or something else as a knee-**** reaction to the RGs. My reaction has been this Rex lead, and the nastiness that Rex brings to the bedroom.
    my goal was to have a defensively strong or winning team, and I think that Rex is the way to get that. No team is perfect on d, but as I've said, this is the closest I personally have come.
  • Very nice post. I've been enjoying using your Rex as an ally character as well, thanks for that :)
  • Hella late reply, but here are the videos
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuJ9xwB_QAM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSVaZIJc3ns

Made a lot of dumb decisions during the fights, but my team won even with one of team members couldn't survive the initial burst of damage in both matches.

I'll give it a couple more goes tomorrow.

unite everyone!
  • Hi CookieCrispp,

Posting to say that i fought your Rex led team twice a couple nights ago. I actually purposely picked your team because of the Rex lead and obviously I hadn't seen that from anyone. I didn't remember what Rex did and I really didn't care. I hadn't lost an offensive battle in a month and whatever this Rex guy can do doesn't scare me. Welp! I started as normal and when Sids turn came up I dropped the AOE. Rex turn and he must have used squad discipline and then all h e double hockey sticks broke loose. I didn't lose, I got destroyed. Well that was fun. Of course I had to play you again and actually be a whole lot smarter and I did win the 2nd game. But even if you can win 25% of your defense games that is a huge win. Anyways, loved to see something different in arena and I commend you for trying something new. Also, awesome write up on Rex in this post.

Hi Beastmode :)

As for RG, I'll have him 6 star in a week and will be replacing Sid with him. I don't like Sid in my team at all but I don't have anyone to replace him at the moment in this meta. RG should be way better. Cheers guys!
  • I think the real factors in favor of Rex are that he is very very unforgiving if you don't have a plan and that he is ruthless on offense. To me, he's a better Yoda (though Yoda is better at stopping OB locks) in terms of team utility and gains. I am not 100% sure my win rate on defense, but I am fairly certain that it is higher than people feel comfortable with.

And warmonkey, awesome matches. Wish you weren't getting rngd at the start so the team could play to its fullest, but I think resilience in arena, especially with rough rng, is actually a really good thing.
  • Hello Sky. It's great to hear more about how the team performs on defense. Yeah, relying on Sid makes it very hard to push past Rex, your RG will serve you really well.
  • Thanks for the post CookieCrispp some really interesting information here. You have always run a fantastic team and i really enjoy the challenge of trying out your new team changes. Your current team is solid and it's refreshing to see a new team leader(Rex) in our top 5.

I see some others from our shard in here! Hello to Sky, Beastmode & dkredsox! It has been a pleasure challenging your teams over the last few months. Really nice to see how we have all evolved after meta changes and i look forward to many more good fights with you guys!

Paarngfig what name do you use in Arena?
  • Hi GenKillYou! Yes it's so great to see people from our shard here. Looks like Rex have united us!!!
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    One major issue with your setup is that speed dps like Yoda QGJ and even GS to a certain extent don't do critical damage that often so your team won't actually gain that early turn meter in a reliable way. Still, Rex shows us future Aurodium characters will have something special.
  • xJazzx wrote: »
    One major issue with your setup is that speed dps like Yoda QGJ and even GS to a certain extent don't do critical damage that often so your team won't actually gain that early turn meter in a reliable way. Still, Rex shows us future Aurodium characters will have something special.

I would argue that GS is actually one of the higher crit toons. However, it is important to note that the point of this team is to thrive without any sort of reliance on procs or random turn meter gains. In fact, the only problem right now is that bugged squad discipline does require some rng regarding enemy debuffs on my team (for defensive AI usage). The crit turn meter is just gravy IMO.
  • xJazzx wrote: »
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    I agree, but not many of us have him at 7*
    Perosnally im only at 6* and that cost abit to get

Also, an example of how team would be:
    Rex(L)
    Rey
    RG
    QGJ
    GS
    If anyone wanted an example team or idea.

Good write up.
    Got any ideas for a Rex led tanky teams?

The problem for Rex (IMO) is that on defense he will probably use squad discipline first. Anyone with a mostly full turn meter will obviously gain much less, leading me to believe that he is optimal only on teams in which all or most of the team is above 127 speed. As there just aren't many tanky guys that fit that bill, I think you're probably best using a clone-esque team for him. I believe in the clone thread something such as Rex, Fives, Clone Sgt, Phasma, RG would be viable. For a Rex specific team, maybe something such as Rex, RG, Daka, Kylo, Fives or even Rex, Poggle, Ventrdss, Snowtrooper, Kylo.
    Keep in mind that I am very biased about defense viability, so I haven't even thought about slow tanky teams yet.

I agree. If the team spends all its attacks into his discipline into a second round. Rex is just a new phasma. What if the team waz. Rex. Ray. Rg. Daka. Gs. Or Rex. Dooku. Sidious. Qgj. Gs