3v3 and GA Arena in general

To make it more easy:
- matchmaking includes fleet GM without fleet to be used
- no legendary falcon can be used
- 3v3 some teams have far too less counters and one game error can cost the whole GA (revan gmy jolee, cls rhan chewie)
- no teamplay
- matchmaking was bad to 95% every single last GA (opponents simply did not matched)
- rewards are not based on GM, but 5m player gets same as a 1m player which punishes growth

Grand Arena is same isjust unfun. Its just rng which opponent you will get and how hard the matchmaking cheats on you. Its not like I didnt won mine last time, i am just unhappy to see this popup every time it comes. GA is the opposite of the healthy growth game I like to play. It wants you to starve and help not your guildies. It wants you to be selfish and egoistic. And thats not me! And thats why i hate this game mode.

Feel free to share your opinion about this topic. Its your good right to have same or different ;)

Replies

• 1. Pairing is something which has been tricky to balance since day 1. This is difficult because:
    A. GP can be manipulated.
    B. A Traya and an Ewok Scout are clearly not equal. (I think this is somewhat taken into account by the presence of zeta's which CUP/Scout etc. don't have which means their GP is a lot less.)
    C. Some people know how to mod, some people don't. An account that looks similar to another may be woefully different if one has farmed speed mods.

However, I think Grand Arena does cover some of these issues. Because you're in a group of 8, unless you are paired with 7 people who all have woefully higher accounts, you're still going to have some good matchups. In a multiplayer game you can't expect to win every matchup. If you go to a chess or tennis tournament, you don't go in thinking 'If I play every game my very best I can win every game'.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/19/tennis/australian-open-williams-tennis-djokovic-osaka/index.html

I would describe myself a dolphin, with a strong tactical understanding of the game. I'm top 50 in arena, and have put a lot of effort into Grand Arena, in the last one, I went up against a bloke who played smart, used Thrawn and Nhilus (I assume) to disect Nest, match me on character/character points and then beat me on the fleet where he had the superior fleet. I did my best, I hid Nest behind another form, in the hope he'd blow Nhilus on someone else. But he was smart, he read my roster and beat me. I didn't complain that he had the better account, he invested in his fleet I hadn't to the same degree. But I still had fun and I had 2 rounds that I won. Not every matchup is supposed to be winnable.

TW I think is more prone to Matchmaking perils because you only have one opposing guild. But in Grand Arena you have 7 and three rounds, so you will get sorted into playing people more on your level within that pack.

D. If fleets can be used in the Grand Arena, then the matchmaking should use GP = to character + fleet. If, it is a character only Grand Arena mode, then it should matchmake using GP = characters only.

2. The consensus on the falcon was like most things in this game, it's beatable on defense, and generally good at winning on offense. I don't see what the problem with it is in GA, if they use it to win on offense good for them. If they put it on defense then you have a fair chance to take it on.

If they'd given the Falcon synergy to empire chimerae fleets or Geonosians then it might be a bit OTT, but Rebels needed the help. I think it was a really good move to make the falcon amazing but require rebel synergy instead of being something that can be slotted into already good fleets.

3. I understand what you are saying about no team play. However, I think the Grand Arena is a great tool for training newer/less focused players for TW. Our guild has had a lot of players contributing much more in TW now that they've had practise from GA. Also, it lets people practise TW on an account level similar to themselves instead of being overwhelmed by scary forms depending on how good your guild is.

4.- rewards are not based on GM, but 5m player gets same as a 1m player which punishes growth

If you're an older account and trying to gear Revan or a newer 85 account trying to gear Revan, the stun gun/carbanti blocks are the same. Once, you've unlocked top level credit crunch, daily challenges, the age of your account doesn't matter hugely. So, I don't understand why a 5m player is punished.

God forbid, if you're a player who ENJOYS playing star wars battles, the ability to use 10 teams instead of 3 is something you should relish and enjoy. You get a huge amount more tactical depth and have to think about which teams you want to counter others. Or you can just log in, and stick it all on auto if you really don't want to fight...

However... In the same way that TW gives higher rewards based on guild GP, I think this wouldn't be a bad thing for Grand Arena. I want to be clear in that I don't think it's NEEDED, as I say, gear crunch is the same. But, i'm in the position where I am thinking, do I want to keep my GP down to have 6 really good teams, instead of going into the next bracket where I have 8 good teams. Giving people an incentive to increase their GP, to qualify for better rewards possibly would make people more enthusiastic about levelling up their people, which is only a positive step.

Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • Thank you very much for your reply. I suppose in the end most people come to similar conclusion about GA and 3v3 version of it.

I by myself do enjoy the battles. I even play TBs manually because i can try out new groups. In the end the point with 3v3 is you level phoenix, rogue one and other terrible GA groups and get high GM to be punished by GMs not being able to use your fleet advantage - this is just not fair. You even get more punished and your whole fleet gm is calculated inside - its like a double penalty to go all in for the newest ships (1 ship + pilot = 4 chars worth as GM). Thats just bad marketing in my opinion - Isn't it?

I love the game, just would love to have certain things adapted to enjoy it even more!