Just gonna put this here...make Asajj Sith!

Just wanted to spark this debate again. Asajj was Dooku's Apprentice. Why can ScreenRant get it right, but no one else?

5us5g3olcshl.jpg
#ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround

Replies

• So because they are wrongly stating their opinion, You want to try stir th spot again lol, have fun. Seems everywhere else that you look asajj is only referred to as an assassin , and was never actually made an apprentice,
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    https://www.starwars.com/databank/asajj-ventress

Even the official website is very adamant that she is not a sith
  • LordDirt
    4984 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I thought She was a sith by all accounts. She was a Sith Lords apprentice, used the darkside of the force and wielded two red lightsabers.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ultra wrote: »

The Sith rule of two was usually broken in true Sith fashion. The Sith Master would have his apprentice and the apprentice would usually have his so they could overthrow the Master. So Sith Masters would have their main apprentice and sometimes have others in hiding in case they were killed.

The Rule of Two was made to be broken.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

The Sith rule of two was usually broken in true Sith fashion. The Sith Master would have his apprentice and the apprentice would usually have his so they could overthrow the Master. So Sith Masters would have their main apprentice and sometimes have others in hiding in case they were killed.

The Rule of Two was made to be broken.

I mean, it’s almost like they’re evil or something lol
  • I do think she should get the BH tag or make another Assaj that is a BH
  • Only if they make Savage Oppress a night sister
  • She worked for a Sith, arguably wanted to be a Sith, but never was a Sith.

Thread closed.

026p5bdaw947.png

• Dooku said in the Clone Wars series that she was no Sith.
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    She worked for a Sith, arguably wanted to be a Sith, but never was a Sith.

Thread closed.

Not yet. She was Dooku's Apprentice (makes her an apprentice), but then was cast out once Sidious could tell she was getting stronger and could have teamed up with Dooku to over throw Sidious. If she's not Sith, then Fallen Bastila shouldn't be tagged as Sith.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • What about tagging her as a bounty hunter ?
  • Pieriku wrote: »
    What about tagging her as a bounty hunter ?

I do have to side with the Asajj we currently have not being tagged a Bounty Hunter. The current Asajj would be pre-wipe of the Nightsisters by Grevious. BUT I do think we should have an Asajj Bounty Hunter.
  • https://youtu.be/4sq9xM_NVWs?t=15 Dooku shuts her down in the clone wars cartoon lol
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Well, if Savage Oppress is a Sith in game, Asajj should be too. They were both Dooku apprentices. Then Savage left and joined "Formerly Darth, now just Maul" Maul. So they had the same position and both left to be rogue.

I guess you could argue Maul 2.0 (lol) was still a Sith during CW and didnt become Sith-less until the Rebels series. Regardless Savage and Asajj should both have the Sith tag or not.

And since we are discussing consistency here, the force require CG to remove Ahsoka's NS lead ability.

Heck might as well give Visas a Jedi and Sith tag, also.
  • So because they are wrongly stating their opinion, You want to try stir th spot again lol, have fun. Seems everywhere else that you look asajj is only referred to as an assassin , and was never actually made an apprentice,

One word "Savage"

On that very official website they state under affiliations: Nightsister, Sith. The only reason she wasn´t considered Sith officially is the rule of the two. But many Sith had a secret relationship to an apprentice they would train for the day they try to take over power and become Sith lord themselves.

It seems that the Ventress we got is her between Dooku tried to kill her and before she became a bounty hunter. Which is only a short period. They should have made her either Sith or Bounty Hunter but wanted her to be Nightsister exlusively .
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    They should make Grievous a Sith too while they are at it!

I think a BH Asajj would be better as an alternate / variant Asajj (should be a new toon / kit)
    Member5973 wrote: »

On that very official website they state under affiliations: Nightsister, Sith. The only reason she wasn´t considered Sith officially is the rule of the two. But many Sith had a secret relationship to an apprentice they would train for the day they try to take over power and become Sith lord themselves.

