RIP Revan

Prev1
Gair
616 posts Member
edited January 2019
ReBorn on Oct 18th, a short lived return, never to return again.

3 things I've learned..

1. If too many people buy you, then their release candice breaks gets delayed up to 140 days.

2. If you are still top meta when you are supposed to return, you dont!

3. If too many will have you when you do return, you wont!

You will always be in our prayers.

Edit: #1
Post edited by Gair on

Replies

• Yep holding revan back to make the whales happy is the worst thing cg has ever done.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    There is no candance on Revan, and he wasn’t suppose to return today so no idea where you are getting your info from
  • Eh? Still well within the cadence CG set for a journey event.
  • Was really disappointed when it became clear he wasn’t returning in 90 days.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    What is broken? can you clarify?

There is nothing in the release cadence about the second run of an event. other than stating it is still 'new'.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    100+ days no return. Please.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gair wrote: »

that has nothing to do with the release cadence.

wanting something to return and it not =/= them breaking the release cadence they have stated.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

wanting something to return and it not =/= them breaking the release cadence they have stated.

Although I completely agree with you on the basic principal of what you are saying, as most averages are around 90 to 100 return.

Feb is a Sith month, and last year we didn't have anything Light side return. Sure we got the Marauder and such, but it was purely Sith all month. That pushes Revan out to almost 140 days on a return.
  • And cls was 140 days for his second appearance. There really is no way to try predict revans return
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    And cls was 140 days for his second appearance. There really is no way to try predict revans return

This fact is true, although old in '17. It is basically where my thoughts were on 140 days.

• JTR was over 100 days as well on 2nd run. Pump the brakes
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Keep in mind, CLS and RJT were heroic journeys, they have emphasized that this event is called an Ancient Journey so its a completely new kind of event that has never been done before
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Although I completely agree with you on the basic principal of what you are saying, as most averages are around 90 to 100 return.

Feb is a Sith month, and last year we didn't have anything Light side return. Sure we got the Marauder and such, but it was purely Sith all month. That pushes Revan out to almost 140 days on a return.

but as you can see in the above posts, most averages were not that, and this still has nothing to do with the release cadence, as there is nothing stated about the averages you are suggesting.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Keep in mind, CLS and RJT were heroic journeys, they have emphasized that this event is called an Ancient Journey so its a completely new kind of event that has never been done before

Now I'm going to have to pay real close attention to the verbiage when it populates on scheduling. You may be on to something there.
  • My guess is he comes back February 14, but I’ll be happy if he comes back sooner.
  • According to this page "https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1429038#Comment_1429038", Luke's Hero Journey, Rey's Hero Journey and Legend of the Old Republic are the only 'rare' events (i.e. Event Frequency Type). Looking at 'swgohevents.com' (which, by the way, changed the Legend of the Old Republic event to 'Coming soon' again), the longest first time return of such an event is 140 days. So... at the latest March 7th, probably :smile: .
  • Well i hope he doesnt return in 150 days... when i am able to get him :D
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    I bet on 1/31...
  • Gair
    616 posts Member

but as you can see in the above posts, most averages were not that, and this still has nothing to do with the release cadence, as there is nothing stated about the averages you are suggesting.

JTR
    2018-10-11 101
    2018-06-14 119
    2018-03-15 91
    2017-12-15 90

CLS
    2019-01-10 10
    2018-10-04 98
    2018-06-28 98
    2018-03-22 98
    2017-12-28 84
    2017-08-10 140

140 is not within the normal standard here.

You do make me aware of a point regarding "LEGACY journeys and events" that constitute the 3-4 month time-frame based on the march dev post.

Revan is not on the 3rd yet, so it isn't considered "legacy". Now if you want to use that as fuel to the reasoning, then I 100% agree. It could span up to 140 days and probably halt most arguments.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

JTR
    2018-10-11 101
    2018-06-14 119
    2018-03-15 91
    2017-12-15 90

CLS
    2019-01-10 10
    2018-10-04 98
    2018-06-28 98
    2018-03-22 98
    2017-12-28 84
    2017-08-10 140

140 is not within the normal standard here.

You do make me aware of a point regarding "LEGACY journeys and events" that constitute the 3-4 month time-frame based on the march dev post.

Revan is not on the 3rd yet, so it isn't considered "legacy". Now if you want to use that as fuel to the reasoning, then I 100% agree. It could span up to 140 days and probably halt most arguments.

yes this is not a legacy event, so the only comparison that can be made is to the first return of either of those events. 140 being the longer of the 2 is the outside edge of what anyone can base an estimate on.

my only point about your post was that nothing is being broken regarding the release cadence.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Just for you Kyno to conform to "legacy" standards.

"1. If too many people buy you, then their release candice breaks gets delayed up to 140 days."
  • I'm not ready for him yet so I'm completely happy with this push back. I think a big problem a lot of the complainers on here is that they assume every single player started the same day they did.
  • It's difficult because some of us were close the first time, and have been ready to go for ages now. Add to that the massive trauma of RnGesus dependant arena battles against Revan Squads every day and some of us are at our wits end. The thought of Revan not even being meta when he comes back, because a new payperwin chsracter has dropped, could be the straw that breaks the camel's back. I have all the gear to get revan to gear 12+, zetas are ready, OR characters are sorted (well) but no appearance from revan. IT'S been crazy crazy waiting game for 3 months. 3 painful months of competing with a seriously op meta. For those saying "be patient and I still need tine to farm the OR characters" , you clearly haven't been focused and if revan returns now, you plainly don't deserve him.
  • Is it me or do some event take a while to return? Wasn't Thrawn a very long wait as well?????
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    Is it me or do some event take a while to return? Wasn't Thrawn a very long wait as well?????

