TW community participation suggestion.

From what I can gather, the general consensus was the banning of characters in TW recently was pretty ungood.

However, it seems people rather like the faction boosts, and the community seems to enjoy taking an active part in the game overall.

Why not combine them together for future TWs?

Right now, there's 22 factions(not including N/A). The Rebels have the most toons with 42, while the Tusken have the least, with 3.

My suggestion is each TW, have the community vote on 4-6 factions, and then the devs pick toons(number would depend on the amount in each faction, but I would suggest no more than 3 or 4 max) to receive a really awesome boost for that TW.

To keep things both fair and *interesting*, winning factions are placed on a 'hold' and are not eligible for future rounds, until all factions are chosen.

Not only will this prevent the community from pushing the same 'favorite' factions repeatedly, but it will reward players who have a larger roster. Plus, it will encourage people to eventually power up toons they've neglected, as maybe one day they will get that big TW boost to turn the tide in their guild's favor.

To further encourage both participation in the community voting, as well as getting players to build up their rosters more, maybe consider increasing the overall rewards for TW? Not anything too crazy, but make it so players are truly excited to actively participate in TW.

Replies

• Another option (if old toons are not getting reworks) buff the old toons in TW, like we had with mace before. It would give people an incentive to at least aquire and reasonably gear them. Make Mace expose all enemies rather than one. Give Lumi a Bastilla like effect. Clone wars chewie has triple health and prot and an undispellable 5 turn pretaunt etc. Moderatly OP, but not as game breaking as the 1000% offence type buffs we have seen.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Changing not good may not make it good.

Letting the devs choose just opens the door to blaming them when you lose or if the choices made "hurt too much"....

So overall, probably not the best idea...