Chances we get a Road Ahead today

Replies

• Road ahead sometime... maybe. soon or october.
  • Same chance to get 330 shards of a marquee banner character
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    It's amazing how they haven't figured this out yet.... They screw themselves over every time by not having it ready when the actual quarter starts and then when they do finally release it there isn't anything on it...

It's almost like they don't know when the quarter actually starts because they apparently don't understand the whole "planning ahead to meet their deadlines" thing.

They told us it was going to be late, before it was due. then shortly after they said they would give us an update when they knew more.

its almost like people just want to ignore that.

If I worked in a restaurant and told my boss an hour before every shift that I was going to be late, and again 2 hours into my shifts start time that I'd be there "soon" I highly doubt I would still have a job..

Them telling us it's going to be late is a nice gesture, to a degree.. They DO know when each quarter starts, planning ahead to have the "Road Ahead" post completed or at least close to completion shouldn't be an overly difficult task.

Yes, but if you told you boss you had an appointment a week before and you would be late and not exactly sure when you would get in, then an hour in told him you are still there and would be later than expected. They would cut you some slack.

Again, the road ahead is not just information, it's a plan. They need people to state what will be done in a range up to 2 months out, with some level of certainty. Doing that 2 months before, would make that 4 months out. That's not always easy. They also need all communication to be approved, it's not a simple process. But no matter. Gripe on!

This is way past an hour in. More like calling the boss two weeks later and saying your still going to be late from that appointment two weeks ago and will update the boss again in the coming weeks.
    Post edited by 3pourr2 on
  • Kyno wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    It's amazing how they haven't figured this out yet.... They screw themselves over every time by not having it ready when the actual quarter starts and then when they do finally release it there isn't anything on it...

It's almost like they don't know when the quarter actually starts because they apparently don't understand the whole "planning ahead to meet their deadlines" thing.

They told us it was going to be late, before it was due. then shortly after they said they would give us an update when they knew more.

If I worked in a restaurant and told my boss an hour before every shift that I was going to be late, and again 2 hours into my shifts start time that I'd be there "soon" I highly doubt I would still have a job..

Them telling us it's going to be late is a nice gesture, to a degree.. They DO know when each quarter starts, planning ahead to have the "Road Ahead" post completed or at least close to completion shouldn't be an overly difficult task.

Yes, but if you told you boss you had an appointment a week before and you would be late and not exactly sure when you would get in, then an hour in told him you are still there and would be later than expected. They would cut you some slack.

Again, the road ahead is not just information, it's a plan. They need people to state what will be done in a range up to 2 months out, with some level of certainty. Doing that 2 months before, would make that 4 months out. That's not always easy. They also need all communication to be approved, it's not a simple process. But no matter. Gripe on!

Keep in mind THEY were the ones that originally set the schedule for the road ahead, not us or something we demanded from them. The quarterly road ahead was completely their idea.

Correct and last time they were not as forthcoming about it being late and people complain. This time they gave as much notice as they could and an update......and people complain.

The consistency that is being seen here is less on thier end and more somewhere else than many care to admit.

Also to follow the example before, that person could be working the shift they prefer and asked for, and again with notice, any decent boss would cut them some slack. But no matter. Gripe on!!

That’s just fine if it’s one time..... but now it’s a pattern. Any decent boss would be initiating disciplinary action for a pattern of behavior.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Guessing early February to announce the panic farm for whatever comes mid February... probably Darth Revan

They can’t releaae him until another go around of JKR. If they release Darth Revan before JKR, people will quit en mass.

En mass? Hahaha
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Revan news, but no update about the update updating us about the update which will update us on the updated road ahead. #RIProadahead

And when they do actually release the Road Ahead the only thing it will contain is.. "Revan is coming this quarter!!!"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Keep in mind THEY were the ones that originally set the schedule for the road ahead, not us or something we demanded from them. The quarterly road ahead was completely their idea.

Correct and last time they were not as forthcoming about it being late and people complain. This time they gave as much notice as they could and an update......and people complain.

The consistency that is being seen here is less on thier end and more somewhere else than many care to admit.

Also to follow the example before, that person could be working the shift they prefer and asked for, and again with notice, any decent boss would cut them some slack. But no matter. Gripe on!!

That’s just fine if it’s one time..... but now it’s a pattern. Any decent boss would be initiating disciplinary action for a pattern of behavior.

Wouldnt a patter be the same thing repeated?

Last time we had no information, this time we have been given the information that it would be late and an update saying it is still being worked on. Slight but different.