The second arrival of a legendary/ HJ event is always up in the air. Thrawn was 114 days, so right in the middle of JTR and CLS
  • Revan_Presence
    65 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Your Revan kit is a highest paywall this game has ever knew.
    2qpn86.png?width=376&height=376
    Most of the players hate you for that. You gave them the reason. You deserve to be hated.
    And as if that wasn't enough, now you release OT Falcon instead of toon that was hysterically farmed by pretty much everybody for like last 3-3.5 months.
    Of course nobody gave any guarantees that he'll be back this january. And so what?..
    We have the usual cadence here, arena paylock there, and everybody around farming OR toons. It doesn't matter who has or haven't announced what, as long as so much people are upset with what you did.
    Each day you are not returning JKR, since 10.01.2019, gives one more solid reason to hate you. Each day you become more disgusting for all the players who's expectations were deceived. One of top 10 expectations was that arena paylock won't stay for that long.
    Or what, this paylock was meant to stay? Then why don't you just stand up, step forward and say: "Dear players, our shining new buisness plan is to keep arena top for the whales and krakens only. Everybody else, enjoy being non-competitive forever, bye."
    Agreed with TS on 2 and 3. I'd add that:
    If all the whales who bought you will be too unhappy with your return in normal delay, then you won't.
    ...I hate you, Cruel Greed / Extortion Arts.
    P.S. @Gair , nice to meet another X-COM: Enemy Unknown fan player this days, I guess.)
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    A lot of people boycotted Revan because it was a massive paywall, and honestly, I thnk CG benefits a lot by delaying Revan by making a statement that the next big paywall might not be available for 6 months so you better pony up
    Most of the players hate you for that. You gave them the reason. You deserve to be hated.
    I'm not a fan of Revan's kit because its untrue to the character and just a bunch of things meant to counter every single meta so far. I think people hating CG because of his kit is silly. CLS was like this, Traya was like this, eventually his kit would be great but not anything to cry over. His entire kit revolves around having him in the leader ability. Revan's kit is ok outside of the leadership slot and its easy to get rid of him from the meta, release a leader that is better than Revan and he doesn't hold much utility anymore
    And as if that wasn't enough, now you release OT Falcon instead of toon that was hysterically farmed by pretty much everybody for like last 3-3.5 months.
    OT Falcon is a huge content for people asking for more ships, and why is this a bad thing? Are they not allowed to release any toons or ships unless Revan returns after October 18?
    Of course nobody gave any guarantees that he'll be back this january. And so what?..
    We have the usual cadence here, arena paylock there, and everybody around farming OR toons. It doesn't matter who has or haven't announced what, as long as so much people are upset with what you did.
    Each day you are not returning JKR, since 10.01.2019, gives one more solid reason to hate you. Each day you become more disgusting for all the players who's expectations were deceived. One of top 10 expectations was that arena paylock won't stay for that long.
    Or what, this paylock was meant to stay? Then why don't you just stand up, step forward and say: "Dear players, our shining new buisness plan is to keep arena top for the whales and krakens only. Everybody else, enjoy being non-competitive forever, bye."
    Expectations set by whom? CG never said the arena will shake up every 2 weeks. You made the expectation and you were deceived at your own expectations. Please don't blame others for your own faults. Revan teams can be beaten, first you needed good mods but with C3PO, the arena is no longer in a "paylock"

You just need to git gud. If you've been playing this game long enough, you would know the arena status quo has always been like this, when Traya was first accessible to guilds that were able to hSTR (which had some whales), when Mother Talzin came out to counter the JTR meta (which required a lot of crystals to seven stars), you can compete with meta teams but you need to put in extra effort for not paying. Also, we all play this game, knowing its a Pay 2 win model and complaining about that is useless, the game would shut down if it was running a charity
    Agreed with TS on 2 and 3. I'd add that:
    If all the whales who bought you will be too unhappy with your return in normal delay, then you won't.
    ...I hate you, Cruel Greed / Extortion Arts.
    P.S. @Gair , nice to meet another X-COM: Enemy Unknown fan player this days, I guess.)

This isn't extortion, everyone is given plenty of time before the next return. They aren't forcing you to use your credit card to continue playing. You might have the toons ready but several others haven't and the more time they give, the more players will be able to compete with the meta instead of stay behind it
  • Revan_Presence
    65 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I thnk CG benefits a lot by delaying Revan by making a statement that the next big paywall might not be available for 6 months so you better pony up
    People deleting the game is what they'll get.
    OT Falcon is a huge content for people asking for more ships, and why is this a bad thing?
    Not a bad thing. A bad time.
    Expectations set by whom?
    Like I'm the only guy who's anxious and disappointed around here?
    You just need to git gud. If you've been playing this game long enough,
    85 since like a week ago. No legendaries at 7*. JKR could be my first. Also, only started playing when I've seen OR characters. Never met JKR's in my arena shard simply because I'm too far from the top. Yeah.
    So what? I can't say that the skies are blue now?
    P.S.
    I'm not a fan of Revan's kit because its untrue to the character and just a bunch of things meant to counter every single meta so far. I think people hating CG because of his kit is silly.
    Doesn't make sense, actually. This design is based on LS Revan after defeating Malak at the Star Forge. What do we know about this Revan? Nothing. They can't be either really wrong or right.
    His entire kit revolves around having him in the leader ability.
    The original character was much more well known for his leader abilities than for his skills with the Force or lightsaber. So, I see nothing wrong here either.
    Post edited by Revan_Presence on
  • Learn patience, my friends. And don't be too disappointed if it lasts until April.
    It's just a game...