Problems with Grand Arena?!?

love Grand arena. could you guys make the tiers give different drops depending on the teir considering that we have people taking off mods to get into a lower tier when if the higher tiers had higher end drops they would be incentivised to go for the higher edn tier instead. Also when GA doesnt include ship battles the tiers should only go by your character GP not your entire GP, please make this change as it screws those of us who have more priority in ships and they arent even being used.

Replies

• Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    Removing mods doesn't make a big enough difference to really matter, I've tried it just to see. And ship gp will always be factored, as Kyno said previously.
    You never get to use your full roster anyway, there's not going to calculate only what you want to use
  • New Falcon has added the equivalent of nearly 3 fully geared 7* characters to my GP lol
  • New Falcon has added the equivalent of nearly 3 fully geared 7* characters to my GP lol

It's probably added that exact same GP to everyone you're going to face too :smile:
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
    Yup. Crew Power = 2x Character Power so the moment you unlock a ship, the GP value of each crew member is tripled.
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    New Falcon has added the equivalent of nearly 3 fully geared 7* characters to my GP lol

It's probably added that exact same GP to everyone you're going to face too :smile:
    Uh no. Certainly not after the first running of a new Legendary which requires another Legendary and a raid reward as crew.
  • StarSon
    7426 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »
    Removing mods doesn't make a big enough difference to really matter, I've tried it just to see.

This depends entirely where you are, and what useless characters you have mods on. You can easily drop about 120k GP, which could be significant.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    New Falcon has added the equivalent of nearly 3 fully geared 7* characters to my GP lol
    Yup. Crew Power = 2x Character Power so the moment you unlock a ship, the GP value of each crew member is tripled.

Uh no. Certainly not after the first running of a new Legendary which requires another Legendary and a raid reward as crew.

If one is facing someone who doesn't have maxed han and chewie or BH ships and simultaneously complaining that they're an unfairly strong match, then one is doing something wrong.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

If one is facing someone who doesn't have maxed han and chewie or BH ships and simultaneously complaining that they're an unfairly strong match, then one is doing something wrong.

I don't have my BH ships starred enough, so didn't get Falcon this time around, but have Chewie + Han maxed, as well as many BHs. I'm hoping all my opponents have hella GP inflation from ships lol.
  • then they should include a ships battle in every GA no matter what. Otherwise they shouldn't count the ships GP for every GA. Are they going to remove Ships battles from TW?? why not its the same thing if I have put resources into something and you are counting that then i should be able to use that. Period.
  • Also the tier rewards should be different i was at 2nd tier under 1.75 millioin and i had to fight several people that definitely had much higher Gp but removed their mods to get into a lower tier. i won a total of one battle in 2 matches because of this they had 20+ gear 12 toons in 1.5-1.749 million tier thats cheap and they need to incentivise people from this by giving better gear the higher the GP tier.
  • So, as part of remodding my entire roster in preparation for GA, I removed all of my mods. It amounted to about 50,000 gp. So I went from 1280,000 to 1230,000.

Yes, people arn't going to have mods on their lower tier stuff. I don't, I sell my bad mods and use my better mods (ones with speed on) on my teams that I'm planning on using in GA.

But mods doesn't attribute to very much GP.

Secondly, a G12+ character is about 18-19k without zeta, a G11 character is about 15-16k. So having 20 gear 12 characters is only 50/60k GP extra.

Whilst, you could say, the GP difference from having 0 mods outweighs his gear 12. But A. if he's got 0 mods out, you should crush him and B. that difference is the difference of having 3 extra characters...

I don't understand what the problem is, if you want to do well at Grand Arena:
    Build characters to 12 before starting a new one.
    Don't leave mods on characters you're not planning on using in the Grand Arena.
    Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • one of my opponents i was talking about was rank 4 in arena and rank 43 in ships at 1.5-1.749 GP with gear 12 Revan
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    chalupa452 wrote: »
    one of my opponents i was talking about was rank 4 in arena and rank 43 in ships at 1.5-1.749 GP with gear 12 Revan

Did he have the same GP as you?
    He probably paid to get Revan. I see no problem in payers having an advantage. It's only fair.
  • How about the option to select toons and ships to NOT be counted towards GP and also would NOT be available for use in GA? Basically, bring your best to go up against everyone elses best. You would get an honest GP matchup that way
  • Here's my problem with counting ships GP and not allowing ships.

My current GA matchup:

Me: 2.55M GP, 1.15M in ships. 15 G12, 20 Zetas.
    Opponent: 2.53M GP, 843k GP in ships, 29 G12, 29 Zetas.

I'm going to get destroyed. He's got twice my G12, 300k GP more in toons. He doesn't even have Chimaera, but it doesn't matter.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Here's my problem with counting ships GP and not allowing ships.

My current GA matchup:

I'm going to get destroyed. He's got twice my G12, 300k GP more in toons. He doesn't even have Chimaera, but it doesn't matter.
    Here's my problem with counting ships GP and not allowing ships.

My current GA matchup:

Console yourself with the knowledge that their lack of ships will count against him or her in the Arena's where they are used.
    Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?