GW making me want to throw my phone across the room...

Prev1
This is why you don't out several maxed out teams against someone lvl 60:

1. Enemy dodges about 60% of your attacks, its absolutely ridiculous!!!!
2. Enemy crits about 90% of the time.
3. Enemy inflicts statuses about 90% of the time.
4. You will not inflict a single status the entire fight.
5. If they have old Ben, that means you'll spend half the fight hitting as hard as a lvl 10 Bariss without the use of any abilities. (How long does offense down last!?)
6. If you do manage to somehow land a few hits, one of their 2-3 healers is sure to fully heal the team and refresh their CD by the time you can deal any damage again; if you're still alive.
7. Any of your other toons are useless. The enemy will either wipe them out before they land a hit, or heal fully before wiping them out.

This is ridiculous... And infuriating.

Replies

• This last week, every GW I start the first team I encounter is a team of lvl 70's with 5-7* toons. Then followed by 2-3 battles of level 65-68. This totally takes out 3-4 of my best toons in the first fight and 2-3 there after, giving me absolutely no chance to even compete for a finish of gain supplies. SMH
  • Get some healers, don't put your best characters in at the start, expand your squad a bit, figure it out, Stop whining.
    I know people have found GW hard to complete and lower level guys have had ridiculous match ups which meant they'd never have a chance of clearing it, but seriously, this is pathetic.
    I'm sorry, normally I like to offer advice to people on the forum, and try be positive in my comments but this makes my blood boil.
  • Jopa_Tice wrote: »
    This last week, every GW I start the first team I encounter is a team of lvl 70's with 5-7* toons. Then followed by 2-3 battles of level 65-68. This totally takes out 3-4 of my best toons in the first fight and 2-3 there after, giving me absolutely no chance to even compete for a finish of gain supplies. SMH

I'm gonna beat Bent Wookie to it...Welcome to the forums!
  • I was harsh, I'm sorry. There's guides on how to play the game.
  • Lamb
    300 posts Member
    And millenial.....
  • Lumi+Barris = GW clear every single day.

Trust me it's great especially if you throw Ackbar to help with Sidious then QGJ leads and Ahsoka for crit heals.
  • I was harsh, I'm sorry. There's guides on how to play the game.

First fight:

7* Chew 70
    7* unduli 70
    6* jawa 70
    5* dooku 70
    4* bares 70

I managed, failed to notice the blue gear on 3 of them. Prior to this GW I made it four battles in and lost my top 8 toons. I think I just had a tough streak.

Thanks for advice.

My top 16:
    Max Sid
    70 mace 6*
    70 phasma 7*
    70 Jedi C 6*
    70 dooku 5*
    70 talia 5*
    70 ren 5*
    70 Jedi knight 5*
    67 koth 5*
    67 tie fight 4*
    59 unduli 5*
    60 chewy 4*
    60 daka 4*
    59 greedo 4*
    60 Fo Storm 3*
    61 Poe 4*

All are 7-8 gear besides Poe and unduli, which are 6.
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    It looks like that your problem is that you want to much. You want Yoda, right? And you want an good Arena rank, right? And now you want also to clear GW. That is not possible in your situation. Concentrate on 10 toons. Bring 5 to 7 Star and after that the next characters. You need good healers to be 7 Star not Talia. JC is nice, but Lumi and Barriss are much better. Daka is on other good choice because you need her for Dark Missions.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Jopa_Tice wrote: »
    I was harsh, I'm sorry. There's guides on how to play the game.

First fight:

7* Chew 70
    7* unduli 70
    6* jawa 70
    5* dooku 70
    4* bares 70

I managed, failed to notice the blue gear on 3 of them. Prior to this GW I made it four battles in and lost my top 8 toons. I think I just had a tough streak.

Thanks for advice.

My top 16:
    Max Sid
    70 mace 6*
    70 phasma 7*
    70 Jedi C 6*
    70 dooku 5*
    70 talia 5*
    70 ren 5*
    70 Jedi knight 5*
    67 koth 5*
    67 tie fight 4*
    59 unduli 5*
    60 chewy 4*
    60 daka 4*
    59 greedo 4*
    60 Fo Storm 3*
    61 Poe 4*

Max your Lumi and JC, you should be able to complete GW with two healers. But if you're still having problems...

