GA mis match making

I have 475k character gp
(1 zeta, 1 g12, 24 battle ready chars, 7* g7+)

I am facing:
625k character gp
(7 zetas, 5 g12, 41 battle ready chars)

650k character gp, 630k, 580k etc

All have vastly superior rosters which makes sense. At my level 150k + gp is a huge difference. I am at least 25% down on ground forces.
I am lowest by character gp by far.

Of course, our total gp is about same except I cannot use 50% of my galactic power since there is no fleet territory.

How does this make any sense?

Can I at least call air strikes like general Griveous?

I like GA and will try to have fun either way

Replies

• Lots of cases like this. Another one is people with revan facing up to people without revan
  • Yeah GP is a horrible way of creating matches, but they want an algorithm that is basically set and forget.

If they had to take individual characters (Revan, Traya, Nest etc) into calculation then they'd be spending a ton of time changing it everytime a new powerful toon comes out.

It could be better, but will never be perfect.
  • What you mean this isn’t fair?

04ee5mk6opq3.jpeg

59 g12 vs. 7. 240+10 speed mods vs 44. Traya and Revan vs. no Traya and Revan. Seems fair to me. Literally my only worry is my opponent won’t place anything on defense.
  • Of course, our total gp is about same except I cannot use 50% of my galactic power since there is no fleet territory.

How does this make any sense?
    It doesn't but there are plenty of folks around here who will try to rationalize it.

Got an even better one for you:
    812,395 vs 1,174,090 character GP.

That's a whopping 44.52% advantage!

Total GP difference is a mere 23 or 0.00001% advantage.

Right idea, wrong value used.
  • Lots of cases like this. Another one is people with revan facing up to people without revan

At least in 3v3 there is a direct and 100% reliable counter to Revan

At least in 3v3 there is a direct and 100% reliable counter to Revan

please tell what are some cheap counters to revan i havnt faced a revan yet(cuz im relatively low at arena)

By cheap i mean counters that accessible by me https://swgoh.gg/p/827263954/
  • cls chewie rhan can basically win everything
    soft counter traya version (7s, so thats far off for you)
    mirror
    thats it!

3v3 has huge problems with counters (if you wiped once with your counter you will loose the GA most likely - error of game in 1v1 can easily cost the whole match which is a little uncool). 5v5 has way more counters by the way.
  • GA matching is horrible because opponents manipulate the game by removing mods on their least used characters. So they lower their GP to win against those of us who don’t manipulate the game. Why punish the honest players. This happens every GA event. Would be nice to fix it.

Possible solution would be to place people who don’t mod their roster in another group or base match play on GP of highest characters and omit lower powered characters. Maybe you could eliminate the top powered characters like you did recently in TW so my modded Java’s could defeat their unmodded Java’s since they manipulate the system ;) . Or simply put in a “report this player” link in GA matches. We know who they are every match.

It is unfair for top people to drop mods so they can win. Come on EA.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    zfastest1 wrote: »
    GA matching is horrible because opponents manipulate the game by removing mods on their least used characters. So they lower their GP to win against those of us who don’t manipulate the game. Why punish the honest players. This happens every GA event. Would be nice to fix it.

Possible solution would be to place people who don’t mod their roster in another group or base match play on GP of highest characters and omit lower powered characters. Maybe you could eliminate the top powered characters like you did recently in TW so my modded Java’s could defeat their unmodded Java’s since they manipulate the system ;) . Or simply put in a “report this player” link in GA matches. We know who they are every match.

It is unfair for top people to drop mods so they can win. Come on EA.

There is a link to report people when you click on their names in GA. But reporting people for something that isn’t against the rules won’t get you anywhere. You don’t even know they removed mods vs never having placed them in the first place.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    Yeah GP is a horrible way of creating matches, but they want an algorithm that is basically set and forget.

If they had to take individual characters (Revan, Traya, Nest etc) into calculation then they'd be spending a ton of time changing it everytime a new powerful toon comes out.

It could be better, but will never be perfect.

My problem is that it could easily be better/improved. Just put weighted multipliers on character GP and ship GP:

Adjusted GP = x(toon GP) + (1-x)(ship GP)
    x = total points from toons divided by total points

Essentially, if characters can provide 75% of the total possible points then characters would provide 75% of the adjusted GP.

If you apply this formula to the current GA, characters provide 100% of the total points so they would provide 100% of the adjusted GP, or you would be matched on just your character GP.

• I totally agree.
    I'm going through the same situation.
    I have about 700 k and my opponents have about 1000 k.
    Quite unfair.
  • All valid points.

But could start with something simple.
    For land only ga, omit ship gp from both.

For some reason my opponent didn’t set any defenses and hasn’t attacked either. Maybe he looked at my ships and was afraid of air strikes?
    Lol
  • @XKurareX and @Bloodless There's actually another one that I've used. Since there's only three of them getting Thrawn quick enough to go first becomes possible with about par modding if you use Tarkin lead. So I did Tarkin, Thrawn, Nihilus. Fracture Revan and he'll never get to use direct focus because you can start increasing his cooldowns while he's fractured. Make good use of Grand Admirals Command and you should survive enough hits from yoda until you can anihilate him. Then rinse and repeat until you've annihilated all three of them.