The next time you decide to make special rules for a TW, could you please TELL US IN GAME?

Not all players have an account on this forum and even those that do, they don't all come here every day.
First anyone in my Guild knew anything was different was when one Imperial Trooper kept resurrecting in a fight. No other Troopers in the squad, just one that came back five times. We had to come to this forum to find out what was going on and that's when we learn about all the other fun things that're going to happen - far too late for us to factor it into our own Defences.
So next time there's such powerful special rules for an event as there are for this Territory War, could you maybe tell us in the game itself and not keep it a secret among the forum regulars?? Absolutely ridiculous that nothing was said in game!

Replies

• It is also listed on the details page of the event.
  • pqyfoj2jp7vx.jpg

Not only on forum
  • And they think everyone checks the Details of every event every time?
    When's the last time any of you checked the Details page on the Rancor Raid without being told there might be something new?
  • There is a listed bonus on every single TW section... no excuses open your eyes and quit complaining
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    @Stenun please see the four icons not present in the game for the last tw. Select them for explanation of the buffs.

2e7x1zw7a9x7.jpg
  • Rancor lacks a history of changes affecting it, whereas TW has been different for quite some time.
  • Unless you KNOW there is something new, why would you constantly check for something new?

I ask again, when did any of you last check the Details page of the Rancor Raid?

Unless attention is drawn to changes, changes will be missed. I will put money on my guild not being the only one to miss this.
  • When they mail you update notices in the game they include a sentence with a link that says something along the line of "For a full explanation of all changes visit this link to the forums."

Your request is already fulfilled. You just don't do it.
  • I'd be very curious to know:

1) How many of you saying the information was in game are also people who accidentally bought a pack for crystals a few weeks ago when the Bronzium Data Card was moved in the store? I mean, the notification was in game right but how many people missed it because the Devs did not draw attention to the change?

and

2) Why the heck the Devs learned nothing from that experience?
  • Stenun wrote: »
    Unless you KNOW there is something new, why would you constantly check for something new?
    TW special rules change frequently.
    Stenun wrote: »
    I ask again, when did any of you last check the Details page of the Rancor Raid?
    Rancor rules have not changed in all the time I have been playing.
    Unless attention is drawn to changes, changes will be missed. I will put money on my guild not being the only one to miss this.
    If not one person in your guild is paying attention, that is your problem.
  • We have had TW bonuses before. The TW before was also different, because of the characters bans. You could expect some changes for this TW.

And for the forum only thing. You don't need an account here to read posts. Most guilds have leaders and officers who keep track on forum. So if your guild didn't know about these bonuses, you are not in an well organized one.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    If not one person in your guild is paying attention, that is your problem.

Seriously. Not one person in the entire guild knew anything about these bonuses? Then that's a pretty casual guild so I can't imagine they care much about TW anyway.
  • icanectc wrote: »
    I'd be very curious to know:

1) How many of you saying the information was in game are also people who accidentally bought a pack for crystals a few weeks ago when the Bronzium Data Card was moved in the store? I mean, the notification was in game right but how many people missed it because the Devs did not draw attention to the change?

and

To be fair your original complaint was it was not in game. And it was.

Now you have changed your position to they should have pointed you to read the changes that were made because they differ from original details. And sure that's valid point.

I'd like to make another point that your guild leader and officers failed you for not informing their guild members that changes were coming. If they didn't know they sould n't be running a guild imo

I accept that there was information in game but there wasn't exactly a "notification". The information presented in game was not fit for purpose.

And no, the Guild Officers don't live on this forum - they go on in game information. And if that information is not presented in a decent manner, they are just as likely to miss it as regular members.

The Devs dropped the ball here by not making it obvious in game that there were important changes. Same as with the Bronzium Data Card mix up a few weeks ago. We need more attention drawn to in game changes and an end to the assumption that all players camp on the forum.
  • No.
    I completely reject the idea that the guild officers and leaders should be monitoring the forums just because the Devs aren't telling us IN GAME when they make changes TO THE GAME.
    That's a position that completely and utterly ignores the Devs' role in this situation and even gives them a free pass.
    It is the duty of the people running the game to tell us when there are significant changes to the game. You can't pass the buck to anyone else here.
  • Stenun wrote: »
    No.
    I completely reject the idea that the guild officers and leaders should be monitoring the forums just because the Devs aren't telling us IN GAME when they make changes TO THE GAME.
    They did tell us in game, in the appropriate place. If you failed to do due dilligence and check the TW description page for special rules which are known to change frequently, that is your fault.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    It is also listed on the details page of the event.

Still an in-game notification that those details have changed, is a quite fair request.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    No.
    They did tell us in game, in the appropriate place. If you failed to do due dilligence and check the TW description page for special rules which are known to change frequently, that is your fault.

When road signs are changed, they don't just change the signs and leave it at that. They put up additional signs drawing attention to the fact that there have been changes.

When a sports league changes a rule, they don't just change it in the new rule book and leave it at that. They draw attention to it, repeatedly.

When the Bronzium Data Card was moved and the Devs did NOT draw attention to it, it caused considerable fuss and problems for a lot of people.
  • On your road signs comparison...

How would the police respond if a motorist failed to notice the speed limit had changed? Would they apologise for not making the change obvious enough? Or would they say “book ‘em dano”?
  • On your road signs comparison...

How would the police respond if a motorist failed to notice the speed limit had changed? Would they apologise for not making the change obvious enough? Or would they say “book ‘em dano”?

That is a far more complicated question than I think you realise.
    https://www.crowemulvey.com/automobile-accidents/road-defects/lack-of-signs/
    "One of the most integral elements of smoothly flowing and safe traffic is the proper posting and visibility of road signs. Road signs are the number one method of communicating road conditions and rules to drivers. Therefore, when these road signs are not posted or damaged to the point that they are unreadable, more accidents are likely to happen and more injuries are likely to occur. "

If the road signs are judged insufficient, even if they are there, drivers do have a legal case.

But I think we are getting away from the original intention of my analogy here. I was illustrating that extra care is taken to draw people's attention to changes that are made.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    kxw9iamfcos7.png

icanectc wrote: »
    I'd be very curious to know:

and

To be fair your original complaint was it was not in game. And it was.

Now you have changed your position to they should have pointed you to read the changes that were made because they differ from original details. And sure that's valid point.

I'd like to make another point that your guild leader and officers failed you for not informing their guild members that changes were coming. If they didn't know they sould n't be running a guild imo

I accept that there was information in game but there wasn't exactly a "notification". The information presented in game was not fit for purpose.

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.