Farm Barriss from cantina, you only need her at 4 or 5* for GW, raise her leader ability and heal ability.
    Run Barriss as leader with Lumi and JC.... and any other two strong characters, say Dooku and Daka..
    Treat these 5 as your A team and protect them at all costs, if a healer dies retreat and retry.
    In that 1st battle you should try to stun Dooku with your Daka or your Dooku, only then attack him as his counter will wreck your Jedi's otherwise. Once he was dead, kill Jawa or Lumi, leave chewie and Barriss to last so you can reset your cooldowns against them.
    There's many viable teams in GW, but when all else fails, using 3 healers is the best way to go.
    You'll need to do some work on the rest of your squad to have a B team and eventually a C team.
    You can mix up who you put with your three healers, tie pilot and Greedo can do a lot of damage when they're geared up.
    I personally use those three healers up until node 8 or 9, then I use different teams for the last few battles to experiment... I never put myself in trouble because I always have my 3 healers to fall back on.
    I hope this helps, but there's loads of thread out there to assist you in completing GW, good luck.

• Thanks for the advice! Yes, looking to try and get Yoda this next round. Appreciate the comments.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Jopa_Tice wrote: »

First fight:

7* Chew 70
    7* unduli 70
    6* jawa 70
    5* dooku 70
    4* bares 70

Thanks for advice.

My top 16:
    Max Sid
    70 mace 6*
    70 phasma 7*
    70 Jedi C 6*
    70 dooku 5*
    70 talia 5*
    70 ren 5*
    70 Jedi knight 5*
    67 koth 5*
    67 tie fight 4*
    59 unduli 5*
    60 chewy 4*
    60 daka 4*
    59 greedo 4*
    60 Fo Storm 3*
    61 Poe 4*

With that being your top 16 I have to assume you have others. That is a pretty decent roster. Learn the magic of suicide fodder, which should help you get pretty far. Get JC, Luminara, and Bariss up and you will have no problems, till they break it more. JC is great because of his quick cooldowns. Can run a Luminara, or bariss heal early and JC late and have all heal cooldows reset for next match. Save non-counter/high hp/low damage for last to help with cooldows.
  • Barriss (L), Lumi, and JC plus two good DPS (I prefer and mostly use QGJ and Rey) will roll through just about any team. Sometimes you'll need to retreat and try a different kill order. Sometimes you'll need to retreat and swap in a different (non-jedi, for example) dps. For me, in extreme cases, I'll retreat, throw in some random mid-level characters to soak up the opposition's special moves and/or heals, then die.

Complaining about it not being a faceroll at level 70 is quite annoying. I'm at 62, and I regularly go up against teams full of 70's. Can I waltz through first try? Usually not, but I can't remember the last time I wasn't able to clear GW. If you don't have the patience to try different lineups, take a few retreats, and sacrifice some cannon fodder, you shouldn't be in GW.

On the other hand, I do think it a tad unfair that someone my level is facing teams of 70's in GW. I have to try really hard to keep my arena team's squad power low so that my GW isn't full of 70's teams front to back. Maintaining a top 5 arena ranking (I'm still having to be creative to keep my squad power under 21,000) and still being able to finish GW regularly at 62 is quite a balancing act.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Jopa_Tice wrote: »

First fight:

7* Chew 70
    7* unduli 70
    6* jawa 70
    5* dooku 70
    4* bares 70

Thanks for advice.

My top 16:
    Max Sid
    70 mace 6*
    70 phasma 7*
    70 Jedi C 6*
    70 dooku 5*
    70 talia 5*
    70 ren 5*
    70 Jedi knight 5*
    67 koth 5*
    67 tie fight 4*
    59 unduli 5*
    60 chewy 4*
    60 daka 4*
    59 greedo 4*
    60 Fo Storm 3*
    61 Poe 4*

I don't get your complaint. You faced an enemy of similar level to yourself. That match making is the game working.

I think you can solve your problems quickly though by starring and levelling lumi
  • lv.70 player with a lv.59 luminara... SMH.

There's nothing wrong with GW; you're just bad. l2p
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Don't do it... Throw your phone that is.
  • Meh.
    This is just a rant.... About GW...
    Sorry to the admins who'll have to dump it with the masses of GW complaints....

It's my way of venting off. So I don't throw my phone...

I'm better now. ^_^

Carry on.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    You forgot the [rant] [/rant] tags
  • I can feel the pain but find it harder now that I can finish some days in 20 mins. I think GW is now presenting of the sames teams to beat regardless of your rooster...meaning a deep solid rooster won't make it just harder, but easier.

In the mean time it's infuriating, especially how much the enemy will always land and how much you'll always miss.