It seems that the Ventress we got is her between Dooku tried to kill her and before she became a bounty hunter. Which is only a short period. They should have made her either Sith or Bounty Hunter but wanted her to be Nightsister exlusively .
    The affiliations aren't a good translation for this game. They have emperor as Galactic Republic and Dooku as Jedi and Sith for example. The video posted by @CandymanJML2 pretty much sums up this thread imo

I do agree with the timeline they chose... They have her as a separatist and Nightsister at the same time which is contradictory (from what I've read, she left the Separatist and joined the Nightsisters and then became a Bounty Hunter). I think they also said that at one point they sometimes leave out tags to prevent some toons to be game breaking... I think that was the reason given for Veteran Smuggler Han & Chewie, so even if she qualified for Sith, doesn't mean CG will rightfully give it to her
    They should make Grievous a Sith too while they are at it!

I think a BH Asajj would be better as an alternate / variant Asajj (should be a new toon / kit)
    Member5973 wrote: »

The affiliations aren't a good translation for this game. They have emperor as Galactic Republic and Dooku as Jedi and Sith for example. The video posted by @CandymanJML2 pretty much sums up this thread imo

I do agree with the timeline they chose... They have her as a separatist and Nightsister at the same time which is contradictory (from what I've read, she left the Separatist and joined the Nightsisters and then became a Bounty Hunter). I think they also said that at one point they sometimes leave out tags to prevent some toons to be game breaking... I think that was the reason given for Veteran Smuggler Han & Chewie, so even if she qualified for Sith, doesn't mean CG will rightfully give it to her

Nightsister refers to her origin I think. Separatist might be used someday to make that faction useful although I doubt they plan to bring Separatists to meta level. Tags are not consistent in meaning and usefulness. And some characters can be used under these circumstance while others a just a very bad version of the original character. Ventress is still great and part of some of the best raid squads. Visas Marr on the other hand, the person who brought down Nihilus, fell victim to the inconsistencies in the tag system.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    I thought She was a sith by all accounts. She was a Sith Lords apprentice, used the darkside of the force and wielded two red lightsabers.

She was not the apprentice. You can clearly hear Dooku himself say that.

Also, you know about the rule of 2 sith only. Sid and Dooku were the 2 sith when Assajj was the most powerful.

Anyone can use red lightsabers, theyre synthethic, artificial staves, theres no magic in them.

She may have been force sensitive (albeit I dont specifically recall this), but that doesnt make anyone neither a sith or a jedi, its just a potential to become one.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We have a dev statement, which I am not going to dig up, that this version of asajj will not be made a Sith in game.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I would point out that she counts as a Sith for her own quest.

I had 4/5 Sith at 7* for ages:

Palpatine
    Vader
    Maul

... And Asajj.

Only other "tagged" Sith-faction characters I had any real development in were Dooku at 6* and Sion un-geared and un-touched at 5*.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I would point out that she counts as a Sith for her own quest.

I had 4/5 Sith at 7* for ages:

Palpatine
    Vader
    Maul

... And Asajj.

She counts as an agent of the Sith, for the 'Sith Agent' quest.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    The sub-portion of the quest specifically says

Have 5 Sith at 7*

Not Sith agents, Sith apprentices, Sith wannabes, or black robe-wearing Jedi: S I T H.

Yet another case of descriptor/coding not matching previously released statements.
  • LordGrahck
    344 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Being trained by a Sith, who was also a former Jedi Master I will add, no more makes Ventress and Oppress Sith than does standing in a garage makes them a Chrysler.
  • But Savage is tagged as a Sith...
  • There are many tags to be added for toons.

HK - Old republic
    Maul/Savage - Nightsister(brother) synergy with nightsisters basically
    Ventress - Sith
    Sith assassin/Maurader/Trooper - Old R(aren't from republic or empire era)
    I'm not sure BH should be scoundrels as well, scoundrel doesnt really match BH overall. Fetts were not scoundrels.