Chances we get a Road Ahead today

1234568Next

Replies

• Doesnt matter I'm ready for Malak/DarthRevan either way take your time :)
  • Monel wrote: »
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    What amazes me is peoples inability to read between the lines. If they had something to tell us they would tell us. Since they havent told us anything that means they either dont have anything to tell us are they cant tell us anything. Hence the silence.

Methodically releasing info is a far cry from they don't have information and the only "can't" would be upper management witholding that info until the Revan event comes out and after people pour resources into him.

The road ahead likely isn't delayed for reasons because they have to get the approval on the information they are releasing, I have no doubt in my mind that everything is written, planned and approved. They are just waiting for the time that they were approved to publicly post that information.

Right, so if they are waiting until its approved that means they currently cant.

I get that, I said that to be true... But it's all very meticulous and schemy, there are no ifs and or buts about the content itself waiting approval, just the timing.

Ok, so we are agreeing! Good day sir or ma'am!

Yup. It just seemed like you were giving them the benefit of the doubt type post so sorry for possibly putting words into your mouth

Kyno was the one that is insulting people's intelligence acting like Revan has nothing to do with the "delay" so I just assumed you were along his train of thought
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Because feeding the peasants keeps them happy. Happy peasants are less likely to revolt. Play Lords of the Realm 2 and see what happens when the peasants are not fed.

Also Big trouble in little China not getting any love ITT

But why feed them for free when they keep giving you money. Hey I agree it is a good PR move to keep the players happy and invested in the game but with the $$ first mindset the game appears to have lately I really don't think they care. Not sure if EA is trying to make up losses elsewhere or what is going on but don't expect anything for free anytime soon even if it is just a hey expect Prequel trilogy Content within the next 6 months.

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Nauros wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    We are working to get the Road Ahead up as soon as it's ready! As Kyno mentioned, this week is looking like a strong possibility but no promises. Cross your fingers and toes despite what Obi Wan says
    bmrh2ytlux30.gif

Any chance you guys are starting on the next one to avoid being late.

At this point i dont care about whats in this one, i only care that its on time based on the cadence you guys set.

Is April's going to come in early April or can we expect it in May?

Is July's going to come in early July or August?

Is October's going to be in early October or middle November again?

Will we start getting the calendars before the new month starts?

Will you guys communicate in a timely manor, which you promised us you would... or do we just accept that communication is not a priority now?

To paraphrase a quote from the movie...
    Try not Crumb, do or do not.
    Just tell us if you will or you will not meet the cadence you set and then do that.
    yb8r32s7s80g.jpg
    In CG's defense, this road ahead was going to be late from the start due to the holidays. They said they plan on releasing it on Jan before the holidays and update us if they can't, which Crumb did with a bunch of other information like zFinn fix is being delayed since there were some issues the same week they came back from the holidays.

They've been pretty clear and open with the status of the Road Ahead. I know some people like to imagine CG staff are robots and shouldn't be given holidays during the hoilday season because they make millions, but these robots have families too

Yeah, lots of holidays in january holding them back. Smh, its ok cg dude , plenty of ppl wont care , no need to come on here with this absurd post about holidays from a month ago.
    Its been over a month since the holidays , no excuse for it to be this late unless its intentional. Which will be obvious once its released after the Revan event starts.

The return of an event has never been on the Road Ahead, so I'm not sure that has anything to do with it.

We shall see, if it comes out after the 31st with the newest flavor of the month, then waiting till after the Revan event is exactly as planned. But im sure thats not it. Its just they are still working on whats coming out in the next 2 months , since they certainly didnt have anything planned 2 years out and all lol.

People need to stop with this two months/two years business. There is a huge difference between having a general plan for what you intend to accomplish in the next few years, and having a specific plan in place that you are ready to announce for what you will definitely be able to release in the next few months. Having A in no way guarantees that you have B, and not being ready to release B for public consumption is not evidence that you don’t actually have A.

If I have a 5 year plan for my life, it’s going to be broad strokes. It doesn’t mean I can tell you exactly what I’m going to be doing in 3 months.

Add the scenario to it. If you cant do that why would you tell everyone that every 3 months you would tell what the next 3 looked like.

And wouldnt you admit you couldnt do that and change your release of said information with those eagerly awaiting an update on your next 3 months.

You gave your word, the least you could do after missing it by a month is admit you cant keep up and set a new schedule.

I’m not arguing about whether it’s ok for the Road Ahead to be late or not. I’m only arguing with the nonsense people keep spouting that the Road Ahead being late means they are lying when they say they have a 3-year plan.

Now that i can agree with. Wanting to release darth revan and episode 9 characters has to be on the list but yeah december release dates likely arent locked down.....

But i bet christmas is lol.... so i still expect january road ahead to be in the first week back from holiday

Keep in mind that posting the road ahead isn't that simple, it has to go through rounds of approval and so on, so the first week after holidays is unrealistic. That said, a month later does seem a bit too much...

That i disagree with for 2 reasons.

1. If its for a quarter starting on X and ending Z month... giving it to me at the beginning of Y is unacceptable.
    2. Being super late on the last one means the next one should be on time or early... no exceptions.

I get holidays wont have people at work. It should have been done and through approvals by december 15th.

I have to have stuff done for the holidays regardless of when they fall... in fact special processing due to holidays is a thing i plan for with even the smallest of holidays.... christmas is a no brainer.
  • Monel wrote: »
    What amazes me is peoples inability to read between the lines. If they had something to tell us they would tell us. Since they havent told us anything that means they either dont have anything to tell us are they cant tell us anything. Hence the silence.

They broke the cadence they said they would follow, I understand why that might upset you, but this is second time they did. The cadence they set cant be followed for some reason. The fact that it has happened twice means there is no cadence anymore. Time to get past it. We have all said we would do things and then didnt follow through, we have all done things we said we would never do. No big deal, either enjoy the game or don't. That's up to you.

It's super easy to post a new cadence or confirm the old one is gone.... takes very little effort
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member

They broke the cadence they said they would follow, I understand why that might upset you, but this is second time they did. The cadence they set cant be followed for some reason. The fact that it has happened twice means there is no cadence anymore. Time to get past it. We have all said we would do things and then didnt follow through, we have all done things we said we would never do. No big deal, either enjoy the game or don't. That's up to you.

It's super easy to post a new cadence or confirm the old one is gone.... takes very little effort

It does indeed take little effort. And they did say it would late. And just a few days ago he said our was coming, possibly this week. They aren't going to set deadlines they obviously can't meet.
  • I'm just happy the February event calendar came out in January. Maybe my expectations are too low.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

It does indeed take little effort. And they did say it would late. And just a few days ago he said our was coming, possibly this week. They aren't going to set deadlines they obviously can't meet.

Again they said it would be late after being a month late last time from when they were supposed to put it out per their own cadence.

Now they are a month late again because holidays.... which is not an excuse because noone doesn't know Christmas and new years are coming.

It takes no effort to set a new cadence.... it takes no effort to admit you can't deliver on time and let us know the new time/cadence... soon and maybe this week and getting close are not acceptable.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    I'm just happy the February event calendar came out in January. Maybe my expectations are too low.

Lol that's is a first.... been a few months since that was on time.

Funny how the game gave us events before the Jan calendar was announced.... even with those pesky holidays. Lol.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Road Ahead feels lackluster

oh well

EDIT: Rancor Raid sim is great but can we get the same for Tank Raid?
This discussion has been closed.