Anyway, it's coming.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member

Wouldnt a patter be the same thing repeated?

Last time we had no information, this time we have been given the information that it would be late and an update saying it is still being worked on. Slight but different.

Anyway, it's coming.

But not today! Lol. I really dont care, I just love reading these posts.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Revan news, but no update about the update updating us about the update which will update us on the updated road ahead. #RIProadahead
    What's the point? The number of days to wait doesn't change. They can tell us today that its 25 days from now or 20 days later they tell us its going to be out in a week. In the end, we just have to be patient until it gets posted instead of complaining about it daily whenever they inform us of other things. There is more stuff going on than just the road ahead blog
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2019

Yes because being late on the next one after being a month late on the last one means no excuse will work.

Only prompt delivery on time would ever be good enough. In fact early would have been the best way to go.

People arent ignoring it, they just arent accepting it
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

In what world would you get that? If i were employing you to be there 1 day every 3 months and you no showed last quarter or came in half way through your shift and then you told me you were missing this next one.... you would come back next quarter to find someone in your seat doing your job.

Youve proven yourself not dependable for something i expect to get 4 times in a year.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ShaggyB wrote: »

In what world would you get that? If i were employing you to be there 1 day every 3 months and you no showed last quarter or came in half way through your shift and then you told me you were missing this next one.... you would come back next quarter to find someone in your seat doing your job.

Youve proven yourself not dependable for something i expect to get 4 times in a year.

in what world would you only work 1 day every 3 months?
  • The way this is going you might as well call it the quarter in review.

But then again... if they starting doing that.. they will be late with that too.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Exactly.... you wouldnt get slack, as you are 3 into a job and 2 of those 3 are late. You are basically on a short list now.

Thats just corporations 101.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Politicians :lol:
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Politicians :lol:

Zing zing
  • I think they will post Road Ahead with/after Darth Revan announcement. No point in disclosing they immediate plans so people would have time to farm. Not that there will be any, but still.
  • Kyno's just stalling so the road ahead is coming soon.....

• Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Xezee wrote: »
    I think they will post Road Ahead with/after Darth Revan announcement. No point in disclosing they immediate plans so people would have time to farm. Not that there will be any, but still.

Currently there are only two new kotor characters available to farm, if you aren't farming them that's a you problem. You dont need notice to tell you to farm characters that are farmable.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    What's the point? The number of days to wait doesn't change. They can tell us today that its 25 days from now or 20 days later they tell us its going to be out in a week. In the end, we just have to be patient until it gets posted instead of complaining about it daily whenever they inform us of other things. There is more stuff going on than just the road ahead blog

The point is them be constantly late. The road ahead is late, the update to update us is late, the improvement on communication is late. The whole point of these forums is to share information. They share info with us about the game and we share info about our feedback, good or bad. If you are fine with waiting and the current status of the game, that’s fine, I’m not. I expect more from a multi million dollar company, as we all should....especially a company that I patronize.
    Its not late they are just delaying it on purpose. They'll share information when they want to not when you want them to tell you. This forum is a source of information but that information is at CG's discretion, and your complaints won't change that
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    i think about half of Feb, with Feb calendar, we wil know something about Feb...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

The point is them be constantly late. The road ahead is late, the update to update us is late, the improvement on communication is late. The whole point of these forums is to share information. They share info with us about the game and we share info about our feedback, good or bad. If you are fine with waiting and the current status of the game, that’s fine, I’m not. I expect more from a multi million dollar company, as we all should....especially a company that I patronize.
    Its not late they are just delaying it on purpose. They'll share information when they want to not when you want them to tell you. This forum is a source of information but that information is at CG's discretion, and your complaints won't change that

Crumb said that we would get an update in 2 weeks...which was yesterday, which didn’t happen, which means late. I didn’t set this deadline, he did.

And I think you are wrong about complaints not changing the game. I bet that toon bans will not make it back into the game...why, because people complained. Our complaints won’t change everything we want changed, but this forum lets our voice be heard. I dunno why you keep complaining about the complaints.

I gave you an update, I know that doesnt counte but I tried.
  • I think next week we’ll be big... we get Revan’s event, the new login toon, the new Calendar, etc. maybe a Road Ahead. I think they’ll drop some information on us next week.
  • I think next week we’ll be big... we get Revan’s event, the new login toon, the new Calendar, etc. maybe a Road Ahead. I think they’ll drop some information on us next week.

Hoping for better than last time... heres the info that was leaked... glad you waited
This discussion has been closed.