Playing teams +5 you level is already a huge burden. Even same level all max gear and stats means you come out deeply bruised. If that enemy is +10 levels you might as well forget GW for a while
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    The %'s aren't close to being that skewed but I understand that sometimes it feels like the AI is cheating. Luckily with the RNG seeds in place, you can almost always find an acceptable path through each GW battle with enough restarts.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • oTradeMark wrote: »
    The %'s aren't close to being that skewed but I understand that sometimes it feels like the AI is cheating. Luckily with the RNG seeds in place, you can almost always find an acceptable path through each GW battle with enough restarts.

Granted my numbers are likely way off.... (Except maybe for status affliction. At least in this case)
    But when they dodge 5 consecutive hits, then 3 more a few rounds later, including all your biggest hits, and so you change your team around and its the same thing... Rince and repeat... Feels roughly like half my hits on average are wasted.

But yes, I exaggerate the numbers. Still, its impossible.

Your strategy of figuring out the RNG works for teams 5+ lvls over, or 10lvls, but not fully 7* and max geared, maybe.
    But I stand no chance against full 7* geared teams at lvl 70.
    And for the past 3 days, I get at least 2 of these (maybe more? But I give up at the 2nd one...no choice)
  • What level are your characters and what is your highest Arena win squad power?
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member

5. If they have old Ben, that means you'll spend half the fight hitting as hard as a lvl 10 Bariss without the use of any abilities. (How long does offense down last!?)
    6. If you do manage to somehow land a few hits, one of their 2-3 healers is sure to fully heal the team and refresh their CD by the time you can deal any damage again; if you're still alive.
    7. Any of your other toons are useless. The enemy will either wipe them out before they land a hit, or heal fully before wiping them out.

Does this sum up your feelings?

no.gif
  • Telaan wrote: »

Does this sum up your feelings?

no.gif

Yeah I should have that gif handy just for this.

Could've saved us all some time and post just that...

Thanks. Lol.
  • Be 70 lvl and you will laugh what you have wrote and if you dont have take barris from cantina immediately
  • Savageop wrote: »
    Be 70 lvl and you will laugh what you have wrote and if you dont have take barris from cantina immediately

Bariss won't change a thing... A slight boost in health and a one-time heal wouldn't help whatsoever.
    What I need is to instantly reach lvl 70 and level up all my toons and 7* everyone asap.
    But that's basically the whole point of the game... Doesn't happen overnight. Its insane to expect someone to do this overnight; unless you really expect players to spend ton of $$$ to... Ooohhhhh, so THAT'S why they do this....

-_-
    That's kind of a messed gimmick to get $ from your player base. You're supposed to lure people into spending with exclusive rewards and shortcuts. Not pressure them into a corner where the only way out is by spending.

Or they legit have problems with sorting out this matchup situation.
    Oh well.
    Nothing I can do about it. =\
  • KyloWine wrote: »
    lv.70 player with a lv.59 luminara... SMH.

There's nothing wrong with GW; you're just bad. l2p

I thought that kind of rude and disrespectful crap was left in Barrens chat in WoW

• i have two swgoh accounts one is lvl 70 with mostly max characters. I have only had to give up on a GW once even though i have taken an hour plus i always get them down with with retreats suicide squads and leader changes etc. Now before i get into the reason for this post i have to note the day after the gw "patch" that was supposed to stop you facing maxed 7* teams through the whole war(btw at this time i was still level 65 or so and am f2p so not many characters) literally the whole war besides the first two were maxed teams and the exact same the next day i have pictures of each team i faced because it was a joke. My power level isn't even that high either. Now the main reason for my post about a week ago i started a new account to be top of its leader board and just have fun. Today i finally unlocked gw i even spent all my extra crystals to get to level 40 because of gw. After about 3 reasonable fights i go up against a level 63 team yes level 63 when I'm level 40. No matter what i do there is no way to beat it and even if i could there would be no hope for the rest of gw. WHAT is going on I've had this problem on my main but i didn't think it would be this bad this early is anyone else having this??? EA fix your game
  • HamSandwich
    63 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    This is the kind of comp the OP is complaining about...

Really%20now..._zpswgxif63f.jpg

And this is what my level 62 butt has to work with...

Ummm..._zpsndegblnz.jpg

Now do you see why you have no room to complain?
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Lamb wrote: »
    And millenial.....

Yes because millenials are the only self entitled generation. I work daily with baby boomers, gen y's that are more self involved and entitled than half the millenials i deal with but hey that wouldnt fit the narrative going around would it?

• Nice group of 7 stars...Kit Aayla RG, FOTP, Leia. Impressive, most impressive.